The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

plants of the gods

well, how much would it be worth? I found it and bought it in bookstore the other day for $1

Nice find! Amazon has it for $12 used or $20 (all USD), unless the first edition is worth significantly more? There's a "collectible edition" listed for $275 but I have no idea what's special about it...

(just an insomiac's ravings)

Edited by Alchemica

hard or soft cover?

as an ethno source it seems a nice coffee table book.i'd like a copy but if i was buying something for research it would more likely be raetsch or ott until snu's book is available.....

any update on snu's book?

i need snu's book,lol!

t s t .

i've seen it available new in some book shops. never any cheaper than $65... that's an awesome find for a dollar. i'll buy it off you for double if you want to make a 100% profit? ;)

This was my first Ethno book...I bought it in Amsterdam in 1995 and it cost around 50 pounds...my ex missus has it now...dunno how she swung that or most of the stuff I don't have anymore...talk about clean me out...Holy Mountain bids 2 bucks I bid 3...thats 200% profit ... B)

H.

is it plants of the gods or food of the gods... By Terrance Mcenna and yes I am a shit speller.

Softcover or hardcover?

(lol, i must be tired, tantra has already asked)

Well done with the purchase. $1 WOW.

B)

Edited by obtuse

ill give you 50c for it...

is it plants of the gods or food of the gods... By Terrance Mcenna and yes I am a shit speller.

Yes, I am curious about that too.

Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution by Terence McKenna or

Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers by Richard Evans Schultes, Albert Hofmann, and Christian Rätsch

Peace

if its the latter the first edition will not be by ratsch who i believe updated the latest edition.

picky,picky

t s t .

1ts ed is a bit outdated, but still a collectors item for the hardcore plant nut. The more recent edition is edited by raetsch.

Check the inside cover.... if it is signed by an author it could be worth a bit ;)

I have "Ethnobotany" by Richard Evans Schultes (R.E.S.)... it's a must have for anybody interested in ethnobotany! It's like the tome of ethnobotanicals!