The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Need to drop some weight ASAP

hey guys - i need to drop maybe 4 or 5 Kg ASAP. Im exactly fat or anything - currently 82Kgs, but I need to drop some weight. Should i just eat lettuce? exercise all day for three weeks? yake hoodia for a while??

muay thai. should be some gmns near u.

I think it should be easy, exercise as much as sensible for your fitness, drink heaps of water, build up to a very high fibre diet. if its just the weight you want to lose - you should be able to do it in a week or two.

Dropping weight fast can be really detrimental to your health, but for arguments sake, make sure you take a multi vitamin to ensure you keep up your health, stop eating all fatty, sugary and foods rich in carbohydrates.

Work out like a mo-fo, mainly cardio, like running on a treadmill but make sure you pace yourself to begin with and work yyour way up.

Ephidrine, pseudoephidrine, amphetamines and methlyphenidate, cathinone, caffine, guarana all help with not only keeping up your energy whilst working out but can also suppress your appetite and provide deep sleep (which also burns energy) once the substance wares off.

(caution - some of the substances listed above are prescription only or illegal and are all drugs of dependance.)

Also products like fat blaster can soak up any excess fat and flush it through your system without it being absorbed.

The main thing to remember is to be safe and consult a doctor so they may prescribe a personalised treatment for you.

Im not a doctor and have not examined you so therefor some of the above options may not be right for you and could actually cause harm.

I will add to my comment that you should still have a good diet with lots of simple food.

iver always been able to maintain a normal weight until I got acute hepatitis and couldnt really exercise due to extreme fatigue for nearly a year. I put on maybe 6 kg or so - just a bit of a beer gut - and i think its because i was so tired all the time i was eating high carb foods to try and energise me.

But now that im back to being well i cant get these 5-6 kgs to move. And im running 20 minutes a day, pushups/situps every second day, other cardio another 20 and im working out like a madman. Weird... My diet is much better balanced now days and the only thing i can think of that might be stopping the weight is reducing smoking and drinking a few beers on the weekend?? Either that or my metabolism died when my liver nearly did LOL.

I used to do maui thai years ago. I was fit as shit back in those days.

staples?

LOL - im not that bad yet... 5-6Kgs is more what im talking about?? maybe my new weight might be my new normal?? I gain muscle pretty easily but i reckon now that id i drank a pint of guiness a night and didnt work out for 40 minutes id be as fat as

I know it may not be a tasty option but you could switch to a low carb/no carb beer. Might help.

Congrats on getting through the Hepatitis :worship: mega props.

Keeping to a good diet and maintaining your fitness reigeme will end up reducing your weight. As long as you feel fit and healthy, that is what counts :blush:

u may have to give beer a miss?

beer starts fucking with us old farts body big time.

is-this-the-ultimate-beer-belly.jpg

WTF? where did you get that photo of me?

Yeah maybe its just age - my dad started coping a beer gut about the same age as me (33)

Cardio like hell, if you want to lose weight I would recommend you don't take up muay thai or any other martial arts, as that will likely build muscle. You want to eat healthy. You should still consume fats and meats, but keep a high intake of fruits and veg.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

This site may help if you find conventional dieting systems to be a pain. It is quite logically explained and sound (imo)(though it does focus on optimal weight/muscle, not weight loss)

As to beer, your average light beer will have about 5g of carbs in it. ONE slice of white bread can have more than 12. I suggest don't carb count. Don't calorie count. Starving yourself of sugars may make your body freak out and try to conserve fats.

But yeah, cardio it up, avoid muscle building exercise (that will increase your overall weight I assume)

Just my 2c. I did a lot of looking into this kind of thing a year or two back, but don't remember everything clearly, so check facts rather than simply take my word eh? I don't want to be held to account :P

Good luck!

Edit: holy crap that is a rant and a half.

Edited by Sheather

muay thai is cardio. extreme push u to ur limits cardio.

hey guys - i need to drop maybe 4 or 5 Kg ASAP. Im exactly fat or anything - currently 82Kgs, but I need to drop some weight. Should i just eat lettuce? exercise all day for three weeks? yake hoodia for a while??

I went from 98 to 85 over the space of about a month or 2 without doing any additional exercise. All I did during that period was not eat anything with refined sugar or wheat e.g. bread, pasta, soft drink, cake, chocolate etc. I did eat a lot of fruit/veg/meat and some rice/oats, so it's not like I went carb free. I have gone back to eating some wheat/sugar, but nothing heavily processed and I seem to be keeping it off.

Edited by fredf
  • Like 1

Hi Meanie, is it just about the weight or do you want to lose some body mass? If you want to reach a certain weight, you could just cut it like some professional Boxers do. Not healthy but it works.

Also you could try looking into the Atkins diet. Since i eat like that, im more healthy than ever. Plus it´s fun to eat like that. bye Eg

EG, Atkins is good my father in law lost 32 Kg on Atkins, but be sure you eat the healthy fats/oils. There are similar diets that aren't quite as hard to stick to the 'Anabolic diet' by Dr.Mauro DiPasquale the Metabolic diet by the same author, Pm ur email to me and I will send them to you, you can lose that weight in two weeks although you aren't really excessive by the sound so it may take longer...

year's ago we used to use the northbridge weight loss plan, stay awake for 36 hours....ingest the wrong type of er..........um, dance for 6 hours, not eat the next day, unfortunately those hedonistic days are long gone for me but i must admit i was one sexy mofo....70kgs of body steel on my 6 foot frame.

now its been replaced by large evening meals, a healthy lifestyle, fatherhood, beer and pretty much no exercise, life becomes much more sedentary in the 30's, before it used to be go go go.

now im 82 kgs with a small potbelly, my friends constantly remark im putting on weight and its been kinda scary after being skinny for my whole life, 78kgs is my target soonish.....if i can put down my fork and beer.

cycling is the surest quickfire way to lose weight, dont believe me try it........fat melts off you and it's low impact for joints etc, which pretty much means im stuffed cos i plan to get a motorised pushbike hahah.

plant wise i think any plant which represses hunger may be a good short term option or makes alcohol seem nasty in combo.

Hey mate,

No offense if I get this wrong but I think you asking on this forum means you don't really want to hear exercise and eat well as the answer to losing weight, but rather a chemical way or at least chemical assisted so here is my advice:

I am pretty into lifting weights and when I cut the best product I use is called 'animal cuts'. The stuff is pretty expensive but basically it is a three week program, simply eat the 16 or so pills a day (I know it kind of freaks me out taking that many pills too) and maybe take a walk round the block. The pills make you pretty pepped up so be ready for that, also after the program stops you will feel shit for a couple of days, but coffee helps. Be aware if you have heart problems I reckon animal cuts will finish you pretty quick.

Anyway obviously the best answer is eat below your rdi of calories and exercise but you will always feel hungry otherwise you are not loosing weight. This can obviously be quite unpleasant and often causes people to give up and then binge eat, actually putting on more weight.

Also despite common belief, running a weight lifting program is far superior to cardio for weight loss. You will not gain muscle if you are not eating enough. Basically you cannot and will not ever be able to 'loose fat and gain muscle'. You are either in two states, anabolic (gaining) or catabolic(losing), no ifs or buts. By lifting heavy weights you will cause your metabolism speed to shoot through the roof, cardio on the other hand does not have this effect and will often make you incredibly hungry afterwards, leading to eating more than you would have lost. I suggest going to a bodybuilding forum and following a weight lifting program at your gym over cardio anyday.

The ceasing of food altogether is the worst thing you can do, as your body will condition itself to save every last bit of weight. When you return to your normal diet, you will gain weight quicker than ever before as your body will be in a survival mode.

Edited by jay6785
  • Like 1

well most people are toating around about 5-10kgs worth of shit in their guts if they are big meat easters, try lots of fibre and some laxitives. :lol: thatll get you some quick KGs off the scale but wont change the way you look all that much.

A lot of weight problems are associated with the liver.

Have you read the liver cleansing diet by Dr Sandra Cabot ?

Buy a Russian Kettlebell and swing that 4 or 5 times week and you'll most likely have to eat more to maintain weight

I've tried many types of exercise equipment over the years but nothing comes close to a kettlebell for strength or fitness in my opinion.

The weight usually falls off after using a kettlebell for a while.

Russian Kettlebell challenge

A kettlebell was Kostya Tsu's training equipment of choice

Hello Zen Peddler

I am about the same weight and age as you. I have never really wanted to lose weight but a couple of things that have caused me to lose weight have been;

About a year ago for about 6 weeks I ate pretty much only meat, eggs and vegetables. Very minimal carbs. For example, I might have gone for two weeks straight without having a piece of bread, rice ,pasta etc. I also didn't eat much fruit. Basically high protein low carbs and what ever fat the meat I was eating included. I'd say it was pretty much the Atkins diet. End of story is that I lost weight. I didn't weigh my self so I can't really say how much weight I lost but after six weeks or so I had to make new holes in my belt, so I had definitely lost weight around my waist. During this time I ate as much as I wanted, mostly homemade stews and curries with heaps of vegetables. In fact, probably ate more on average than I usually do because I burnt through the food a lot quicker and needed to eat more frequently to avoid feeling hypoglycemic. I should also add I did not do any intentional exercise and was working a job where I was seated for most of the day. Anyway I guess an Atkins style diet works for me.

The other thing that has and is still forcing me to lose weight was having my license suspended. All I have had to get around on for the past few months is a free style BMX I bought in my teens. BMX bikes are a horrible work out, especially up hill. I have noticed a reduction in my waist line and increased cardiovascular fitness also the beginnings of better muscle tone. This forced exercise is definitely having a positive effect on my health but it really sucks.

I went from 98 to 85 over the space of about a month or 2 without doing any additional exercise. All I did during that period was not eat anything with refined sugar or wheat e.g. bread, pasta, soft drink, cake, chocolate etc. I did eat a lot of fruit/veg/meat and some rice/oats, so it's not like I went carb free. I have gone back to eating some wheat/sugar, but nothing heavily processed and I seem to be keeping it off.

2nd'd. The older you get the more you want to avoid the refined junk.

BTW - There are some good breads out there, just make sure it's high protein, high fibre and lowish carb. I don't know if it's sold interstate but Burgen make some great breads.

Exercise has never helped me lose any weight, only keep it off maybe.

As someone in a country famous for its ridiculously high consumption of soda and beer it should be obvious those should be the first to go.

Just abandon anything sweet thats not currently alive- no soda, no sugar in your coffee (a bit of milk cuts the astringency), no sugar in your tea, no licking whipped cream off your partner, no junk food, no sugar free stuff with artificial sweetener (they perpetuate the sweets cravings besides having their own health consequences), no spaghetti sauce thats 5-15% sugar (wtf is up with that anyway, its disgusting), no fast food since they drug that crap with sugar, no sweet salad dressing, etc. No american food :lol:

Dont fall for the nonsense that fruit juice is good for you, its not, if you want some fruit eat a fresh piece of fruit, if you have to have juice just drink some water while insisting its 'ice juice' :P

Dont eat carrots! Them bitches are 5-20% sugar and the ones down near 5% tend to be used to make dog food because they 'arent sweet enough'. Good sources of vitamin A to take the place of carrots are kale, mustard greens, spinach, etc. especially kale!

Green tea is pretty good with no sweeteners, provided its not made too strong.

Some asian shops may have the non-bitter type of Gynostemma pentaphyllum tea, its good without sweeteners too, and it lowers incidence of heart disease and cancer and stuff.

Sugar is so ubiquitous in western culture people are blind to it, its fucking everywhere and its killing millions.

?? why is fruit juice not good for u??

never knew carrots where so high in sugar????

all said and done i think bluegreenie would easily drop the 5kg he requires with some exercise.

i was pushing 95 kg earlier this yr, i train 2 nights a week for 2 hrs since april this year, im now down to my natural weight of 85kg. Im the same as age BG, and i must admit its alot harder once u hit the 30mark. The ol muscles and joints dont work the same they used to, and yeah u hafta put in more effort. Training i do is mainly cardio.ifim not mistaken BG has an office job. that alone will put the kgs on u.i think he will be surprised how quick it drops off if he gets active.

like has been menioned, riding a bike, swimming well any physical activity really.