The Corroboree
divinersage

Study Aids!!!!

Hi all!,

I am currently studying Advertising just hit term 2 of my first year, all of a sudden we are being assigned about 3 assesments a week, along with in-class tests, all of which are mandatory to complete the course.

AKA - if you miss/fail 1, you fail the whole course. :BANGHEAD2:

over the last few years of schooling i have never come close to reaching my potential and always just scraped by ( im sure some of you can relate to this whether it be school/work ) i blamed this on the my debilitatingly low motivation which may or may not be due to my daily use of cannabis. Anyway without rabbiting on too long, i need to pick up my game! or im going to fail, already got emails from 2 teachers giving me the "get ya head out of ya arse" speel.

Before anyone chimes in and says " stop smoking mole you bloody dope!" ive tried this many times and i most literally cant get out of bed or leave the house let alone go to school, i have a tendency to vomit :puke: when i feel anxious and the termination of cannabis use as you all may well know, makes me SUPER-anxious and tweaky.

I know im going to sound like another stupid kid when i say this but i having been considering the option of using extremely low doses of amphetamines to get me into gear, caffeine makes me very sick, even on a full stomach where as amphets in small doses do not, thats not to say they dont have many additional complications.

anyway enough mumbo-jumbo, any ethno's that i should research and consider before i take the amphet train like all the asians at my school ( im not racist, its common knowledge and in my case first hand information )

Thanks in advance - DS

i say go for it

it's kind of crushing when respected member faustus says something akin to 'nootropics are a waste of time IMO'

If you do go for amphets then have your last dose early in the day so you can still get some sleep that night. Your anxiety will be ten-fold if you keep doing all-nighters and become fatigued, especially when the assignments are piling up. Keep the food up too, you need fuel for all that untapped brainpower.

It sounds like perhaps you're not that interested in your course, hence the lack of motivation? That can be a tricky one to fix, I'm afraid stimulants are unlikely to help long term.

There are plenty of ethnos that help, adaptogens - bacopa, gingko, ginseng - though I have a feeling you're searching for something with more immediate effects.

Edited by Alice

I am going to be honest and say that I dont want you to mix cannabis and amphetamines. It will make your life harder, even though it seems like a solution now. You do need some help though, I am afraid to suggest meditation or yoga or excercise.

3 assignments a week is hard, so I am sure that they must be small homework type task that should be relatively easy to pass, it does sound a little harsh for first year. My condolences. I hope you pass, I have never had that many assignments, that is like a doomsday scenario.

If you do take stimulants please make them natural or maybe try something like 5htp or something to alter ur brain chemistry in a positive way. Something that will complement the weed rather than act against it.

Weed makes Uni so hard btw, so much harder than it is normally. I wouldn't recommend quiting mid-term though, as once you get use to weed you could probably plug along fine.

I really feel for u man, I hope you find someway to get through, you will but it may not be as you want.

• Like 1

quit being such a pussy. sleep and sanity are overrated.

dose up on amphetamines, get those dopamine neurons a'blazin and go get shit done. take a good sedative at bedtime. wake up the next day and repeat. simple.

quit being such a pussy. sleep and sanity are overrated.

dose up on amphetamines, get those dopamine neurons a'blazin and go get shit done. take a good sedative at bedtime. wake up the next day and repeat. simple.

LMFAO....oh god I needed that....rofl.gif

My psychiatrist confided that he took stims for 6 years to get through UNI, I think that's why he had no problem prescribing them for me for chronic fatigue and to enable extended focusing when doing long hours of demanding thinking type work.

Take em early as possible, I mean when you wake is the best...and listen man try taking them before the weed...you might find you don't need the weed once you are stimmed up...don't be mixin weed n speed all day or u will be fucked out worn out freak in a couple of years.

Also DO NOT go down the benzo every nite to get to sleep routine...seriously man find a sweet spot for the stims, learn the dose and stick to it, I've actually started large at 50mg of Dex and worked back down to 2.5mg and found that is enough for a good solid days work and concentration and taken very early, then try to sleep naturally, maybe some weed to sleep but no benzo's and don't mix the weed during the day...the stims will take care of your anxiety if they are good like Dex etc.

hmm, sounds good in theory faustus, but i believe that will turn into an addiction...

if you take some dex during the day, have your puff at night. no need for sedatives.

By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself. - Bill Hicks :lol:

cheers

Interesting thread, lol faustus, are you still trying to experience a self-inflicted psychotic break?? :)

I never understood people who combine speed and cannabis, unless cannabis is done at the end of the speed session. This comes from a cannabis abuser. Cannabis definately acts against speed's clear head, stimulation, euphoria, although it's clearly too weak to really cancel it when you're speeded up... I also never understood people who can take speed for days in a row, even with sleep in between them, IMO even the second day the pleazure is greatly diminished and physical load pretty much more after 2 days of partying.

I also think that if I was trying to study and took some speed, I would end up outside to meet some people, friends, talk, have some drinks and eventually party on until sunrise and then some! Speed is so great to waste on studying something you don't like, but then again, some people have been helped in using it like that, propably in smaller quantities one would for party time.

Thanks for the advice guys!

much appreciated.

a couple further problems/issues arise though.

if i dont smoke i find it very difficult to eat, amphets make that 1000 times worse.

im thinking have a bowl, then biiiiig breakfast, let that digest, go the amphets, work till im strung-out/finished ( more likely finished ) then relax,

i used to use benzo's daily to sleep but have kicked them with the help of meditative audio pre/during sleep. I can ussually sleep even if im still a little charged ( after a smoke )

another issue: I dont have access to pharmaceutical amphets, dexies are what im after in my own mind, could potentially get ritalin but have read exstensively into there effects, and have decided to steer-clear.

I maybe use street meth 4-6 times a year. lucky enough to maintain a contact whenever i need it though. problem is its expensive! and im a un-employed student!

could the same effects be reached by a miniscule dose of goey? ( 10-25mg depending on purity ) as 5mg of dextra?

sorry for what may seem like stupd questions but i have been doing quite a bit of research and cant find any info on dextra vs meth for studying.

please keep in mind i'm not looking for any recreational effects.

could potentially get ritalin but have read exstensively into there effects, and have decided to steer-clear.

and what effects are these?

i have been doing quite a bit of research and cant find any info on dextra vs meth for studying.

that might be cos you're asking the wrong questions.

if you have access to methylphenidate, then i suggest you take it instead of street amphetamine. alternatively get a hold of some modafinil.

dexamphetamine is way better than both. Modafinil doesn't make much of a study aid, tho it will help you stay awake (not the problem at hand). Modafinil has replaced the use of dexamphetamine in certain parts of the military.

i took ritalin and dex for years prescribed. dex is way better. We don't have dextro or whatever the strange combination that usa has, our dex is pure dexamphetamine hcl. Its the cheapest and cleanest (majorly pbs substituted)

I stopped taking dex cold turkey, no problems at all. I find weed is more addictive than swallowed pharmaceutical amphetamines. Sedatives/benzo's are the devil...

edit: ritalin would work alot better than meth!

Edited by C_T

you might find you don't need the weed once you are stimmed up...don't be mixin weed n speed all day or u will be fucked out worn out freak in a couple of years.

So true! It's like oil and water..

--------------

Another thing that deserves mention involves this scenario......

It's 4:21 AM there you are in your bedroom squared off in front of your computer monitor hard at work violently typing away at your masterpiece ..while the competion sleeps. A loud noise from outside draws your attention away from the computer screen. You raise the blind on your window and peer outside to inspect..a car backfiring?....a muffled gunshot?.....or simply the neigborhood kids blowing shit up as kids do?....The darkness reveals little. A distant streetlight betrays the silhouette of the ACME air-conditioning repair van parked across the street. In the past three months that van has become somewhat of a fixture on your street?......

While the thinking man is well served to always keep a persistent and watchful eye on his surroundings regardless of whether or not these areas are partially concealed by the walls of his home.

If this is the case you are left with no option but to check the window....and check it you do.

Taking a good look outside of your window multiple times a day serves a variety of functions (not to mention increasing your survivability) Ensuring the little ones don't play to close to the street. Monitoring the progress of the tradesmen landscaping your backyard and stealing tools from your shed. Perving your neighbors trophy wife as she bumps uglies with the Foxtel repairman in plain view of the townspeople. Keeping an eye peeled for your maniacal business opponent who is gunning for your ass over an imagined slight? Realistically speaking more likely you have simply discovered yourself erroneously under constant surveillance as a result of a vast government conspiracy to send you to the Federal Bootyhouse for at least a few decades.

Where am I going with this?

For safety's sake window checking is essential but such vigilance can have a paradoxical effect in the event it is observed by those plotting against you.

In layman's terms Don't ever let them see you check the window.

For your safety and the safety of your loved ones I would strongly encourage you to think of the children and look into purchasing this periscope

(and the night-vision adapter) before you ever look out of your window again.

And remember without the ability to safely and surreptitiously monitor and respond to developments window-side undetected.... it is only a matter of time until you are left with no choice but to leave.....not only the safety of your room.....but eventually go outside...leaving the confines of your house itself. This time varies depending on when your prescription is allowed to be refilled.

Swatscope_index.jpg

--------

On a serious note

Might as well.......Good Luck with your studies

lol

OP

you mentioned appetite problems. smoke less cannabis

tell your friends to read up on amanita, low, tonic doses, to mid doses, stimulate appetite regulation. people have used amanita daily in low doses as a tonic with great success. It really does brighten up the mind!

shit, I always forget amanitas are not legal to buy in oz...

but anyways, a single [mid-dose] amanita experience can fix up [regulate] an appetite fucked up by cannabis , IME anywayz

chronic daily cannabis use can seriously destabilise appetite cycles...

If you have trouble finding clean stims then you can always use pseudo...60mg of pure pseudo in the morning is a great stim for working on all day and doesn't fuck with your appetite much either. The problem is only one brand of chemist product is just pseudo, most have other additives like codeine etc...look and you shall find I say, otherwise go to a psychiatrist and ask for dex in a roundabout way...jump through hoops and you shall be rewarded.

more than half the students i know in London would never have got their degrees if it wasn't for the judicious use ov amphetamines.

definitely agree that you should try & get dexedrine or benzedrine pills rather than meth.

Kinda in the same boat as you DS so i feel for you.

Best not to smoke in the morning, try to reprogram yourself into using it as a tool, something to reward your hard day of work at uni in the afternoon.

Certainly dont recomend taking the street qual stims I envy anyone that can get dexies.

would dmma work?

Mutant, what would you do if you didn't have cannabis to blame every problem you've ever had on?

Anyway, it's completely strain dependant. Some strains will screw with your appetite (if abused). But then other strains will make you eat like a pig, to the extent that you can actually quickly gain a noticable amount of weight.

Like other people have said go with the speed if that's what you want to do, I mean why not? But personally I'd be looking at getting my hands on a nice sativa strain, with a clear headed, energetic and uplifting effect to smoke during the day and while studying and leave the couchlock stuff for before bed.

Better the devil you know, IMO.

You don't want to end up where you need a few lines just to get your arse off the couch and then a gram of weed just to relax for 5 minutes, which does happen to a lot of people who like both there herb and speed a little to much. But then again I'm sure it's done wonders for others, I'll leave my trust in the plants though, lol.

Pseudo will do the job if you can't locate good clean dexies. If you crush with water and shaft it, it'll last longer. I also find if I eat a pseudo tablet rather than shafting, the comedown will be sooner and feel more like hitting a wall.

Pseudo plus anxiety :blink:

dont most people find pseudo very jittery?

Edited by spacemonk

Re: modafinil... At first trialling it as a dex substitution I did not find it effective but the last time I took it, in combo with a good dose of codeine, I found myself able to research and write thorough notes with the focus and precision of what I'd usually get from a low dose of dex. However the strange thing was I didn't reach that level of wiredness until possibly 4 hours after dosing the modafinil. I def think there is some value in it for study but the effect takes a few hours to sink in. Don't expect miracles but it's worth a look into.

From using dex for study my advice is be sure to stick to low range doses, encorporate a food routine in with dose routine, and DO NOT get into the habit of using more to wake up or stay awake longer because it's too easy to get stuck into a bad pattern resulting in addictive redosing and a cycle involving a crash-recover period where you can't function normally without em.

Spacemonk, personally pseudo does get jittery, but hardly at all when in combo with MJ which is what I took DS to say he'd keep using.

Re: modafinil... At first trialling it as a dex substitution I did not find it effective but the last time I took it, in combo with a good dose of codeine, I found myself able to research and write thorough notes with the focus and precision of what I'd usually get from a low dose of dex. However the strange thing was I didn't reach that level of wiredness until possibly 4 hours after dosing the modafinil. I def think there is some value in it for study but the effect takes a few hours to sink in. Don't expect miracles but it's worth a look into.

From using dex for study my advice is be sure to stick to low range doses, encorporate a food routine in with dose routine, and DO NOT get into the habit of using more to wake up or stay awake longer because it's too easy to get stuck into a bad pattern resulting in addictive redosing and a cycle involving a crash-recover period where you can't function normally without em.

Perhaps it seemed to take longer to kick in because the codeine had worn off its dulling effects?

will definitely look for some pseudo based OTC products, i have used ones containing paracetamol and codeine but didnt like the mix, pseudo tends to make me a bit cynical and cranky though haha!

had a minute dose of street amphet and got 2/3 assignments in 4 hours! pretty stoked.

thanks for all the replies, will try to address them when im done working!

thanks all.

Spacemonk, personally pseudo does get jittery, but hardly at all when in combo with MJ which is what I took DS to say he'd keep using.

Perhaps it seemed to take longer to kick in because the codeine had worn off its dulling effects?

Nah. Codeine was taken hours after modafinil and I find codeine to be more stimulating than depressing. Noticed a delay with modafinil other times as well. If taken at 9am I feel most alert around midday. If a redose is taken then I find myself jittery and restless early evening.

Jabez, you're getting what you asked for:

Mutant, what would you do if you didn't have cannabis to blame every problem you've ever had on?

You don't know shit about me and my problems, plus you have already proven you're a close minded fanatic regarding cannabis. It's you who glorifies it, not me who blames it. The single fact you are saying such bullshit about a man who deeply loves cannabis , daily uses it and has been shaped by it only shows the extent and depth of your idiocy.

Come and argue in that thread we were talking exactly this, cannabis and risks, chicken shit, if you dare! Why did you vanish?

So your advice for someone who needs a study aid and says he is a pot abuser and says he has no motivation or interest to study is to smoke more pot [sativa strain you say] huh?!??!

how enlightened, great thinking, you really seem like a cannabis expert.... NOT :P

all strains of cannabis will make you eat like a pig normally, all strains of cannabis will fuck your appetite long term if abused, you're again, clearly, unable to state even a single objective thing.