The Corroboree
∂an

smoking DMT in a dream

the other night I found myself in some sort of hippy ranch, in a dream, a place that I have dreamt of before.

sitting on a hill with many others in a festival type atmosphere, a guy pull out a bong and asked if we would like to smoke some DMT.

he put two big yellow crystals in the cone piece with weed and offered it to me.

I asked how much was in there and he said 75mg... I got scared and said 'no way man thats too much!'.

I wonder what would have happened if I had said yes...

has this ever happened to anyone else?

the other night I found myself in some sort of hippy ranch, in a dream, a place that I have dreamt of before.

sitting on a hill with many others in a festival type atmosphere, a guy pull out a bong and asked if we would like to smoke some DMT.

he put two big yellow crystals in the cone piece with weed and offered it to me.

I asked how much was in there and he said 75mg... I got scared and said 'no way man thats too much!'.

I can't ever remember having drugs in a dream which I find strange though I certainly have dreampt I was inebriated, this morning for example.

Two weeks ago I talked to someone who said he commonly took drugs in his dreams.

Sounds like a cool dream though :)

Heh, now that would be an interesting dream. Unfortunately no, I've never had people offer me DMT in a dream; not that I can remember anyway!

Kinda makes me want to start inducing lucid dreams again, but then again the experience might be totally different in a lucid dream from a non lucid dream...

yeah it was a very lucid dream; at the time I thought it was real, hence my response to being offered such a monstrous dose...

i recall reading somewhere recently that dreams where very important to australian aboriginal shamanism.

perhaps they learnt to control endogenous dmt release through dreams...

I was under the impression a lucid dream was where you knew you were dreaming and took control... may be wrong.

I've taken drugs in my dreams numerous times. The effects are always my interpretation of the drug, nothing full on. I've smoked dmt in a dream and got mild visual distortions but nothing more.

I was under the impression a lucid dream was where you knew you were dreaming and took control... may be wrong.

I've taken drugs in my dreams numerous times. The effects are always my interpretation of the drug, nothing full on. I've smoked dmt in a dream and got mild visual distortions but nothing more.

yeah guess it was just a vivid dream then, not lucid. haven't experienced a lucid dream, one where I realise i'm dreaming. i wonder if the impression of taking a drug in a dream is accompanied by a (physical) sudden release of chemicals in the brain. i have had dreams and suddenly woken up to only find the dream carry over into the 'real' world for a few minutes i.e. girl standing at the foot of my bed. this type of experience seems to indicate a physical chemical release.

I've never dreamt of smoking dmt but I have dreamt of being in a dmt trip a couple of times. The first time I awakened from a full blast aya trip and found myself surrounded by a large crowd of folk in the middle of a festival with the knowledge of having just lost all my things and not knowing where I was. I've had aya trips of a similar magnitude but have planned my trip so I awaken in a much safer surroundings.

More recently I have dreamed of being in Changa trips and upon waking can clearly remember back to the feel of the dmt space. I am currently on a break from visiting this space and have been for a few months now due to my current circumstance and legality. Due to the fact that I abstain from all other active substances (except the odd cactus or vilca trip)' including chocolate and caffeine, I'm pretty sure my brain is taking it's own dmt trips as required. Good brain (pat, pat).

I used to have psychedelic and mdma experinces in my dreams quite a bit when I was activly seeking vivid and lucid dreams which is something I have been able to do since I was a little.

It started off with my having repetitive nightmares when I was about 7 or so where I would fall off of a big cliff, I learned to recognise the scenario and that if I tried hard enough I could wake myself up, then after that I learned that if I flapped my arms when I was falling that I could start to fly, or at least hover a bit (although to this day it is really exhuasting to keep flapping my arms like that so I can only do it in bursts, so I go up and then glide down lol.

After that I snow balled it to where I could do just about anything other than change the setting of the dream.

The psychedelic experinces tended to happen on thier own where I was semi councious and just watching things unfold until Im in my own head and its all happening.

They have easily been some of the smoothest, most powerful and intense psychedlic experinces I have had and was often supriused to wake up and find out it wasnt real and wanting to go back but it never worked.

It started with the heroin dreams I used to have every night for about 2yrs when I was trying to kick but before I got onto Methadone.

They came in 2 flavours both 100% vivid and in the 3rd and 1st person, the most common one being where I would go through all kinds of torture to get my hands on a few caps only to have it always fall out of my grasp at the last second waking me up in a panic, usually by means of the syringe accidently squirting out or the ballons falling from my hands down a grate or whatever.

The second was when I would acctually get high, usually without all the rigmarol of chasing the gear and it was just like the real thing with a taste and everything.

It was about this time that I rememberd my lucid dreaming skills and took my dreaming back under some control to try and prevent these gut wrneching heroin dreams that were totaly out of my control and breaking my spirit, then slowly but surely I was able to turn them around some of the time.

Then occasionaly I started to get them about acid and mdma or just some random substance and these were always good and always very realistic.

Even when I smoked pot heavily I was always able to dream up until about 5yrs ago when I stoppd being able to remember them. I blame this on Methadone more than anything and the longer I stay on it the worse its getting which is a shame because I used to really look forward to going to sleep.

i had breakthrough dmt trips in dreams before.. was pretty absolutely amazing actually.

never dmt but ive had a shot of gear in a lucid dream that fried me woke up from it with my adrenaline pumping hard

wow andy sounds like u have had some incredible dream experiences... i have found that codeine suppresses the effects of tryptamines dramatically, so i reckon ur right about methadone and ur lack of dreams presently. my most vivid dreams have been when i completely abstain from all chemicals... especially when its a sudden break.

dreams have been some of the most profound and meaningful 'psychedelic' experiences for me, even compared to dmt trips. dreams seems to integrate more of who i am and my past into the experience than trips..

Edited by kalika

I had what i perceived to be syd without prior experience in a dream once, probably the most powerful dream i'd ever had, was sitting down with everyone else in the centre of flinders st. station, in the covered foyer part under the clocks, like it was jam packed, all the way down the stairs and really just quite chaotic but very calm at the same time, it all happened quite fast but i flipped something into my mouth and the room just exploded with colour, which then went into basically dissociation, transported to a very soft gentle cartoon like world, very lush grass and large animated snails and the likes, which my view was then totally overtaken by a gigantic butterly, moving increasingly closer to my face, fantastical wings and very smiley and friendly until the fuzzy abdomen and face completely obscured my view. I think it then ended, possibly i woke up, but sorta recall that i kept trying to get back to sleep and kept reentering the situation in a sense, but the peak was over and it was different.

This was many years ago so it's a bit hard to recall the exact situation, but i do recall the experience quite vividly visually in the context of still motion cartoon cell storyboard, like i can picture the station and busy nature, picture the taking of, picture the intense rush, picture the world i was in, and picture the butterfly coming in. It all flowed rather fast, but those key points stand out to this day.

I dreamt that I ate a sheet of blotter to avoid getting found out by the police. I had a few odd dreams like that before I had ever taken any lsd.

I've had what I call my Salvia dream, the dream told me this. The insight into my future was spot on. I've also dreamt of taking crystal meth, a purple haze smoked in a glass pipe, my perceptions were very strange but I felt I knew what it was like to take such a drug. I don't now if the experiences were accurate because I've never taken these drugs. A dream is what got me originally interested in this forum.

mec

Interesting phenomena hey.

Smoked pot,taken shrooms and DMT in dreams without prior use at all....turns out the smell and such effects were spot on :wink:

Anyone ever taste or smell DMT whilst awake?,let alone have another person look at you like "can you.......?"

That's FREAKY!!

I consider myself very lucky because I've always been a very vivid dreamer. I dream almost nightly and have good recall unless I've been heavily intoxicated the night before and wake up to an alarm. I can clearly remember dreams dating back as far as to when I was two years old. I consider my dream memories to be as real as my waking memories and some of the most meaningful experiences of my life have occurred while I've been asleep. As far as I'm concerned, I really have flown, I really have died, I really have killed, I really have waded through swamps protecting a fetus in a basket.

I've dreamed about drugs alot, some similar to Andy's post above where the dream is more an anxiety dream where either I'm desperately trying to get my hands on something and try a thousand avenues over what seems like days or else where I have a big bag of goodies and keep eating but not getting any effect.

The more fulfilling dreams are the psychedelic dreams where I have taken something, either a known plant or substance or else something totally invented and the effects are often more amazing than taking psychedelics in the waking life. Often I'll have amazing visions of things rising up into the sky, until the entire sky is filled with textured patterns and repeated objects undulating in the most beautiful way. Sometimes, I'll enter a dissociative state where my vision melts into something I can't describe in words and my mind travels down paths I've never experienced from plant/chemical induced hallucinations.

Interestingly, I've had psychedelic dreams since before I was even really aware of psychedelic drugs. One example is from when I was about 8 years old, I was at the park near my house and when I looked up into the sky I noticed an egg shaped object, divided across the short diameter by a thick black band, blue on the bottom and pink on the top. Over the next few minutes, the egg replicated itself, always with the same pattern but sometimes with the blue and pink parts exchanged with yellow. Before long the entire sky was filled with what seemed like an infinite number of eggs which started spinning in unison. I stood transfixed until the dream ended.

The psychedelic sky theme sometimes is interchangeable with aliens as well. I often dream the sky is filled with spaceships, sometimes realizing that they are a hallucination, sometimes what I believe to be a hallucination turns out to really be spaceships.

Dreams to me are the ultimate drug. Absolutely limitless.

Great topic Kalika. :)

• Like 2

Dreams to me are the ultimate drug. Absolutely limitless.

awesome stuff Rab, loved the self-replicating egg :o

i have never taken a drug in a dream (me rejecting the DMT bowl was the closest i've come) but my dreams are highly psychedelic nonetheless.

I have been attacked by a giant preying mantis, held myself as an infant in a waterfall... and dream of finding mushrooms all the time.

about 2 years a go I would dream of this farm with a big wooden barn type thing. I dreamt of it many times before one time I found these huge golden gleaming cubensis mushrooms everywhere... at that time I had only ever found tiny specimens of cubes.

then last year I actually found the cow paddock in my dream... complete with wooden shed, and the largest cubes i've ever found.

and just yesterday I found some amanita muscaria while walking in a pine forest (in real life, but not in australia).

then last night I had a very vivid and intense dream about running through an ancient forest... i came across a decaying corpse near a river and huge amanita were sprouting out of the stomach. the weird thing was some of them had square caps on them and where like a foot in width... weird shit huh...

its heartening to know that the human body is capable of producing such amazing visions and experiences - or realities, as they may well be - 'on the natch' as mckenna put it.

the day after these intense dreams i feel absolutely fantastic, like my life force has been recharged to a level I never knew existed.

perhaps dreams are the waking reality of the soul.

i'd love to hear about other people amazing dream experiences... even if they don't fit in the topic of getting high in the dream.

Edited by kalika

Ive also got a Cacti dream Ive been having repetedly over the last couple of years (I often have repetitive theamed dreams), Im only lightly self aware and I come accross a patch of GIANT tricho's, they must be 2mtrs in width, with some up to 3 or 4 mtrs tall others being short or cut, particularly these massive, perfect scops.

Everytime I have it I believe its 100% real with me thinking up ways to get my hands on a cutting and wake up very disapointed. lol, I had it the other night., haha

I used to have this awesome one where I was flying over the top of a melbourne suburb (Box Hill) looking into the yards for cacti, when I finally fly over one just near the shops by Bocki Tech oval and it is a cacti wonderland.

I swoop down into the yard and Im met by a lovely old lady tending her cacti who offers me cuttings, just as I go to take one the dream will end. lol.

and yes, mushroom dreams, used to have lots of mushie hunting dreams around season time,

enjoyed your post rab

on the botanical note, i once encountered a boob tree, which somebody destroyed while i was deciding how to take a cutting.

maybe it's my materialist aspect which often has the upper hand, but often in dreams i am trying to obtain things, like if i start finding things of any kind of moderate value for instance, i might be trying to carry them all with me or whatever.

Before I'd ever tried anything other than alcohol and MJ, I had a dream where I'd taken some sort of drug and then went down into a street manhole into basically a different world which was just like an utterly enormous cavern with the look, feel and bounce of a massive jumping castle but the walls, floor, and roof were all psychedelically coloured and kept changing colour. An utterly indescribably euphoric intensity I'd never before experienced - and since then the closest I'd come to that almost unbearable euphoria (no other word I know comes close) was a HBWR experience in feel but not look - flooded my brain and body and I never wanted to leave that space floating and jumping and bouncing around. A friend of mine had described to me what MDMA was like so perhaps that was what started that dream in the first place. It eventually wore off throughout the dream but I still never wanted to wake up. I don't remember how I felt when I did wake up, but I can still envision that jumping castle cavern of shimmering reflective colours and brain-exploding euphoria.

mec please explain...

I've had what I call my Salvia dream, the dream told me this. The insight into my future was spot on

i had the same thing as a dream when i was a child. crazy time loop from the time the dream ended, when i lit the pipe and inhaled, to the time i had my first breakthrough. same people, same setting, perfectly. blew my mind.

mec please explain...

I've had what I call my Salvia dream, the dream told me this. The insight into my future was spot on

i had the same thing as a dream when i was a child. crazy time loop from the time the dream ended, when i lit the pipe and inhaled, to the time i had my first breakthrough. same people, same setting, perfectly. blew my mind.

wow that reminds me of something I have almost completely forgotten... the second time I ever smoked salvia I was in a seattle backpackers hostel. I smoked the 5x in a joint, had a mild salvia experience with no visuals really, just fell over onto the floor... then fell asleep on the bed. I recall having a dream where suddenly everything went red, then greyscale, and I saw myself standing infront of me. As mec experienced, the dream informed me this was a salvia experience... I then woke up, and I had been asleep for 3 hours. Was this residual salvinorin-A in my system, or a dream induced psychedelic experience? who knows...

i'd love to hear about other people amazing dream experiences... even if they don't fit in the topic of getting high in the dream.

I often dream that i have come across an opp' shop that has forgotten to lock up for the night. So i go in and am finding all this really neat stuff ( for free) and then ,yeh , i wake up spewin i missed out on all the awesome stuff. I also Dream of vampires here and there which really freaks me out.

maybe it's my materialist aspect which often has the upper hand, but often in dreams i am trying to obtain things, like if i start finding things of any kind of moderate value for instance, i might be trying to carry them all with me or whatever.

I often dream that i have come across an opp' shop that has forgotten to lock up for the night. So i go in and am finding all this really neat stuff ( for free) and then ,yeh , i wake up spewin i missed out on all the awesome stuff.

heheh it's not so weird really. it definitely seems to indicate that during those particular dreams, we're quite unaware that it is a dream.

Yes.

Several times. In different dreaming situations. And it hardly matters what the smoking instrument of dmt look like, because obviously its the idea of it.

In one dream it was blue crystal at a party. After pulling, i turned and looked at the mirror. I screamed with a new knowledge, and then felt like i'd woken at least a dozen selves in a dozen lives. As i lay in bed wondering how they could get dream drugs so potent, I swear I could hear another dozen versions of me remarking similar things in similar places.

Also during the hypnagogic state right before sleep.

That's a very flexible mind state to work with.