The Corroboree
t st tantra

smokable lsa's from common house plant!!!

WARNING;THESE PLANTS MAY CONTAIN MAO INHIBITORS,YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.............................................this has been a pet subject of mine for a while.

'pharmacotheon' mentions the smoking of the roots of an ipomoea sp in india.

trout and ott mention the use of carex brevicollis as an ayahuasca admixture.

trout further states the roots are active when smoked.

hbwr roots have some activity when smoked.

carex are in the cyperus family and i find the carex plants look very similar to the common house plant cyperus alternifolia[?].

my extreem sensitivity to lsa's responded to the cyperus roots.

further research indicated 12 inches of the long thin root to be more active than one hbwr seed when smoked.

the carex sp in sth am are called piri piri and the root nodes are usually used[as a tea?].

the cyperus is known as dwarf umbrella grass and sometimes as spider grass,it is very easily propagated.

t s t .

[ 12. May 2005, 10:46: Message edited by: t st tantra ]

Aren't the lysergic acid amide group very heat sensitive? Or is the pyrolisation converting another chemical into LSA?

It's in the webstore under ornamentals. Maybe I need to move it to shamanics

how difficult is it to smoke twelve inches of the root? there seems to be some scope here for an extract.

actually it may be even more interesting.

according to trout,carex brevicollis contains harmine,harmol and a few other beta carbolines.

combined with the lsa containing fungii this corresponds with the experience which is very smooth,no nausea or 'quantum weirdness',virtually identical to s rue and rivea c at that dose.

t s t .

waterdragon:

how difficult is it to smoke twelve inches of the root? there seems to be some scope here for an extract.

this was a bit of a joke actually.

we're talking about a long thin root.12 inches chopped up is a smaller amount than a hbwr seed!!

but the 12 inch dose was aparently old dry root and fresh dried may be twice as strong.

t s t .

More on HBWR: The seed husk, when removed by filing it off with a nail file and snorted is extremely effective, requiring only the filings from one or two seed husks to obtain the effect.

There is no nausea or other physical unpleasantness accompanying the experience.

One might try smoking crushed Voacanga seeds for something unusual but fun.

Or eating just a few, say 4 to 6.

You will be surprised at how nice it is--once again, it's nothing overwhelming--just nice.

I like the low dose voacanga. have been using it for years.

t st are there any more details in pharmacotheon about smoking ipomoea roots pls?

Friendly, that is interesting.

Does anyone else out there ever use the husk from HBWR seeds? I always discard this part, ensuring that none of it is ever ingested by anything living. I thought it would just make you feel sick, and any altered consciousness wouldn't be worth the experience.

Obviously I was wrong.

Can anyone else suggest doses, or any other methods of using the HBWR husk?

How can you smoke this chemical when simply exposing it to warmth degrades it?

Also, lsa containing fungi? I'm confused. Are the fungi growing on the roots?

[ 12. May 2005, 02:31: Message edited by: apothecary ]

coin:

t st are there any more details in pharmacotheon about smoking ipomoea roots pls?

i would have said more but its a memory from a borrowed book,thanks to entity for trout and ott.

and thanx to trout and ott!

think it was just a mention of the smoking of the roots of an ipomoea sp i did not know by people in india.the purpose or effect was not stated.

t s t .

edit

Edited by Rev

apothecary:

How can you smoke this chemical when simply exposing it to warmth degrades it?

I would also really like to know the answer to this question...?

Any activity from smoking would lead one to assume another source for the activity than the LSA's, no?

I would suggest there is something else causing the effect.

REV: I do so enjoy the lack of somatic distress that accompanies the insufflation of the husk powder. It's the only way to use the seeds, IMHO, as while I find the luminous purple and green projectile vomiting that usually acompanies my oral ingestion amusing, there are so many other more interesting things one could be doing with the time.

Also, I find no 'hangover' the next day from the experience.

More on smoking Voacanga seeds in a separate thread later--Voacanga africana is going to be the subject of my next class, and there will be various bioassays of the seeds, seed extract, and an A/B extract of the root bark (surprise!).

According to christian theology, if your wife dies before you do, you will meet her in heaven and be together for eternity after you die.

This purportedly answers the age old question "Is there an afterwife?"

[ 17. May 2005, 04:46: Message edited by: friendly ]

friendly, I've found that half a cone of sweet sweet mary is more than enough to quell nausea, and another half cone if it comes back.

In my opinion, it's gotta be nicer to smoke 0.1g of plant material than insufflate anything.

I had a quick read of the LSD and Ololiuhqui chapter in pharmacotheon and all I could find on smoking ipomoea was this:

Ipomoea leptphylla roots were burned by north american indians to treat sufferers of nervousness and "bad dreams" with smoke (gilmore 1919) This potentially psychoactive use points to possible content of visionary ergoline alkaloids

I will have a more thorough read tonight and see if i can come up with anything else.

Friendly: Do the seeds/seed husks have to be fairly fresh to get effects?

A little off topic I know but how long would you say the seeds/husks are still effective for when stored in a little baggie?

Jack:

I had a quick read of the LSD and Ololiuhqui chapter in pharmacotheon and all I could find on smoking ipomoea was this:

Ipomoea leptphylla roots were burned by north american indians to treat sufferers of nervousness and "bad dreams" with smoke (gilmore 1919) This potentially psychoactive use points to possible content of visionary ergoline alkaloids

I will have a more thorough read tonight and see if i can come up with anything else.

yes you appear to be right ,i checked myself earlier and couldnt find it .but its so info dense i couldnt be sure.

my being confused on facts is nothing new ,almost expected once in every major thread of mine.but usually torsten cleans up after me.

it may come from another text though.

t s t .

with trout in hand,lol.

cyperaceae

carex brevicollis.....harmine and several other beta-carbolines[harman,brevicarine,brevicolline,dehydrobrevicolline,homobrevicolline and harmol]

cyperus digitatus.........and

cyperus prolixus.....both claimed hallucinogenic if smoked.all pharmacological activity beleived due to the presence of the fungal endophyte balansia cyperi.

i insist the activity i talk of is most likely that of lsa's combined with an maoi,i laugh at science and its need to deny what i experience if it does not fit current theories,change the theories ,they must be wrong,lol,ego,lol

reports

a puff or two of 2 feet in a tobacco cigarette......nice flavour

four or five puffs on j laced with 2 feet......very nice visual enhancement of previous low dose cactus

over a metre.....very nice,smooth,about 3hbwr seed level,no side effects even a this dose!consumed as three doses over a few hours.

over a metre + 1/2 to 3/4 gm dried pedo ricans.....wow,had trouble communicating for a prolonged period,stronger than 5gms subs[?],still affected next day!

t s t .

smoked rue ext produced more qualitative than quantitative effcts when taken before ,with or slightly after 12inches root.

12inches root produced more increase in effect of very low dose cactus than smoked rue ext.

so i've heard.

t s t .

HBWR Seed husk powder from seeds a few (3?) years old showed no signs of diminished potency.

Be careful with this; a little goes a long way.

It's always interesting to learn things contrary to what is customarily taught.

Yeah I notice that tantra like myself is hyper-sensitive to some compounds which I tend to trust more than the scientific "but that shouldn't work"

Friendly are there any precautions or contraindications for V.africana?

I have a dozen or so seeds and am very interested :)

the most intense caffine effects ive ever had were from grinding mate leaves then by accident inhaling the dust that floats up when the lid is taken off. i have thought about purposly inhaling this from various other plants but have never got round to it. will havta try it now though.

I tried snorting the seed husks from about 2-3 seeds on various occasions with little effect. Only effects were a feeling of things being a little different and colours seemed a little more pronounced but hardly a thing. Maybe it's just me?