The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Our mind bending universe.

Yeah not a bad pic at all :)

cool photo, thanks mate :)

Nice one thats pretty cool...a humbling reminder of how small we are here on earth in this narrow slice of time.

Damn that was fuggen way cool....yeah we are such a small spec in the greater scheme...does you head in soooo much...think about this...you work a meaningless job and have hardly any friends cause your lazy and you smoke and drink and die from your dull jobs physical needs...and all that out there in those galaxies awaits us for exploration...just doesn't seem right that we live like we do, when we all as humans could be doing so much more to enlighten and increase our knowledge about whats out there.

H.

Thanks for posting Dale. Inspired many hours of thinking!

cheers

Seen that image before but thanks for reposting. It's quite amazing.. and who knows what else is out there!

our sun is always referred to as a medium star so i didn't realise exactly how much bigger stars can get. it's a minuscule speck next to the largest known star.

The concept of zero I think is impossible.

A philosopical concept that university pupils have a habit of embracing as some sort of scientific philosophical objectivity that gets hungup [Do I have selfwill or just genetic/social production.

A better outlook would be even as was philosphical math a infinitely subdividing single math point philosophy and math science.

Duality might be confused with monality.

So both are true.

Like Soloman dividing the baby, a not living baby if one just looks the two seperate parts.

You know when you try to comprehend the size and vastness of the universe and it ends up physically hurting you brain?.....:lol:

....this will just about do it.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2706/spaceb.jpg (BIG image, may have to zoom in and wait)

That is one of my all-time favourite things to contemplate during an introspective trip. Imagining your body fly upside-down backwards through space as if it were an arc on graph paper come to life is pretty. effing. intense. And because I read/look/watch a lot of Universe pictures/shows all those stunning images of galaxies, nebulae, supernovae etc all make a cameo. Some of the best hours of my life.

'In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.'

- Douglas Adams

'In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.'

- Douglas Adams

Haha.. true and weird story, open for discusion..

I know a guy who was approached by an elder of the hebrew kaballah or something. He was asked to help destroy the magical spell that was christianity- ( a single God that sought to replace the archetypal truths of our universe) He got to hold one of the first bibles ever written..

Anyhow.. it has been suggested to me, that this was the very beginning parenthesis of the majikal spell: "in the beginning"

WTF? The biggest illusion and paradox is that there could be a beginning ! We presuppose our own 'relative' doom and limited thinking within the very first sentence of that ridiculous metaphor.

The universe never started, nor will it end.

Weird shit, hey :) hahaha.

Anyone seen those infrared NASA pictures of the earliest photo of the Universe? A uniform vaguely egg-shaped thing? Apparently it's putting a bit of a kibosh on the whole big bang theory because an explosion would apparently never leave matter in such a shape after the initial "bang".

I find the possibility of an infinite series of universes within themself utterly fascinating. And the best part is that we'll never know. Imagine if suddenly we knew all the answers? Pretty damn boring IMO. Nothing new to learn or hope for.

Anyone seen those infrared NASA pictures of the earliest photo of the Universe? A uniform vaguely egg-shaped thing? Apparently it's putting a bit of a kibosh on the whole big bang theory because an explosion would apparently never leave matter in such a shape after the initial "bang".

I find the possibility of an infinite series of universes within themself utterly fascinating. And the best part is that we'll never know. Imagine if suddenly we knew all the answers? Pretty damn boring IMO. Nothing new to learn or hope for.

Exactly. It's like a dog understands everything about chasing cats and trajectories of thrown tennis balls etc but could never understand the complexity of it's human owners... We have vastly complex brains but there is nothing to say our brain matches or could fully understand the complexity of the universe.

Exactly. It's like a dog understands everything about chasing cats and trajectories of thrown tennis balls etc but could never understand the complexity of it's human owners... We have vastly complex brains but there is nothing to say our brain matches or could fully understand the complexity of the universe.