The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
hipeboy

Spreading the Sub love

Hi,

Am i correct in thinking Subs can be inocullated onto bird seed and then spread the sead into local parks garden beds with the right conditions.

Please i encourage those that can to spread the love and create new patched in the cities towns, we are getting closer and closer to 2012 so lets use all the tools we have to ensure more and more people get what is happening. and get a glimpse of the big picture and realities that arent talked about.

Love and light and joy

Hi,

Am i correct in thinking Subs can be inocullated onto bird seed and then spread the sead into local parks garden beds with the right conditions.

Please i encourage those that can to spread the love and create new patched in the cities towns, we are getting closer and closer to 2012 so lets use all the tools we have to ensure more and more people get what is happening. and get a glimpse of the big picture and realities that arent talked about.

Love and light and joy

what IS happening?

what IS happening?

Turn on, Tune in, Step up.

The times they are a changing.

its the milennium bug 12 years too late! the quacks werent wrong, just a little out of date :lol: ahahahah

Hi,

i think you are correct. i've not done it myself but have read similar methods. if memory serves me correct you might have to wait a year before the patch fruits and care will have to be taken to ensure the beds recvieve enough moisture throughout the summer to stop them drying out. but like you said if you pick somewhere with the right conditions nature should be able to take care of the rest.

also possible to put some mycelium between some damp corrugated cardboard. keep it damp and in a couple of months it should fully cover the cardboard. this can then be buried or a piece of the cardboard can be added to another bit of carboard and the process repeated. if everyone had a go at doing that this season burying a bit of cardboard each we'd see hundreds of new patches pop up next year... i recommend reading 'mycelium running' by paul stamets i just recently got it from amazon.com and it is amazing. full of easy, ridiculously cheap ideas for spreading mycelium around.

oh and fenris: 'turn on, tune in, step up' that is awesome. always had a problem with the drop out aspect of leary's slogan. no wonder they blew it. step up indeed.

Thanks for the info,

does anyone know the temp at which subs mycel runs at...ie inoculation temp for subs?

Yeah i like it to

Turn on, Tune in, Step up

we are getting closer and closer to 2012 so lets use all the tools we have to ensure more and more people get what is happening.

the mayan's were right???

oh and fenris: 'turn on, tune in, step up' that is awesome. always had a problem with the drop out aspect of leary's slogan. no wonder they blew it. step up indeed.

Ah yeah, get a haircut, get a real job, get with the program. :puke:

apparently wood chips / coarse mulch are good mediums too, although can be a little slow to start.

you could also try sprinkling some spawn on a hessian sack and rolling it up. when its sufficiently colonised unroll and cover with wood chips in a garden bed

I've found it hard to find anywhere that will stay moist enough year round to continue growing and fruiting.

Most public gardens go too light on the woodchips.

Foaf turned to the geurilla innoculation of private gardens..

And, creating deeper patches of well colonised chips near storm water drains and areas with a greater likelihood of moisture.

layered straw and chips also seems to help in retaining moisture throughout drier periods.

what? about sacrificing innocent children to pay homage to their own egos?

SWIM experimented with growing myc on hessian (from a piece of myc) and it seemed to grow all year round. It just needed to be kept moist.

what? about sacrificing innocent children to pay homage to their own egos?

Now now...you can't go around criticizing all other cultures new or old and their ways...witches where once burned at the stake remember.

H.

Well those of you that are lucky enough to have smoked pixie dust know there something big going on

Lets look at psy, substances, DMT in the body and in nature, put there on purpose as part of the devine plan????

your own adventures in this space will give you your own truth.

2012 is apparently when the timewave pauses, and we come inline astrologicially with the galatic centre and those shaman out there will soon learn how to attune to the timewave pause, and once outside time, well that when the fun starts.

if you want to learn how to attune to outside timewave, nivarna quartz hold the frequency that can help

then going forward and back in time creating stuff is fun.

I do encourage all those that can to keep spreading sub love where ever as part of universal service, while your at it rengade planting of wattles. :).

Nirvana quartz?

Have you found many eligible spots in Canberra to spread sub love?

I cant find anywhere that will foster year round growth.

About those wattles? Will the suckers re-root if placed in rooting hormone?

Suckers with a bit of the root may be easier than cuttings. Acacia cuttings vary in their ability to root amongst the different species. Check out Rev's post in that thread. So while considered difficult it can definately be done in the case of some species.

Nirvana quartz?

Have you found many eligible spots in Canberra to spread sub love?

I cant find anywhere that will foster year round growth.

About those wattles? Will the suckers re-root if placed in rooting hormone?

Year round growth of subs will not occur because they need very cold conditions to fruit..that's why they are only found in the wild in Winter.

H.

Year round growth of subs will not occur because they need very cold conditions to fruit..that's why they are only found in the wild in Winter.

H.

Growth and fruiting are obviously 2 different things..

My concern is innoculating areas that will indeed fruit within the several colder months of the year, but not retain 'life' and mycelial growth until the next fruiting stage.

There seems to be many points to consider.

With the wattles..

I've found exposed roots.. that have several new 'trees' growing upwards from the root.

I wonder if that main root, including the new suckers could be cut and immersed in some kind of growing medium or a synthetic rooting hormone.

Ok, sweet. Well, my question related to a Maidenii so after checking that other thread it looks like a goer.

Thanks heaps guys!

I'll post photos of my methods within the week :)

Edited by G*P

Fruiting with subs can be unpredictable. Inoculation of as many different wooded areas can be more fruitful. :P

In some patches, they might fruit one year, and then not be seen at all in the next few. While other patches fruit consistently each year.

It might be a bit late to inoculate to expect fruit this season though, what do you think?

I have a hunch that this year will be a good year! :lol:

I've seen them sporulate within the same season and then fruit from as little as one stray leaf in the gutter when conditions are right.

Perhaps with some beefy mycelium stew, they'd grab a quick hold of wherever you put them. Not sure.

I do hope it will be a good season.