The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
punkin

Edible Cultures Available In Australia

Clitocybe infundibuliformis is a nice one. It tastes like a tart and can be found in the South East.

Hi guys,

I truly am a novice in cultivating mushrooms but am keen to give it a go. I mounded layers of manure, straw and decaying wood

under some trees near a tank so I can water the area and was wondering what would be a good starter that isn't terribly difficult

to inocculate the mound with, obviously it's non-sterile and it will probably have a hot dry summer to cope with. Is there anything you suggest

and can someone supply me with that species, live culture? I am willing and can pay in a fortnight for the culture.

Thanks

Sola

Anyone got a good producing Yellow Oyster?

Had a plate shipped to me ages ago in a trade, but every single transfer to grain gives me a contaminated jar even though the plate looks clean. :BANGHEAD2:

Yeah i do punkin, just give me a coupla weeks

I'm still waiting for the F###ing plates I ordered & paid for 3 weeks ago :ana:

Are these guys credible?

Found the site last week and thought like WOW!

Seems too good to be true....

Yeah i do punkin, just give me a coupla weeks

I'm still waiting for the F###ing plates I ordered & paid for 3 weeks ago :ana:

Good stuff. Look forward to it. Your not waiting on stuff from me are ya? :unsure:

Does anyone know if there is a way to get Inonotus obliquus in Aus? Just book reading up on edibles/medicinals today and they look like a unique challenge.

Is that an aussie site?

I have lions mane too :unsure:

That site is Australian, It replaced the funkyfungus site run by old Member 'REV' that used to be here. he is now over at EA under a different name. Many of the cultures doing the rounds in Australia would have come from REV. :)

I've got P. pulmonarius var. sajor-caju Punkin, but others should have it now too. Once I'm back I'll have plenty more to contribute to this thread. :wink:

Don't rush your journey though tripsis! Wish I was still away...

I've got P. pulmonarius var. sajor-caju Punkin, but others should have it now too. Once I'm back I'll have plenty more to contribute to this thread. :wink:

Yes thanks Tripsis, i do have one being lovingly tended into life for me atm and should be playing with it soon.

Hope you bring back many new cultures.

Thanks Hyphal, I'm not rushing, but I do have a set return date, made all the more concrete by having another flight two weeks after getting back, going to NZ. Your journey was epic though, must have been a year a half all up?

No worries Punkin, hope you get some good grows out it.

Thanks Hyphal, I'm not rushing, but I do have a set return date, made all the more concrete by having another flight two weeks after getting back, going to NZ. Your journey was epic though, must have been a year a half all up?

No worries Punkin, hope you get some good grows out it.

Have had enquiries after reishi spawn. Anyone got a culture ready to go they're willing to trade or share?

Does anyone here happen to have Agaricus blazei going?

Oh and your plates are comming along nicely Punkin, should be ready to rock n roll by early next week.

I will be pouring lotz more plates over the next several days if anyones chasing edible or medicinals me drop me a line.

that plate you sent me shortly is such a vigorous myc it blew me away.

Fully colonising jars of WBS in the incubator in literally a few days, thats at a constant 27.5 degrees. I wasnt prepared at all and now they are still sitting in my fridge awaiting some time off to transfer them to a bulk substrate. cant wait till next week :lol:

Edited by yaguareté

I will be inoculating plates of the following over the next week or two, so if anyones keen let me know while i’m still pouring.

Pleurotus nebrodensis

P. eryngii

P. djamor

P. tuber-regium

P. citrinopileatus

P. cystidiosus

P. columbines

Shiitake

Shiitake WW44

Coprinus comatus

Plus a number of other species as time permits.

Still hunting for :- Agaricus blazei : Sparassis : Lyophyllum shimeji : Volvariella volvacea :

Polyporus squamosus : Laetiporus conifericola, Laetiporus gilbertsonii : : Calocybe indica

and probably several others that i haven’t thought of just at the moment, if you have any other cultures i'm always open to offers :) .

Edited by shortly

I will be inoculating plates of the following over the next week or two, so if anyones keen let me know while i’m still pouring.

Pleurotus nebrodensis

P. eryngii

P. djamor

P. tuber-regium

P. citrinopileatus

P. cystidiosus

P. columbines

Hypholoma capnoides

Hypsizygus tessellatus

Shiitake

Shiitake WW44

Coprinus comatus

Still hunting for :- Agaricus blazei : Sparassis : Lyophyllum shimeji : Volvariella volvacea : Hericium abietis & H.coralloides (mine froze :( ):

Polyporus squamosus : Laetiporus conifericola, Laetiporus gilbertsonii : Hypsizygus ulmarius : Calocybe indica

and probably several others that i haven’t thought of just at the moment, if you have any other cultures i'm always open to offers :) .

I have the Ulmanrius mate. Will do one.

Brilliant Thanks for that :worship:

Do you want a Coprinus plate with the others Punkin?

No thanks mate. Sounds very dangerous. :devil:

Pleurotus nebrodensis

P. eryngii

P. djamor

P. tuber-regium

P. citrinopileatus

P. cystidiosus

P. columbines

Hypholoma capnoides

Hypsizygus tessellatus

Shiitake

Shiitake WW44

Coprinus comatus

Still hunting for :- Agaricus blazei : Sparassis : Lyophyllum shimeji : Volvariella volvacea : Hericium abietis & H.coralloides (mine froze :( ): I should note for anyone on Qld's sunshine coast both these Hericium can occasionally be found in the hinterland forests.

Polyporus squamosus : Laetiporus conifericola, Laetiporus gilbertsonii : Hypsizygus ulmarius : Calocybe indica

I'm in thailand now, hopefully I can get a decent print of the Volvariella volvacea, I'll pass it on when I ship off the shiitake plugs!

Hey Punkin the Ulmanrius arived safe & sound today :worship:

Will be replated in 30mins time :)

Hope it works out Omsource, still chasing that one.

Good one Shortly, it's strong that Ulmanarius and seems to like the hotter weater.

Fruits well too (in the spring that is)

post-7685-129191496064_thumb.jpg

post-7685-129191501614_thumb.jpg

Really chasing these three cultures if anyone has them;

Morchella elata (or any available)

Agaricus augustus

Boletus edulis

Let me know what you want to trade if you have them.