The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Nostalgia Thread

yep this is a great thread. it's very exciting to see how many stuff 30-year-old blokes from around the world share as common memories. This is of course a result of early globalisation, but whatever it's worth, it's bringing some folks closer by just remembering these stuffs

^ Are these the ones that you invert and as they correct them self , they launch into the air?. They are still around. Put one on your head and when it goes off ,it feels like you been corked.( the kids got me a beauty).

^ Are these the ones that you invert and as they correct them self , they launch into the air?. They are still around. Put one on your head and when it goes off ,it feels like you been corked.( the kids got me a beauty).

Put one on the ground and watch from directly above as it pops up, oh what fun, but oh what a black eye. I think the reason they were taken off the market.

paradox - I used to have that T-Rex. :wink:

What's the first picture in the second post from?

I got a dragster for my 10th birthday. It was probably the best gift i ever received from my parents. I thought i was so cool.

.post-7430-128783823951_thumb.jpg280709035118_hey-hey-saturday-comeback.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

• Like 3

I could have sworn i posted a reply to Amazonian's last post in this thread about my awsome !metallic copper bronze! dragster, godzilla & 6 million $ man :scratchhead:

^ My Dragster was the Blue metallic. I was mesmerized by the glitter enclosed in the seat. Loved it. Years later though, Dragsters were NOT cool and i converted it to a BMX style bike. What an idiot!. I had the Evel Knievel ( Evil Kenivall?) doll. Unfortunately , i didn't have the motor bike for him but he still managed to take Barbie out on dates.

• Like 1

paradox - I used to have that T-Rex. :wink:

What's the first picture in the second post from?

me too! hehe

the artist is Dan McPharlin. 70's science fiction artist.. i find it interesting how each era seems to have it's own vision of the future.. i wasn't even alive in the 70's but this kind of stuff definitely gets the nostalgia pumping :)

this is a different artist..

angus_mckie_3.png

• Like 1

Oh, okay. Sweet. You know, the name actually rings a bell.

Do you know what the name of the second artist is? He looks like he would have been a big inspiration to George Lucus. :)

As I pulled up to the service station the other day and it was pouring with rain, I remembered back when there were service station attendants. You wouldn't even have to get out of your car, they would put fuel in, check your water and oil and wash your windscreen , then take your payment and bring you back the change. I think they should bring that service back, it would reduce unemployment a bit. Lol.

While I'm at it, .... I remember forever ago when you had to pay 2 cents to use the toilet at Flinders Street Station in Melbourne. It had a coin slot similar to a gum ball machine, put the coin in and turn. I know right, paying to use a public toilet, at least parking was free back then. Lol.

I bet many of you use to watch Kung Fu with David Carradine? I loved that show. Yes Grasshopper .... How cool was that old guy. Lol.

post-7430-0-42694400-1439078097_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 4

i didn't know there was a terrence mckenna figurine

lol i never did noticed....now i cant not notice lol