The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
matriarch

Anyone else into hypnosis too?

Just interested in finding out if anyone on here is into or does hypnosis as well?

If been reading and studying at home for quite some time and the things that can be achieved through hypnosis are quite extraordinary and also can be quite fun.

Some of the things I found out when studying include:

- The amazing ability for one to heal themselves through hypnosis and self hypnosis compared to taking drugs etc

- The awesome power of one to travel through their mind

- Think it's pretty cool that with regular training one can teach their mind to be better i.e. ask to remember dreams, set your internal clock to wake you whenever, remember past memories etc

- The increase in senses one can achieve with deep hypnosis (somnambulism) i.e. being able to tell what picture a person is looking at by viewing the reflection in their eyes, memorising chapters of books for study...

- Anesthetic - can be hypnotised to feel no pain for drugless surgery etc.

- Training yourself to become a better person i.e. setting goals, fixing flaws

- Fun and games you can play with willing and trusting mates.

- Relaxation

- Becoming a better lover i.e. helping partner to achieve one hour orgasm, tantric stuff, advanced shit so hectic ha ha

- So much chances are hypnosis can help in some way

I found it quite interesting that there is this whole kind of 'battle' between traditional psychology a hypnotherapy as they and that there is a constant use of propaganda and smearing to disgrace hypnosis (otherwise it would be more widely accepted and used) - very similar to mind opening plants etc, I think in a way they on the same level in what they can achieve.

My first use of hypnosis was a fair while ago when I did some exercises with stinkmeat and kind of took him on a journey in his mind to test some theories and stuff, some of it didn't work cause i didn't plan it well and lacked mainly confidence but some of it did and stinkmeat said it was strange and unusual and a fairly pleasant experience overall.

I am happy to say now that I am definitely better and more confident in my practices yet still urge to get better.

I am now waiting till I get into another relationship with a girl(obviously trust and an understanding of each other is important) so I can put some of the newer stuff into practice...

I would love to here if others practice or have had any encounters and experience with hypnosis etc

I will say one more thing if anyone is skeptical they should definitely put aside their reservations and actually have a read of media on the internet in support of hypnosis and decide for themselves. :)

I am interested in this, i read a book about it last year but it didn't work for me, the book was really old though and lissing pages, maybe it was missing vital pages! Can you recommend any books or sites? I'm mopre interested in learning the fun things, like with mates, but any info would be good. I would love to able to do the stuff derren brown (is that his name, the famous NLP/hypnosis guy?) does. NOt for malicious personal gain, but it would be a pretty cool party trick.

Yes Derren Brown combines a mixture of hypnosis, magic and mentalism for great effect. Most of the things he does I've seen are developed on hypnosis theories and routines etc.

Derren Brown actually has a few books out and if you search around online, you can find a few PDF's of his books and explanations of some of his routines and stuff which are good, but unless you understand the basics of hypnosis and what it is it will probably pretty hard to learn so I suggest going to the library (Initailly reading some actual books will give you an understanding of hypnosis which will help you weed through alot of the shit on the internet to find the good stuff) or looking online. I found a PDF called 'Hypnosis for beginngers' online which was pretty good and gave some basic exercises etc.

Also even if this is just for use with mates and stuff have a look at the other applications and history of hypnosis as it will help you open your eyes to the possibilities of what is possible with it.

And remember the most important fact: Absolute confidence is the most important ingredient!

Edited by matriarch

Lots of synchronicities with overlapping themes have been bubbling away of late. Hypnotism and reality tunnels are one recurrent theme, so it's cool to see this thread.

I'm just getting through reading Monsters And Magical Sticks, There's no such thing as hypnosis?. Steven Heller, Ph.D. & Terry Steele, 1987.

Decent little read, with intro by Robert Anton Wilson who has a nice way with words, this entire book is very easy to follow. It is a metaphor of metaphors, a pattern of patterns. It flows very nicely and highly recommended.

I'm just a begginner so I'm not sure if this will help with advanced techniques but it helps one see whats going on, or get a grasp on things, or at least let you hear what i'm saying.

NLP is, I think, extremely powerful as it is combining hypnosis, counselling and various techniques into one. I particularly like the power of linguistics and use them with my children everyday. Tone, pitch and choice of words are keys to sucessful hypnosis.

There are a a few Bandler torrents which are very educational. I liked the "30 years of NLP". It showed that just like you said matriarch, confidence is everything!

I have found there to be two different stems of NLP. There is the one business orientated line which is all about how to make more money and there is another which is about helping yourself and others. There is a full 2 week training course which has been filmed from the back of a classroom in colorado (about 24gig) as a torrent if you are interested. (Its legal because there are no copyright restrictions attached!!)

I agree educate, I also love NLP and that fact that one can achieve and help others achieve totally different outcomes through the changing of a few words, phrases, and tones etc pretty cool stuff. I'd like to take a look at that torrent but unfortunately my internet is pretty shit at the moment until I upgrade.

Life is but a dream,we're under social hypnosis everyday...doing it now dammit! :wink:

Ever bought something you didn't need only to find out an hour or more later?

Ever thought how did I get from X to Y safely when I don't remember seeing this sign or house?...Highway Hypnosis.

The Hypnagogic state tho,is like sleep state,awake state etc so basically just another state of mind...somewhere between awake and asleep.

Some people are dicks and love to BE hypnotised and made to do funny things...no can do!,it's you who are willingly falling into the state,just being guided.Tricksters know how to weed out the hard heads too!

If your talking Hypnosis for healing,insight or relaxation then it's a different ball game....same mechanism and wave state tho.

Simple and effective 20 min guided meditation recordings are all you need to experience this wonderful underused mind-state.

Download some and try them,if nothing happens then repeat or use another one,eventually you'll get over yourself and bang you're there...it's no different to meditation realistically.VERY HEALTHY Too B)

Excellent tool to relax the mind/body for Anxiety conditions,add re-enforcing messages in the second phase and use as much as possible...(mesc thanks his Psych)

There are many discussions on this site about this topic too FYI :wink:

Yes Derren Brown combines a mixture of hypnosis, magic and mentalism for great effect. Most of the things he does I've seen are developed on hypnosis theories and routines etc.

Derren Brown actually has a few books out and if you search around online, you can find a few PDF's of his books and explanations of some of his routines and stuff which are good, but unless you understand the basics of hypnosis and what it is it will probably pretty hard to learn so I suggest going to the library (Initailly reading some actual books will give you an understanding of hypnosis which will help you weed through alot of the shit on the internet to find the good stuff) or looking online. I found a PDF called 'Hypnosis for beginngers' online which was pretty good and gave some basic exercises etc.

Also even if this is just for use with mates and stuff have a look at the other applications and history of hypnosis as it will help you open your eyes to the possibilities of what is possible with it.

And remember the most important fact: Absolute confidence is the most important ingredient!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...hod-Friday.html

Youtube's got vids of him too.

Its true that hypnosis can be viewed in everyday life as its just stated by Mescalito. We are in differing states of trance all the time and hypnosis is basically another trance state - a deep state of relaxation as seen when we travel a regularly traveled path and on arrival wonder 'How we got here' or when we are looking for a pen that is sitting right in front of us (negative hallucination).

Everyone can be hypnotised and as mescalito stated previously, everyone has been hypnotised (hypnosis is that state just before you wake up and go to sleep - where you are aware of things but not really there)

People should have a look at the work of Milton Erikson who really developed modern hypnosis and has some really good works out.

I'd be interested to see if hypnosis could be combined with psychedelics, I imagine there are some pathways in there that are just waiting to be explored.

Most probably possible depending on the state of the person etc- so many possibilities that I would like to explore there. For examples one can make the other give the person a keyword to regress to that psychedelic state at any time, or could make time seem longer for the person under the influence etc so much should do a brainstorming session some time and come up with some exercises to try ha ha

yeah i love hypnosis and listen to as much as possible, courses, nlp, self improvement, as much as my mind can handle,

yeah i love hypnosis and listen to as much as possible, courses, nlp, self improvement, as much as my mind can handle,

Haa haa, I like that. As much as the mind can handle!

So true. Another different type that I am listening to right now is the hemi-sync binaural beats. They are set to guided meditation/self-help-kind of hypnosis. I have taken a break over the past two days because my brain can't handle anymore!

yeah holosync and hemi sync are great, i used to find about 1 week at a time was enough then had to take a step back so my brain could catch up, then dive right back into it.

Ive enjoyed using several self hypnosis tapes and CD’s. They are really great when you’re stressed or mind racing when going to bed. The best one I had was some hypno-astrology tape I got years ago. A calm voiced guy would firstly take you through all these breathing exercises and then implant positive suggestions like ‘you are a child of the universe and have a right to love yourself deeply…any part of your body that is not well will be healed…imagine a violet light warming your body…you feel light and floating…imagine a time when you were a child and everything was joyful’ etc etc.

I have another CD by Andrew Weil which is also good. It feels like you can’t move your body (and your so relaxed you don’t want to) but you are conscious, and extremely relaxed, throughout. Id like to confront these guys like Criss Angel just to see if they really can knock people out in a matter of seconds.

look up zap by hon wong he puts people under in a matter of seconds, very interesting anything is possible.