The Corroboree
t st tantra

smokable lsa's from common house plant!!!

Little interest?

Dude this stuff gets mentioned NIGHTLY in the lab :)

Yeah I'm interested too, its just I don't have the time to adopt another species ATM. Things are moving along and I'll be away for about a month. However, if some fresh roots were available I'd be more driven.

all parts of the plant seem active.

a strong decoction,no reduction,had a rich claret look.

but it has hardly any taste....just a slight raspberry like astringency.

a warm mug full was psycoactive almost imediately and while it activated other things it only partly activated some brewed green leaves.

an ext smoked was much cleaner than rue ext and performed better on the usual tasks.

t s t .

A friend of mine has the non-dwarf variety of this plant. He observed the following, noting that a dog recently destroyed all but one stem of the plant, so he is not too comfortable with digging up the plant's roots at the moment.

Two cones were smoked of material (stem and bark) from one of the dead stems. No effect was noticed. One cone was smoked out of 6" of root mixed with root bark. The reason Root Bark was included is because there wouldn't have been enough to put in the pipe without it. No immediate effect was noticed. However it is worth mentioning that my friend is not experienced with LSA and can only rely on LSD usage as a comparison. After smoking the 3 cones of plant material, a small amount of DMT was smoked. The effect was standard with the exception of mild eye rolling and head spins. These are not usually an effect of DMT for my friend.

I think that he didn't smoke enough root? perhaps the root bark is not active? Anyway, I will report back with more information regarding this plant when I have it.

A friend has tested 3 carex grasses: morrowii, brevicollis and albula.

3 cones of dried morrowii roots were smoked before slowly chewing and swallowing 3 hbwr seeds. There was no nausea (she had fasted beforehand and chewed a ginger tablet after each seed) but no visual or closed eye effects. There was a strong sense of unreality, a slow faint pulse and sedation lasting about 5 hours. The euphoria normally associated with full dose hbwr was not present but there was a sense of dissociation and weirdness similar to syrian rue, but without increased blood pressure. Overall, inconclusive. The effects could be attributed to the woodrose seeds alone.

each grass was also ground, soaked in vinegar and viewed under a uv light (as per the posting on harmaline fluorescence). There was no fluorescence for any of the above grasses.

It's possible the grasses used were inactive, wrongly identified or the wrong species.

I agree with t st tantra that maois are potentially all over the place. I read that the roots of introduced weeds like arabidopsis and phytolacca roots are fluorescent yellow under uv lights.

but the idea of maois in native grasses is very appealing. That theoretically, people thousands of years ago could have collected some sedge and some acacia and boiled them up in a bailer shell with acidic water from a melaleuca swamp...

My friend also tells me that chewing 3 hbwr seeds before eating a half-dose of fungi made for an intense, almost overwhelming experience/lesson. I'm sure that predosing the lsa with maoi would mean that even smaller quantities of mushroom would need to be used.

Just thought I'd bring this back up as today I picked up a Cyperus Prolifer plant.Any exp. with this one tst?

Just thought I'd bring this back up as today I picked up a Cyperus Prolifer plant.Any exp. with this one tst?

i've tested about a dozendifferent cyperaceae and all seem active so far.

i expect we'll find some superior species at some stage ,similar to piripiri in the amazon.

work on the root nutlets needs to be done,along piripiri lines.

must also mention some cyperus sp have strong contraceptive properties and may cause temp or long lasting infertility[?] .chinese medicine seems to use it for menstral problems.

dont know much about this but felt it should be noted.

obviously,the usual warnings for pregnant persons

t s t .

Little interest?

Dude this stuff gets mentioned NIGHTLY in the lab

cool... does it have a name?

Also, the lab must be very interesting, if only there was a way to join it...

gom it is really easy to get ont he lab

if you follow apoths directions in the lab thread you will join no probs

he has spelt it out very clearly i have no idea why you have trouble connecting

are you using xchat maybe post the problems you have in that thread and apoth may be able to help

be good to see you there

is the piri piri one in in australia? i woudl be very keen to get one of these plants or an equivalent to do a dieta with it.

i recently bought some cypress sp from a chinese herbalist, not sure what sort it is i need to look into it

anyone know what they use it for?

i recently bought some cypress sp from a chinese herbalist, not sure what sort it is i need to look into it

anyone know what they use it for?

Hebrew, cypress is a tree, Cyperus is a sedge.

Very important difference.

Cyperus-Papyrus-ergot....get the idea Hebs?

dont forget papyrus paper made with gum arabic from acacia sp.

the spidergrass plants have nutlets like traditional piripiri.

somewhere on the net i found mention of a piripiri initiation sequence.

first just piripiri was injested.

the second session was piripiri and tobacco

third was piripiri, tobacco and aya

t s t .

the most intense caffine effects ive ever had were from grinding mate leaves then by accident inhaling the dust that floats up when the lid is taken off. i have thought about purposly inhaling this from various other plants but have never got round to it. will havta try it now though.

haha, funny you mention this, the same happend to friend of mine with sally, several years ago.

hahaha me and my spelling mistakes, and hahahah and creach picking em up on them lmao.

i meant the cyperus is what i mean the sedge.

**hebrew hangs his head in shame again*** :)

hahaha me and my spelling mistakes, and hahahah and creach picking em up on them lmao.

i meant the cyperus is what i mean the sedge.

**hebrew hangs his head in shame again*** :)

haha

Sorry. I'm not really worried about spelling itself, just when it obscures the meaning, such as in this case. And hey, I might have saved you smoking some cypress ;).

:blink:

lol

all in good fun hey :D

thanks for making it clear i dont think i would smoke cypress but you never know hey, it may be an interesting plant to do a dieta with, i imagine it has alot to offer but i am not sure smoking would be the way ti offers itself but cyperus on the other hand, this one sounds very interesting, especially piri piri, i am interested in how each cyperus are similar or not similar, piri piri is one of the first plants a vegetalista would diet with, and this could be an interesting australian version? is this plant a native?

A few photos i took today of my Spidergrass plant in flower :)

med_gallery_704_1_549464.jpg

med_gallery_704_1_491679.jpg

beautiful YT...looks like a kickarse sativa :D

s this plant a native?

There are lots of Australian Cyperaceae - just go down to your local wetland. Around here there are the genera Baumea, Bolboschoenus, Juncus, Isolepis, Schoenoplectus, Schoenus, Eleocharis, Carex, Mesomelaena and also Cyperus (although the local species is a bit small to do anything with).... each with one or several species. Many of these genera are also represented on the east side of the country. Lots of room for experimentation.

yeah thats cool creach, i wil definately look into these plants as i think an australian piri piri is exciting for a vegatalista.

When I saw the picture YT posted I realised I have been growing one for years in a water feature.

I have the pot fully submerged all year around and the roots grow out the top of the pot and out the bottom of the pot and choke up the water feature. I have to take the pot out every 6 months or so and pull off handfulls of roots to keep it under control.