The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

NSW camping trip

Thought we should sort a few things out since the camp is getting closer... :shroomer: Remember there is no mobile reception where we camped last time so it's probably best we all know what's going on ahead of time. In case anyone didn't come last time or missed it in the thread - there is no water where we're heading, so bring more than what you need.

Last time the Sydney convoy left much later than planned meaning we were setting up tents in the dark which isn't ideal. A few pages ago it was suggested we should meet around lunch time at the g-spot from last camp and check out/discuss where to setup camp from there, which I think sounds like a good plan. So what time will we consider 'lunchtime'? Say about 1pm? Are we still planning to camp in the same general area? I just want to make sure we have enough light to get setup properly.

Hilbilly's bringing a chainsaw which is awesome, so do we think there's a need to buy bags of firewood like last time? I think we burned through the wood we had last time far quicker than any of us expected...

Really looking forward to it, haven't seen some of you since last year!

i will be leaving Thursday, so prolly wont be part of the convoy this time. I was thinking we should camp further in when the two dams where. But if we have alot of people it might be a bit cramped for tent space.. If we meet at the g spot around 1pm Friday we can sus it out then.

I dont think we willl need any firewood. ill have a scout around on thursday and collect enough to keep us going.

Ill also bring the bbq a couple of lanterns and a bigish esky if anyone needs to put stuff in it, should be no problem.

I will be arriving at about 3:30pm ish. and to be completely honest I can't remember where the G spot is ( not something completely new to me) I won't have MORG with me giving directions either.

CAn someone send me a Google maps location of the camp site?

Is the new proposed site further down the road from the last site? Where we were walking and hunting?

rain expected for this Saturday and Sunday...

a cold snap from Monday onwards with minimums of 2-3c

Mostly sunny from Monday onwards....

sounds like perfect fruiting weather to me...

But if we have alot of people it might be a bit cramped for tent space..

Could we get an idea of numbers?

I'm # 1!

Hi all,

well this time next week we will be setting up.

will it turn out like survivor?....or Gilligans island....Lost...or Lord of the Flies.

I cant see who will be the first to crack under Chirals scathing dry wit.

Who will be the first evicted?

Just some thoughts in the mean time.

Out of it peeps in the dark and fire...anybody bring a basic first aid kit.

Will we be going Dutch on the tucker...is the spit still an option?

Once we firm up the numbers,we will see......cooking for say 15 takes some planning.

I will set up a cooktop and provide tea and coffee,if everyone just brings a cup.

It will convert to a Whisky Bar at night.

The G spot is a bit exposed to the road,a more private setting would be preferred.

No phone coverage is a worry (says he who doesn't have a mobile)

We will just have to go check for stragglers every few hours I suppose.....and the next day for sat arrivals.

I am #3 and will arrive before time on Fri.

Fingers crossed for the cold snap.

Edited by colhawk

#4 & 5

Which you can either take as me being a fat fucker, or bringing a friend... :unsure:

#6 and mrs Hillbilly #7

Ill also bring a decent first aid kit, BBQ, Esky, Chain saw, genny, spit roast and a big tarp with poles and shiz to set up for a shelter.

Edited by Hillbilly farm boy

#8 here.

I will be coming up Saturday morning, wont be finishing work until 10pm on friday night, still i could come directly after work, so that makes it midnight on friday... will be a bit heckkers finding you all in the dark..

i propose a motion that we set up at the g-spot on friday, then look for a new camp on saturday morning?? the gspot is easy to find so all the stragglers like myself can rest easy on finding you fiends.

can anyone get the google earth map up??

i will bring a first aid kit and whatver firewood i can find, a couple of camp-ovens and as much water as i can carry, as well as some fruit and veg.

as for chiral, i will be bringing my paintball gun (totally awesome hehe) so any cheek out of him will cop a few rounds in his derierre' :wink: nahhh last camping trip was totally awesome, everyone got on really well, i think if everyone makes an effort to leave their egos behind and just you know...get along.. we will replicate the success that was last years camp

i think that anyone who did carry on all 'lord of the flies'esque would stand out like dogs balls hence isolating themselves from the group.

i myself am looking forward to mucho relaxo break and to catch up with old friends.

peace love and reindeer turds,

incognito xxxooo

just an update on my status i will have to be leaving saturday afternoon as i'm house sitting at the moment and have other peoples pets to look after.. can still give a lift up to those i have spoken with but won't be able to give a lift back unless you want to leave on saturday as well...

on that note i'll be trying to get to the camp as early as i can on friday hopefully be there around lunch time...

anyway i'm sure it will still rule as i remember last time the 2nd night everyone was so stuffed and freezing we all went to bed super early anyway.

anyway i'm sure it will still rule as i remember last time the 2nd night everyone was so stuffed and freezing we all went to bed super early anyway

really? i just thought you where all soft ;)

anyway i'm sure it will still rule as i remember last time the 2nd night everyone was so stuffed and freezing we all went to bed super early anyway

really? i just thought you where all soft ;)

so that's where you two got to...ahh hah the picture is all so clear to me now..clap.gif

Me #9, my girlfriend Alice #10, and Tristan (who doesn't post on the forums much) #11.

12# 13# 14# 15# 16# 17#

Myself (taylor)

Tripyamine (Reuben)

Bill (has an acc here and posts but not oftern)

Tash arts friend from uni

and Matt who also has an account

Will endevor to bring a lot of "tea"

^ Was hoping you were just keeping quiet.

Yeah, wasn't sure I could make it until the other day. Oh, the excitement!

So sorry guys, im not going to be able to make it after all :(

:o

Hillbilly!

Hope everything is ok. It won't be the same without you!

*sad face*

You will be missed, dude.

[edit] Vag troubles? :P

Edited by JDanger

So sorry guys, im not going to be able to make it after all :(

Man that's terrible!!! WT's right, won't be the same at all! Really hope you're well, hope it's nothing too horrible keeping you away. :(