The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
blip

I think next door is ripping off my plants?!

Edited by lsdreamz

:rolleyes: lol lsdreamz! Never had something like that but its very likely that somebody stole your plants! Animals rarely take the whole pot to their Cave! But it could also be some other guy from your neighbourhood! Iit would be pretty ballsy if it really were your next door neigbours! How about getting a lovely pitbull and a fence? It looks a little bit unfriendly but someone who steals once, will do it again! And thats really a fucked up feeling! bye Eg

Edited by lsdreamz

Many Asians are very good with Herbs and Plants! But there are also a lot that dont care! What about a nice small hidden Camera that is directed at your garden? It did the same once when some old neigbour continously broke in my appartment to steal cigarettes and booze! When i had him on tape, it was no deal to make a trap for him! It was the last time he broke in! bye Eg

Edited by lsdreamz

What about a nice small hidden Camera that is directed at your garden?

That's the go, gotta catch whoever it is in the act

lol why don't you just go mention that some plants have gone missing, and ask if they might have seen anyone acting suspiciously?.. "demonstrating" your trust in them, and valuing their opinions/observations.

ahhh paranoia .. wonderful :lol:

if you bring it up in this way, and it's really them, *maybe* they'll cut it out.....they see: your concern/love for you plants, that you trust them, that you value them.

that's gotta be enough to deter all but the most determined next-door thief ?? :)

maybe as you leave you can even comment on how you've noticed how much they also seem to love their plants and respect how their yard looks, that you like their collection / how it all looks, and then offer them something :)

just be smart..don't get prematurely paranoid and make yourself crazy

what you're saying is that 2 years ago(!) something went missing, and now one other thing....and now installing cameras? c'mon...

Edited by coin

lol why don't you just go mention that some plants have gone missing, and ask if they might have seen anyone acting suspiciously?.. "demonstrating" your trust in them, and valuing their opinions/observations.

ahhh paranoia .. wonderful :lol:

if you bring it up in this way, and it's really them, *maybe* they'll cut it out.....they see: your concern/love for you plants, that you trust them, that you value them.

that's gotta be enough to deter all but the most determined next-door thief ?? :)

maybe as you leave you can even comment on how you've noticed how much they also seem to love their plants and respect how their yard looks, that you like their collection / how it all looks, and then offer them something :)

just be smart..don't get prematurely paranoid and make yourself crazy

what you're saying is that 2 years ago(!) something went missing, and now one other thing....and now installing cameras? c'mon...

A very wise cat once said.....

Edited by lsdreamz

Congrats on the Avatar change... :P looks good...no so scary.

H.

A single problem,conflation of neighbours with unknown.

Solutions,

Erect boundary using short posts with dangling chains between them,must be exact to the deeds.

Remove all unusual plants from view to deter opportunistic thieves.

An ornamental fence does not disturb your neighbours vista but it does delineate the boundaries.

Other options include the creation of a rockery in the mangled area.

Edited by Garbage

maybee think about dodgy friends that u may have pointed out ur plats to and explained their potential.

ive learned to keep things about my plants to myself.

exactly -- i find it a bit hard to believe that they'd have some special interest in, and knowledge about, your unusual plants :-)

why would they take a tray of seedlings, for example, ?? why would they choose seedlings over some single, larger more attractive plant...seems like a bit of an irrational assumption

you're not ingesting some big tray of paranoia-inducing plants yourself are you? :wink:

Dude if that asian stole your Khat.... kick his fucking ass.

I'd go over and ask them if they noticed if anybody has stolen any of their plants... and tell them that a few of yours are stolen and that your REALLY FUCKING MAD and plan to pour gasoline on a sack of kittens (or sack of asians) if you don't get your plants soon!

(*Edit- This is a joke. No asians or kittens were hurt in the makng of this post*)

Edited by Teotz'

Just so everyone knows im not saying BECAUSE they are asian they are rude and steal my plants ... hell no lol what im saying is that my NEIGHBOURS are rude.. have perfect view and all the oppurtunity in the world to sneak around.

then why did you mention they were asian in the first place? If they were anglo you wouldn't have told us so.

I have had several plants badly damaged in some very mysterious ways before, that couldn't have possibly been an act of nature. i put it down to the goblins that live under my house.

Dude if that asian stole your Khat.... kick his fucking ass.

I'd go over and ask them if they noticed if anybody has stolen any of their plants... and tell them that a few of yours are stolen and that your REALLY FUCKING MAD and plan to pour gasoline on a sack of kittens (or sack of asians) if you don't get your plants soon!

damn. these boards really are going to shit aren't they *sigh*

Agreed with Paradox.

Can we put this in the "Bitch ditch" now?

Teotz? What the fuck man? Self-professed herbal master is getting all racist jock now? You've made a ton of shit-house posts in your brief time but that one takes the cake. In fact, I think you should use it as your signature so everyone can be reminded of who you are with every post you make.

And LSDreamz... two pots in two years? Seedlings? You've lost nothing. Most people lose far more than that every year to possums, snails and the elements. It's gardening. Grow more plants. It's life. Get over it.

this racism trend needs to be culled quickly.

edit-so fuken what they dont speak english, have u made any attempt to learn their language so that u can communicate more effectively?

grow the fuck up man, eat some mushrooms.

thanks for the fine example of ignorance that pervades the australian psyche.

Edited by incognito

Edited by lsdreamz

how about 'i live next to human beings'?

why the need to isolate?

Edited by incognito

lsddream, sorry to offend you so badly. but can you see my point... i know its hard not to make a generalised comment like 'the asians next door' and you probably didnt mean anything by it. but like i said if they were white australian (or white american, i dont know where you live) then you wouldnt have said 'the whites next door' you would have simply said the 'people next door'.

some of the other responses are obviously very racist, and i didnt used to think this was a website that had that soprt of opinion on society when i used to lurk here a bit.

b.loco this is a community of individuals, and these ideologies will always be raised, but they soon come to pass, usually with the onset of a strong psilocybin trip, which i advise everyone to do VERY soon!!

my post was more directed at teotz and his 'set a bag of asians on fire line,

but to me there has been an element of racism which has reared its putrid head here, and i hafta point the finger at baph, it just stinks of it, and i hate to say it it seems to have polluted the place a bit,, from my perspective, which is more than likely wrong, but as baph says its my gut instinct. dont ask me to prove anything baph ur posts usually make me feel queezy by the second line, u have some good thought provoking points but the bottom line for me is that it reeks of bile 99% of the time.

Edited by incognito

b.loco this is a community of individuals, and these ideologies will always be raised, but they soon come to pass, usually with the onset of a strong psilocybin trip, which i advise everyone to do VERY soon!!

my post was more directed at teotz and his 'set a bag of asians on fire line,

but to me there has been an element of racism which has reared its putrid head here, and i hafta point the finger at baph, it just stinks of it, and i hate to say it it seems to have polluted the place a bit,, from my perspective, which is more than likely wrong, but as baph says its my gut instinct. dont ask me to prove anything baph ur posts usually make me feel queezy by the second line, u have some good thought provoking points but the bottom line for me is that it reeks of bile 99% of the time.

tisk tisk tisk...thats very naughty Mr Nito...

H

Ive just a had a herb plant stolen from my yard, I know it was the neighbour, now ive just gotta work out how to execute revenge. Smelly fish scattered around his yard comes to mind....