The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Sherlock

I just wonder how as an IV coke user he managed to solve crimes, as opposed to just lubing up and masturbating for hours on end.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Was the original Conan-Doyle character a psychopath?

strange you say that as i've always seen the character of hannibal lector as a dark version of sherlock

Watson...the Needle!

http://darklore.dail...ples/DL3-MJ.pdf

Thanks for posting that, was very interesting!

Dr House's character is based on Holmes (/House) but they chose to use vicodin (to ease his pain) in order to focus his ambition of solving problems as opposed to cocaine. House will also use other drugs if it suits his purpose; eg after inducing a migraine he uses LSD or psilocybin to eradicate the migraine.

Thanks Zen, I've just gotten all inspired to read some Holmes again.

**Nice link too, Synchromesh.

A miniseries called Sherlock is on channel Nine starting sunday. 3 episodes of one hour and a half. It is most excellent. I believe a reference is made to drug use in the first episode :P

All of you should watch it because it is absolutely amazing.

You're welcome guys.

Sheather - What do you mean by 3 episodes? It's on every Sunday and Monday isn't it?

I am not entirely sure. I was under the impression that there were only three, I will look into it more closely now.

More episodes would be amazing, but the end of the third seemed somewhat like a finalé to me.

EDIT: Wikipedia says there are only 3. Don't read the article though, spoilers are unmarked and they're pretty important ones, like what happens at the end of the last ep.

Edited by Sheather

I watched it last night and have to say it was the most enjoyable thing I've seen on TV in years.

I wondered how they were going to bring it into the modern era and make it believable, and I've got to say they did a fantastic job.

It really makes you appreciate the brilliance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, especially when you think there must have been a panel of writers working to do what one man did by himself way back when.

I wondered how they were going to deal with drug issue and they seem to have done so in a politically correct manner without affecting the overall plot.

The way the writers plant the seeds of intruigue and then Sherlock pursues it to the end kept me pinned to my seat from start to finish. I really felt drawn into that world and now I just have to know who his other nemesis is and why, I can't wait for tonights episode.

loved it when house prescribed cigarettes for constipation!!!

Moriarty is quite possibly the best character I have ever seen.

Watching the third episode had me stupified for 10-15 minutes after it's end.

If there's only three episodes, then I've definitely got to watch the other two. Thanks, Sheather.

loved it when house prescribed cigarettes for constipation!!!

I got prescribed cigarettes by a naturopath once. The same naturopath prescribed me (or at least got me one from his secret drawer) what he called an "opium" tablet. Not sure what it was, but it was pretty nice. I also got told to not wear hair gel, all for a funny on-going pain in my leg.

What can I say....? The pain that had been there for months dissipated within a week.

No referrals, sorry.