The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-YT-

The Future

Im interested in peoples opinions on what they perceive the future of humankind shall be, armchair speculations and wild assumptions welcome. Im thinking 1000+ years here :P

Hopefully by then we'll have flown the nest ov Mother Earth & launched ourselves into the Universe seeding life throughout the stars...

I hope Baseball hats are still in. They should never go out of fashion.

I think it'll be largely the same just with some cool new technology. I've read alot of buddhist suttas from 2500 years ago, they go into surprising detail about every day life and typical human behavior both in peace and in conflict as well as the technology of the day (how to purify gold, how to make soap or oil, how to build a quality chariot, etc) and I gotta say, human nature and behavior hasnt changed- just human toys have. So we may be on alpha centari but the uncle bobs will still be perverts and the aunt esters will still be scheming matchmakers, etc :lol:

asda

Edited by Teljkon

as you read this it will be the past but i wish you all the best when you read this in the future. see you soon

santiago

well i gave up speculating a while ago... i mean with the rate of change we're seeing these days, it must be the most difficult period in human history to try to accurately predict what we're gonna see in the future..

all i can hope is that over the next 1000 years we can manage to reduce our population down to around 1 billion people. hopefully it will be a gradual reduction over a fairly long period & not too much devastation & pain etc...

oh & i also hope that most of humanity fucks off to wreck another planet & leaves this one to another (smaller) bunch of people before it's completely fucked over.

moved

Edited by telepathogen

Apples that taste like bacon.

Humans with gills.

Landsharks

Women with three sets of breasts

The moon is a farm

A cure to racism

A cat/dog hybrid

3rd Eye gains physical presence

and wait for it . . . . . . . progressive experimentation in the field of therapeutic uses for hallucinogenic drugs.

Ooh ooh and sane substance laws.

Edited by Quilliam

asdassd

Edited by Teljkon

as you read this it will be the past but i wish you all the best when you read this in the future. see you soon

santiago

One cannot do anything in the past. We exist only in the present.

Oh and I'd be down for my own little planetoid.

I dont think that earth will be that habitable for humans in 1000 years.

I could be wrong. Maybee mother nature will hit the reset switch.

I dont think that earth will be that habitable for humans in 1000 years.

I could be wrong. Maybee mother nature will hit the reset switch.

http://www.physorg.com/news186851208.html

[“These squid don’t have a lot of defenses: they’re small and they’re soft,” he says. “So they use light to protect themselves.”

By producing light on their undersides, says Nyholm, their silhouettes blend in with the moonlight above, making it difficult for predators below, such as fish, seals, and sharks, to see them. In return, the squid provides nutrients and a safe haven to the bacteria.

Each morning, however, as the squid are settling down to sleep, they spit out about 95 percent of the Vibrio bacteria into the surrounding water. Why would the squid effectively rid themselves of a perfectly good defense mechanism?

There are two main reasons, says Nyholm. First, as the bacteria age, they might become toxic to the squid. Secondly, releasing the bacteria bolsters the number of free-living Vibrio, so baby squid have a stock of bacteria to draw from.]

-------------------------------------

Don't hurt ne i just spit up human oldies call grandparents.

My light source is based on money in banks, but not the underbelly or is it.

Auxin i agree about people being people :huh:

Interesting point too Incog - Im sure the Neanderthal man thought himself to be quite a permanent fixture upon the landscape, begs the question of how temporary we are as a culture/civilisation in theory we should be able to last another 200,000 years... if we are smart..

a Millennium is plenty of time to root out that pesky thing known as religion perhaps we will seperate the church and state before the fundamentalist drones suck the life outta everything(even more so) or perhaps some corporation will buy the church and we can get our sermons at maccas or the servo :wub:

hopefully our AI and robotics is up to scratch then we can send them too hoard space minerals for us! :P

A new era, a new mankind? A new civilization? Judging by how we are faring so far.. and by past epochs.. it seems reasonable to think that there will be a downfall of modern man at some stage, what man is today paves the road to the future... its not looking too good.

But maybe just like a flower blooms and dies.. and blooms again when the season comes around again.. so will man ;)

Edited by klip247

One cannot do anything in the past. We exist only in the present.

Oh and I'd be down for my own little planetoid.

putting money in the bank is done in the past to change the future, anything is kinda broad : )

You can put money in the bank, but you have to do it in the present. From a existential viewpoint there is no past or future, I guess that's what I was trying to put across.

A new era for mankind? Maybe but I think/hope that humankind (feminist-friendly term lol) will undergo a period of evolution (36 and 2?), if they do not some other form of life will adapt to overtaking humanity's place at the top of the food chain. Some sort of reptilian superbeing.

gobal government

a shared conciosness that evolves from a mental internet that allows for effective democratic decision making for such a mass population

most animals and plant species dead or domestocated

most of the surfice (and below) of the planet being 1 continuas city, open 24 hours

techonoligy replacing mother nature like airconditioning building

living inside 99 percent of the time ignorant of the suns cycles

3 new colours

farming of genetically modified or evan created bacterias and molds that contain all we need, then proccesed into different tasing and looking products for consumption

genetic modification of all new people for health and productivity reasons

virtual reality entertainment that slows your perception of time allowing for more work time

no privacy or secrets

100 percent recycling, including the dead

baby limits

1 pet limit

psychoactive music or sounds

cell phones with inbuilt microwaves

Our world will look different but our basic needs will be the same. We'll still be thinking about sex, pub on Fridays and discussing what the future will be.

We are a boom & bust species, Its just really hard to see from our tiny perspective.

In a 100 years we will probably be on our way down, again. Like all the fallen civilizations before us.

In 1000 year we will probably be on the way back up, again.