The Corroboree
t st tantra

secrets of lilly and lotus

i agree with friendly,i have yet to encounter a lilly or lotus i couldnt get a psychoactive effect from.and somewhat differing effects with different ones.

t s t .

Conan: What you have appears to be a Nelumbo and not a Nymphaea. Nelumbo has the rounded flower petals while Nymphaea usually has pointed ones. If the seed pod looks like an inverted shower head, it's Nelumbo.

Alkaloidal tastes are normal for both Nymphaea and Nelumbo, and many species and hybrids have not yet been bioassayed.

Most Nymphaea species I am familiar with and which have been bio-assayed, turned out to be active to varying degrees. :drool2:

Mmmmmm Nelumbo u think? Im aware of the shower head shaped pods but havent seen one as yet....it is a hybrid tho and the flowers are bore at water level??

anyway will dry the petals for smoking and bioassay as comparable to blue lily and also should be able to identify any opioid like components if present...

this thread has gotton me keen. what you folks recommend as a dosage for tea?? i am currently simmering about 12 flowers, blue (not sure if nymph or nub, although packet say nymph) can one have too larger dose of this stuff? also, what sort of duration should I expect from such an experience? thanks! :)

Edited by XipeTotec

i'm curious aswell :drool2: keep us updated...

I usually consider about 20 grams to the liter to be adequate if using dried flowers that have been soaked overnight. Soaking in fruit juice works almost as well as soaking in alcohol. I use 3.5 grams of Blue Lily 5x in 750 ml of juice soaked for 4 or more hours and drink one cup. A larger quantity of flowers or extract (or consumption) might make you dizzy and nauseous, but that varies from species to species and from person to person. The Egyptians were great consumers of large quantities of Blue Lily wine when partying, as depicted in many ancient paintings

I will do an image check on that ID. I was going by the visual clue from the shape of the flower petals. They looked like Lotus to me.

I usually consider about 20 grams to the liter to be adequate if using dried flowers that have been soaked overnight. Soaking in fruit juice works almost as well as soaking in alcohol. I use 3.5 grams of Blue Lily 5x in 750 ml of juice soaked for 4 or more hours and drink one cup. A larger quantity of flowers or extract (or consumption) might make you dizzy and nauseous, but that varies from species to species and from person to person. The Egyptians were great consumers of large quantities of Blue Lily wine when partying, as depicted in many ancient paintings

I will do an image check on that ID. I was going by the visual clue from the shape of the flower petals. They looked like Lotus to me.

wat in particular does the lily have synergism with smoking or oral?

20g per person and only drink one cup??

You really attest the water xtract is as strong etoh?, after 24hs soaking??..most info says need to be steeped in etoh for atleast 1month?? Does the time make nay dif to potency?? goodies must be very easily extractable ey....mite do warm vodka compared to warm water 24hr steep, or maybe etoh is simply enhancing effects and not adding extraction?

Im fried sorry back to bed :slap:

The lily 5x is already concentrated (having used ethanol as the extraction solvent) and the actives go into solution quite readily, as opposed to the flowers which should be soaked in wine at least overnight. This is not to say one cannot steep longer. The Egyptians certainly did. Alcohol definitely enhances the extraction and adds to the effects.

8 Hours works fine for wine, juice and water, however, if one feels pressed for time.

3 grams of the 5x in 3 cups juice = 5 grams of lily flower per cup. You can always drink more if you like, but the actives can cause nausea and other unpleasantness if consumed 'to excess'. Just what that constitutes is up to you to decide.

I am perhaps more sensitive to the effects due to long time use, but 2 people who split a cup on Maui when I was there for a BPC conference came back the next day and raved about it.

I'm not quite sure what your synergy question is asking.

Edited by friendly

smoked 3 waterpipes of the Nymphaea hybrid mentioned earlier (petels only) 3+hrs after ingesting approx 6g's of whole Blue Lily herbage and a small daily dose of Xanax (w/GF juice)...very smooth smoke easy to hold in...the small amount taken seemed to enhance and smooth out the exp of the previously taken Lily...

also like to note that Grapefruit juice may have some interactions with Lily/Lotus alks...hence the smoothing effect as the 6g dose of Lily seemed a lot more 'rough' than usual..

will look into any CYP450 interaction... :bong:

last two nights I brewed seperate teas of the above mentioned herb. Each time approx 12 flowers used, although I believe second night was a stronger brew. boiled each tea down to about 1 cup, and mixed 3 teaspoons of sugar into tea. I refrigerated, and mixed like cordial with lemonade (This tasted very pleasant!) The first night i felt slightly more relaxed (i also smoked a cig rolled from dried boiled material) I also felt a little light headed. The second night, I did feel some light headiness sort of feeling, and some relaxation, again, pretty mild. duration each time was probably about 1-1 1/2 hours. Compared to friendlies 20 g does, i imagine this was quite low dose (i only have kitchen scales, so I didnt bother to weigh) I found it pretty subtle, but defiantly had some effect, but not something I would write home about (although I do write here, in the interest of science :) ). I would like to experiment with a larger dose perhaps.

Edited by XipeTotec

last two nights I brewed seperate teas of the above mentioned herb. Each time approx 12 flowers used, although I believe second night was a stronger brew. boiled each tea down to about 1 cup, and mixed 3 teaspoons of sugar into tea. I refrigerated, and mixed like cordial with lemonade (This tasted very pleasant!)

awesome idea xipe! ill haftatry that!

as already said Xipe alcohol changes the effects quite substantially I dont think I will bother will oral ingestion without booze again..unless thru pyrolisation

EDIT* 10-15g is standard oral dose

Edited by Conan Troutman

as already said Xipe alcohol changes the effects quite substantially I dont think I will bother will oral ingestion without booze again..unless thru pyrolisation

EDIT* 10-15g is standard oral dose

do u mean as an alcohol extract... or infusion?? being a tea totaler it eliminates the infusion option. :(

On the CYP450 interactions...

after a lazy search it seems at least Apomorphine isnt metabolised by CYP450 enzymes but rather by glucuronidation, there is the potential for some NNRTIs to induce. In the absence of data caution is still suggested. Still much more alks interactions too investigate...

also to my surprise Apomorphine is listed as Erectile Dysfunctional Agent..well not that surprising really :blush:

Edited by Conan Troutman

when we first started working with water lillies we discovered better effects with a synergizer, usually canabis or alcohol.i think the alcohol is not just a solvent/vehicle.

there must be other catalysts[maois?]?

maybe adding something else to the lilly tea will give better effects?maybe look in the spice cabinet,nutmeg etc.?

t s t .

do u mean as an alcohol extract... or infusion?? being a tea totaler it eliminates the infusion option. :(

what is a tea totaler?

also like to add some blushing of face is noticed with hybrid smoke but also wasn't anywhere as fragrant as the Blue variety

when we first started working with water lillies we discovered better effects with a synergizer, usually canabis or alcohol.i think the alcohol is not just a solvent/vehicle.

there must be other catalysts[maois?]?

maybe adding something else to the lilly tea will give better effects?maybe look in the spice cabinet,nutmeg etc.?

t s t .

on that... I think first port of call should be GABAgerics, theyre may be some interesting synergy...lemon balm, kava and valerian come to mind, anyone tried a kratom + lily combo?? where legal of course...could be some fun :puke:

conan man, that post just gave me severe deja vu. i am certain you have said the exact same thing before, about the lemon balm and kava.

reminds me of when i made a thread on heimia, forgot about it, made another one on the same topic and then was super confused when i read the wrong one. lol.

what is a tea totaler?

someone who doesnt drink alcohol. If you are having a go at the spelling... i just double checked, and apparently it is spelt, " TEE totaler".

no see i was confused because he said he couldnt do the SECOND option when the FIRST option was the one involving alcohol. also i had no idea what a tee totaler was, i wasnt being difficult.

also the second thing he mentioned was an infusion, like TEA, which added to my ever present confusion.

Brought 16 oz. acidified (with juice) water to a boil. Poured this over 28 grams high quality Nymphaea caerulaea in a french press coffee maker. Allowed to steep 'til cool with the plans to drink it that night, but didn't get around to it. It was put in the referigerator for 48 hours. Last night it was pressed very hard to extract about 8 oz. of very bitter, nice smelling liquid. After heating and adding honey, it was consumed with only minor difficulty. After about one hour, slight sedation and little else was felt. After consuming 12 oz. of some home-made hard cider (10%ABV,) though, I got exactly what I was looking for; sedation and euphoria well beyond that provided by alcohol. Sensuality was, of course, enhanced as well. A couple of interesting things: lilly effects seem somehow a bit 'separate' from the booze buzz when consumed separately from the alcohol as opposed to dissolved in say, my Nefertem's Tripel or wine. The other thing was that a half hour later, I consumed about a pint of my latest batch of safrolicious hard root beer. This is a better tasting, more safrole rich batch that used fresh froze sassafras extract in the primary. Anyway, the stimulating effects of this brew seemed to partially clear up the heady effects of the lilly while leaving the bodily effects intact. It's hard to explain, but I'm unlikely to use these two together in the future and I really prefer the lilly/alcohol headbuzz. I guess the root beer is just more suited to higher energy situations.

i just bought some 20+ blue lotus extract! just wondering how much i need??? this shop sells all sorts of ethnos at freo markets in perth! kava to cacti and all in between!!!

careful! kava has been a scheduled drug of abuse in WA for quite a few years. No different than possessing speed or mushrooms over there.

Have about 30 dried pink and blue flowers dried and crushed in a blender ...now soaking in some Sake. will leave for 48 hrs and Bioassay.

Am interested in growing them in the yard...any tips or idea's for a pond or how to grow em.

H.