The Corroboree
Horus

My Caapi's crouch

nice pics colhawk and enjoy reading left of centre views, yogibear dont take it to heart its all about finding your place in life and accepting things you may not ordinarily accept, planthelper is not at all a heavy handed mod, just doing the job he is expected to do.

For a while I avoided this thread... Scared of why your Caapi had a crouch... And wondering what had made it stoop over... If I had known it was a crutch I would've rushed to take a look! :lol: and there is a lovely tree near my house that looks exactly like an upside down woman with her legs in the air. Very cool.

Dont piss all over my thread with your silly bitching.

I made two sarcastic remarks, the bitching didn't start till after that, firstly..

I didnt start it as a thread to mock Moderators or anybody else.

All I did was point out the obvious abuse of moderator privileges.

It .... does look like spread legs and a crouch.

As do *MANY* trees, I wasn't offended by it, I just don't find 'schoolboy' humour very intelligent, and not at all funny. And the word you're looking for, is "Crotch".. CROTCH.. C-R-O-T-C-H

So back off with the bitching

You have chosen the wrong persons thread :devil:

You know, we have a guy in our local area who dresses-up in superhero costumes then walks around saying hi to everyone; One day he's superman, the next time you see him, he's batman. One day he's at a major supermarket, the next he's at Bunnings. He's insane, but I kind of admire him; he only every says nice things and gives flowers to strangers.

Anyway, I don't know if your dress-up is meant to impress me, but tbh the robe just makes you look like a schitzophrenic shut-in. So spare me the ooky-spooky "trying-to-be-scary" rubbish; it just makes me roll my eyes. If you were REALLY the all-knowing shaman you like to portrait yourself as being, you'd be out and about down town wearing that - not just taking a few snaps in your dark little basement at home.

Just defending myself, people :)

Well everyone,thanks for the spelling lesson.......what a silly bunt.

Looks like the thread got off to a wrong start.

Ill go and practice my social and spelling skills,and maybe....one day...

I might start another thread.

Thanks for all your comments,

Have a lovely day.

^ No, the thread got off to a great start. it just went a little off tangent. We all new what you meant by crouch once we saw the pic' any way. We all make spelling mistakes and what's worse, is that once you realize the mistake, you can't correct it in your thread title. . What was important was the content of your posts. I enjoyed it.

Internet personalities are hard to read .What may be said as a joke, may be taken as an insult. Given that Yogibear is new around the traps, he may not have the feel for this place yet.

:)

Awesome pics colhawk, love the snaky bits too. I got a giggle out of the resemblance to a crutch, I don't think the spellings that important, I thought that's what it might have been

and checked it out. Very impressive plant, I hope mine gets that big and lasts 10 years. I'll certainly give it every opportunity.

Good to hear of your relationship with her too, I think the world would be a much better place if more people had relationships with their plants.

Thanks heaps for sharing :)

I recently came into possession of a small caapi cutting that is happy and thriving here in Victoria. I hope I get to see mine get to the ripe age of 10 too. Though come the winter months she will need extra care from what I have gathered with other members experiences here in Vic. Thanks for sharing colhawk.

i've never grown caapi in mel, but i remeber members post's here, which reported that, some people managed to over winter them outdoors.

they looked like halve dead, but once spring arrived, they jumped back into life!

i tried growing caapi in a cold climat, and failed, it's certainly not an easy task.

maybe you buy a reptile heat mat or something similar and keep her warmer this way.

than i would put some see thru tree guard around her, or anything which gives you a bit of an glasshouse effect.

better would be, one of those small instant hothouses, but i don't want to stopp you from your DIY'ing either.

For the record I was actually being genuine in my post, I thought it was about a diseased plant or something so I hadn't looked at it. Seriously though this thread made me learn more about this awesome plant as I wasn't even aware what a caapi was, (im still a newbie k) reading your sweet encounter with your plant is a lovely reminder of why plant lovers have such a deep respect and interest in the plant kingdom :)

Congratulations on your triumph yogi

It must be a truly fulfilling feeling.

If you were to walk into almost any hotel in the country and start insulting the locals after such a short time, they'd wipe the floor with your arse.

Choosing to hurl insults from the safety of the internet is a gutless act that really shows immaturity more than anything.

You like to prove how supremely intelligent and superior you are and you have passed judgement on someone that you know nothing about, in your own words you have judged Col to be insane.

Think about this.

How intelligent is it to insult someone connected to a motorcycle club that you think is insane ?

I hope you have an interesting life.

• Like 1

The plan at moment is to pot her and bring her indoors over the colder months, with the odd day time visit outdoors on the better days.

who, yogi, or the caapi? :P but seriously, does this lovely plant grow in south australian climate? - if anyone could let me know please. Sorry for thread hijack colhawk but you've spread the love for your dear plant and now I want one too :)

, I thought it was about a diseased plant or something

There was once a thread in the cactus forum with a title of something like,,,, 'My pink areoles' , You can imagine what i thought that was about. ( Yep, nipples):lol:

Edited by Amazonian

who, yogi, or the caapi? :P but seriously, does this lovely plant grow in south australian climate? - if anyone could let me know please. Sorry for thread hijack colhawk but you've spread the love for your dear plant and now I want one too :)

Have a read of this meeka

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25759

i got one around october 2010 and its now about 10ft tall so hoping it's healthy enough to handle winter

Edited by Moses

Thanks so much moses. Hard to do searches as only on mobile internet as moment which is pain in the arse to navigate.. Should've known my plant mentor sola would have been growing this. :) great to see its growing in so many places around australia too.

So I have my "journeying space" in a room under my Caapi.

And I was very pleased when she grew thru the window to join me.

See her shadow on the outside.

post-337-0-94589400-1297299795_thumb.jpg

Close up

post-337-0-65753800-1297299854_thumb.jpg

Here is a tip for you all,

When you are in the zone,on a top brew,stick the end of a shoot,from an attached branch in your mouth,

like you are smoking a hooka,close your eyes,and check out those visions!

I travel into the plant right down to its CROTCH !!!

Edited by colhawk

Congratulations on your triumph yogi

Thanks! ..*accepts flowers* /bows

It must be a truly fulfilling feeling.

Uh huh! ..Feels great!

All I did was respond to the volleys hurled at me. Am I supposed to just sit on my hands while people tell me I'm a moron? Would you?

If you were to walk into almost any hotel in the country and start insulting the locals after such a short time, they'd wipe the floor with your arse.

Choosing to hurl insults from the safety of the internet is a gutless act that really shows immaturity more than anything.

Isn't it remarkable just how frequently people resort to generic, mediocre responses, like that: "You insult someone online, you're a COWARD!!!" .. :)

I wouldn't even attempt to truly insult someone I knew nothing about; For one thing, you need to know the person enough to dislike them, and without any knowledge of their life, you cannot hit any 'sweet' spots anyway. No knowledge = No buttons to mash.

They were simply light-hearted exchanges, your old-granny sensitivity perplexes me.

You like to prove how supremely intelligent and superior you are and you have passed judgement on someone that you know nothing about, in your own words you have judged Col to be insane.

There are always smarter, faster or more successful people than you, me and the rest of us, so I don't believe in 'superiority' - in anyone. You're wrong again! What ARE the odds.

And taking the piss is an Australian tradition, so go learn a little about Australian culture; You're like a 3rd grader whining about what's not 'fair' on the playground..

Think about this.

How intelligent is it to insult someone connected to a motorcycle club that you think is insane ?

Maybe you should think about this: Making threats - even as idle, boring, childish and lacking in substance as they are - on someone else's behalf implicates the both of you.

How intelligent is that? :)

This particular debate is depleted, and beginning to bore everyone, I'm quite sure.

Go back to talking about the Caapi or the kinky fetish or whatever the thread was about to start with

*zips lips*

Love the journeying space, it seems she just wants to be with you. Thanks for reminding me Moses & meeka, I'll update my pics.

Not nearly as impressive though. Love the setup, the plant and the crutch :P.

Sweet little setup colhawk, just lovely.

So I have my "journeying space" in a room under my Caapi.

And I was very pleased when she grew thru the window to join me.

See her shadow on the outside.

Close up

Here is a tip for you all,

When you are in the zone,on a top brew,stick the end of a shoot,from an attached branch in your mouth,

All current debate aside, I'd love a little greenhouse like that - excellent :)

I travel into the plant right down to its CRUTCH !!!

"Crotch" :)

Hi colhawk

I think your plants are awesome.

I really luv the journeying space.

It looks like a really tranquil place, the kind of place you can go to relax and chill out for hours.

I think you have a gift and by your results it looks like it is paying off for you.

Great results mate

I am envious, you have a green thumb and a special touch that your plants thrive on. :)

gday mr colhawk.

if its your secret brew cool keep it secret but was just wondering if you do the brew as straight caapi or something else added, no need to reveal the secrets it might just help me put the trip in context, i have read a few reports of caapi only brews and it mainly mentions a kind of alpha male feeling and touches on the sexualness of either being female/male type entities you briefly touch on.

for some reason a caapi/viridis brew doesnt seem to interest me at the moment but down the track when i am ready, or even when the plant says its time i feel quite interested in doing a caapi only brew.

cheers : )

if its your secret brew cool keep it secret

Well a full on aya brew initially to activate our relationship.

Then there is anything from the very sublime to the hair raising ridiculous.

ie-there are non active things,like peeling some bark with a fingernail and chewing,just putting a leaf in a tea brew

all just to retain the chemical closeness,just to have those molecules inside me.

There are smoking mixes (that should be a separate thread)

And then there are secret fungal brews.

Basically the Caapi wants in on anything I am up to,

and takes it to a different level.