The Corroboree
Chiral

Guidos...another psuedo culture emerges.

Apparently Guido is a term for a style that is copied from the reality TV show the Gotti's, it has nothing to do with race or ethnicity anymore as thousands of young men and women world wide are adopting this sub or psuedo culture...

guidooftheweek.jpgguidy.jpg

freakshowfriday.jpgmcdonalds1.jpg

sofuckingjacked2.jpgfinalcountdown.jpg

sunsoutgunsout.jpgamsterguidos.jpg

canadian.jpgpersistence.jpg

Did you spot the Dutch Guidos in Amsterdam...?

Edited by Chiral

Fair enough that you don't agree with the lifestyle or whatever but whats the point of creating threads devoted to putting down others?

big breaths.......and feel the love....feels yummy dont it :rolleyes:

Awww come on it's funny...there are some mental subcultures around the world, Guidos just blow me away, they're fascinating.

they're fascinating.

HAHAHA! Aww, i think putting yourself in their mind is what's fascinating. What compelles (sp) a person to dress in that way, style their hair, orange tan and manicured features. I think it's funny coz it's strange. Then a lot of people at ega were funny to me coz they looked strange. But get a person on their own talking to you, we're all the same. Good people, regardless of appearance and ideals etc.

peace

At my last job I worked with this guy who was making himself into a guido, he was spending 300 bucks a week on roids and creatine, he was getting ripped hard every week, at work he was pleasant enough, he was my lacky anyways, what I found bizarre is that he started to do his hair up in the blowout style etc, he drove a rexy and was going clubbing to all the trendy clubs in the cross yeah...he was takin pills flexing his muscles in really tight shirts and spend all night looking to smash in anyones head that looked at him wrong...come to work and tell me how fucking cool it was to do that...I always was completely spellbound by how someone could behave like that.

spending 300 bucks a week on roids and creatine,

the increasing male obsession w/big muscles & 6 packs seems to be just the reverse side ov the female obsession w/being slim & toned.

If you're a man, you'd better act like one

Develop your muscles, use your prick like a gun

i gotta agree with ginganinja, whats the point of this thread? have you forgotten that we're human beings? we're weird fucking monkeys living on a little planet in the middle of a weird fucking universe. we're a diverse bunch & we do weird things... i'm sure half of us here would appear just as fucking weird to half the human race.

chiral bro, i can understand it's pretty humorous but i reckon your tones a little seedy... i just think an entire thread dedicated to ridiculing a subculture of people & warning people that they should be afraid cause they're spreading disease has an off smell to it..

Yeah yeah point taken, perhaps SAB isn't a place where we can have a laugh at ourselves and others...it's not seedy I just find it bizarre, are young people so damn bored and undereducated nowadays that they have to copy the Gottis just to feel like they are part of something. Yeah Yeah each to his own all that PC stuff, I chant the same the same theme too, all I wanted to do was start a topic on subcultures and discuss why, how, where did it start etc etc...fuck it could have been hippies or rednecks or westies. Sure I'm having a laugh at guido's but I'm not singling any individual out for discrimination, just trying to work out why men are becoming obsessed with being ripped, using creatine, roids, and this hardcore craze of pills, no shirts and 3 note techno.

I also wonder of the long term implications of this muscle bound 20 somethings who whack on so much weight so fast etc...that was what this guy I worked with was obsessed about, every other he could come in and say yeah bro, put on another 3 kilos, no cunts gunna mess with me at the clubs, man the dude is scoring roids 1 a week while we are at work, from this guy who looks like he is gunna explode if he has a sip of water...scary scary stuff when you see there body shaped like that, and you know what these girls that drool all over them...what the hell is going on their minds to be involved and want to hang with men like that, I wanna do a doco on these sorts of things...wish I had the initiative. These subcultures are made up out of thin air it seems, well with guido's I'm pretty sure it's the Gotti's and that whole Italian Jersey crew thing, whats interesting is that other young people around the world are seriously adopting the Guido style, man if I was a parent of a young man or woman who was wanting to tell me to fuck off and act and dress like a guido..I wouldn't know what to do.

...fuck it could have been hippies or rednecks or westies.

What about 'niggers'? Replace the word 'guido' with the word 'nigger' in you title and maybe you can see why people think it's more than a little distasteful. Just like 'guido', the word nigger has ambiguity built into it. You can present it as referring to a certain subculture by posting pictures of gangsta rappers and having a laugh at them, but it wouldn't make it any less distasteful.

I don't think you meant to cause offence to anyone, but I think you made an error of judgement in the way you approached this. Besides, this began in a different thread, and I don't think you really brought anything new into it by starting another thread.

Ok, I have edited the opening post in an effort to stop you thinking I'm being distasteful and discriminatory, I'm not.. but the way it was worded was typically bad judgment on my behalf. Appologies if anyone was offended. Now don't you think it's interesting though how every so often youth find something new to adopt, I mean we have had so many over the last 30 years, mods, punks, new romantics, hippies, goths, rockers, emo's, the list goes on and on, perhaps it's because I'm getting older but with every new psudeo youth culture that emerges I wonder why...I guess when I was 16 to 25 and walking around dressed in mohawk, tartan pants and shitkicking boots on people in their 40-50's etc where cringing, hated it, felt intimidated and wondered why..?

Not that I'm scared of this new culture, but I find it to be the most shallow of any of the youth cultures to emerge over the last 30 years, most in the past have been about rebellion, the music, freedom, politics, change, the environment etc etc...Once a psuedo culture emerges they usually stay around forever and go through many revivals, I'm wondering if Guidoism will simply slot in as just another psudeo culture.

One thing I have discovered about Guidoism is that the girls around these men have been largely and secretly responsible for encouraging these men to look more like women than men...whats up with that, seriously they have so much power as to convince a man that he is better with lip gloss, pouting lips at cameras and makeup. It's almost like this movement is the beginning of amorphous androgonsism, or a-sexualty. The girls are encouraging the use of roids so these guys have rippling muscles they can cling onto, at the same time shrinking their doodles, is this what these women want..?

A lot of the condescending comments around the net focus on calling these guys gay, but that's completely being homophobic and naive, I think it's men getting into looking as good as they possibly can simply for the girls they party with, so it's nothing to do with being gay, but it is creepy to me that these women see having a man look more like a women as appealing.

weirdo.jpgguidos-look-like-women.jpg

Edited by Chiral

too much Sonic the Hedgehog as kids perhaps?

This thread reminded me of a video I saw a while back.

Check out this twat.

Simply young fools trying to look "cool".

Pretty stupid and relatively common, only funny from the correct (?) vantage-point.

In my youth I was a skinhead. And if I looked back at pics taken of me then, many would appear just as stupid , but that's how it goes growing up. Most especially when your conforming to a 'non-conformist' look (well, I'd like to think a bit less stupid-definitely never felt that).

The real problem (if any exists at all) is that often these encourage behaviour that is far less than socially acceptable. Bashing wogs or poofs was seen as good sport by most of my friends in my early days (although neither was actually much fun for me).

Young blokes in a crowd and shit will happen. Tits or wheels and it'll cost 'ya. These are 'givens' in life.

Unfortunately, re the young blokes, not a lot can be done that I'm aware of.

ed

Edited by reshroomED

Hehe, what's with the lip thing? hehe

Young Italians are a group unto themselves. They're normal enough when young, likeable even but when their testicles drop. :rolleyes:

Hey, I went to a catholic school alright? I know!