The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Shamanorrhea

Acid Availability

[Please note that the original post has been altered, please read the forum rules carefully before writing a post and also before replying]

I know this is probably the wrong forum for it but due to a lack of a more appropriate place I decided to post it here.

To begin with, I have wanted to find Acid for two years now, to no avail. I have exhausted all avenues and have yet to find someone who has even expereienced it let alone lead me in the right direction to getting some.

That's why I am posting this. Has anyone here experienced it (obviously where or when legal)? Is it available in Australia?

This sounds like a wonderful chemical and I hope that someday I might be able to experience it.

Thanks.

[ 20. October 2003, 16:47: Message edited by: Adrian ]

i remember the days when microdots were available

to ingest almost evry weekend!! ahh how i miss that metallic taste and the restless legs....

ergh...... and the paranoia!!

doesnt seem to even paper trips available these days! not that ive been looking...

The reason you couldn't find an appropriate forum to make your post is because there isn't one. Sorry mate, but this is a site for discussion of plant entheogens not a hook-up for drug dealers and coppers.

Your post will get binned I think mate.

But in sympathy: I was having a yarn with this gnome down the bottom of my garden last night (blue hat, yellow spots), and he's been in a similar predicament for about 2 years also.

He reckons that the sheeples are too fond of their ego these days to make a real psychedelic popular.

A foaf was on holidays in northern NSW and decided to stop and take a look at a certain notorious hippy village that is located quite close to SAB's home. There is a park around the public toilets where gentle hippy folk relax by injecting heroin, drinking straight bourbon, etc, like most of us Amazonian rainbark sniffers do on a Sunday afternoon. Anyway, my friend was having weed thrust at him before he had managed to park the car, and subsequently discovered that various other substances could be rapidly obtained if one was willing to sit down and wait for the weed sellers to go and negotiate with their contacts, often involving a pub crawl in order to locate said contacts.

As with all those things of course, there is always some risk of a set-up, but confidence is promoted by the fact that the vendor with whom one deals is usually ripped and/or drunk to the eyeballs. My foaf hadn't had tabs for quite some time and was disappointed with the potency, but the modern trend seems to be towards taking one or two and then going out clubbing.

Shamanorrhea:

I know this is probably the wrong forum for it but due to a lack of a more appropriate place I decided to post it here.

...on the Ethnobotany forum... :rolleyes:

Has anyone here experience LSD?

An outright admission that they had would be unlikely, as such acts are criminal in most countries- unless they did it somewhere it is legal

This sounds like a wonderful chemical and I hope that someday I might be able to experience it

I hope you can too- in a place where its acquisition and consumption does not break the rules. That isn't likely to happen in Australia in the near future

Gosh you're a trusting soul, aren't you? The assumption being that anyone who would contact you with any 'worthwhile information' isn't a member of the police force... and they're absolutely certain you aren't either...

Good try, but possibly not the brightest thing you've ever done

POSTS SUCH AS THIS HAVE NO PLACE!

(A few mior alterations and consideration to what you asking is all that is needed to avoid trouble)

[ 20. October 2003, 16:54: Message edited by: Adrian ]

jeez..hope that results in a suspension

after two years, maybe you've lost sight of what you're really asking for..anyway, if "things happen", i hope you're ready for it..perhaps it would lead you down some path of learning a little respect

good luck

holy shit! if i knew this post was going to cause such negativity i wouldnt have replied in the neutral "ive been there" way i did!!

shamanarhea....!, by the sounds of your ego and psychi i dont think you could handle the l.s.d experience anyway!!! chill out.....

and to everyone else who read the comments on this page,i apoligize for my original comment!

i dont want to be involved in this.....

peace.

Shamanorrhea:

(Removal of repeated public slander)

P.P.S, isn't ergotine available in a natural form? Wouldn't that make it ethnobotanical?

I know DL has a face....obviously you haven't looked :P

Get some ergotine and we'll laugh our arse off when you develop ERGOTISM.

This is a friendly forum dedicated to plant conservation,and such,so get your arse down to the Cross or Nimbin if that's what you're after.

[ 20. October 2003, 16:56: Message edited by: Adrian ]

i wonder if someone had posted where to find HBRW, if they'd've got the same reaction :confused:

anyway, try going to outdoor parties, especially those frequented by the Israli posse or the Brit backpackers connection.

nabraxas - HBWR is a seed and entirely legal to sell, buy and possess. LSD is none of those. We allow a lot of bending of the rules here as long as it is somehow in the spirit of ethnobotany, but there has to be a line that shouldn't be crossed or we will end up like many of the other drug scoring sites.

Shamanorrhea - I can't see you staying here very long. Will wait for the moderators decision though.

ok- HBRW was a bad example, what about shrooms- most ov which are illegal, yet there's a whole forum here?

i can see how this guy crossed the line in his responses, & i agree his first question was abit "upfront"-- but surely there's "no harm in asking"?--i mean i'd be abit desparate after 2 years aswell

--not that that in anyway excuses his subsequent posts.

Originally posted by nabraxas:

ok- HBRW was a bad example, what about shrooms- most ov which are illegal, yet there's a whole forum here?

Shrooms are quite legal if they grow in your backyard, unless the intent to cultivate can be proven and/or until you pick them. But again, this is just nit picking. The whole point is that we are not against drugs, but that we need to preserve an outward image that we try to stay on the legal side. Preserving such an image lets us get away with A LOT more for a lot longer. Anyone who blatantly disregards this endangers this community. I figured everyone understood this.

i can see how this guy crossed the line in his responses, & i agree his first question was abit "upfront"-- but surely there's "no harm in asking"?--

He crossed the line and could have edited (or at least taken the thread in a different direction) when reminded by a moderator. But instead he chose blatant abuse, which we have NO tolerance for.

As I said, he might have gotten away with the first post, but further responses were totally inappropriate. The interesting thing is that one makes allowances for people in the view that they are well meaning and that they merely 'strayed'. But the subsequent posts by shamanorrhea show that he is simply not appropriate for this community and has little interest in maintaining a harmonious community. When you then go back to the original post and view it in that light it is suddenly not so harmless anymore.

In any case, questions can be just as harmful as statements, so yes 'it can hurt to ask'.

i mean i'd be abit desparate after 2 years aswell

Unless this guy is 15, I really can't see how he could have tried for 2 years and not gotten any leads. maybe if he keeps trying at the suburban bluelight disco he might have a problem, but seriously, there has been *some* acid at almost every party or club i have been to (or heard about) in the last few years.... and I am not even looking.

Maybe there is a good reason why no one will sell him any.....

Many of us here live in hope that such substances will be available some day without fear of prosecution.

This very community may hold the key for positive changes like this to become a reality.

HOWEVER: this requires co-operation between community members and also responsibility on part of individuals who benefit from these forums to adhere to the forum rules.

Shamanorrhea:

I personally would like you to carefully consider the impact of your disrespectful posts and disregard for the forum rules.

If you wish to remain a member of this valuable and informative community, please take a mature and responsible attitude towards your actions.

Leave your slanderous opinions out of the public arena.

You future as a member here awaits serious consideration by the forum leaders.

Please consider this openly & fully.

Regards,

Adrian

[ 20. October 2003, 17:21: Message edited by: Adrian ]

Originally posted by mrwest:

2 years could have been better spent obtaining the necessary equipment and learning how to make it...

I just checked his age, and I wasn't far off the mark. I doubt acid can be made by somemone with just highschool chem. It also explains why no one will sell him any. Maybe he'll have more luck in future. So nabraxas, do you still agree that this was a suitable question? (if anyone helps him they'd be liable for aiding to supply a minor!!)

Moderator has asked for suspension until he apologises unreservedly to darklight. His posts have already been edited (by Adrian) to allow for the spirit of the question without too much of the incrimination.

[ 21. October 2003, 02:02: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Guest electro

with no disrespect to the mods, or others in this community i feel i must make a point.(as i completley agree with the suspension to protect the community - the post and replies were not appropriate)

my point:

has anyone stopped to consider why a 15 year old (or close) kid would have been looking for acid for 2 years ?

i mean utilising tools to explore conciousness (spelling?), to aid shamanic/religous ceremoneys etc is a bit beyond your average 15 year old...

from my experience, the majority of "kids" taking what would be considered "hard drugs" at that age have some serious problems and as such this person could could quite possibly do with some help to get better. (not to get wasted, not to get flamed, but for someone who knows them to take notice and do what they can to help this person sort themselves out).

just something maybe worth considering ... *shrug*

i remember being in the same situation myself when i was that age. it took just about that long to find acid too. i thought i was crazy when i had amazing revelations on psychedelics, those around me we just taking them to get high. i was shamed by many into thinking drugs weren't about that. maybe this guy's just really curious about acid? which doesn't excuse his reaction but i don't think age should be indicative of someone's intent.

then again, maybe being a teenager is enough to handle without adding more to your plate.

Guest electro

i'm not saying that being that age is proof of intent, or that age stops people using such substances for productive purposes...

i am just saying that considering that the majority of people that age (basing on personal experience in sydney and on my sister + her friends & basic [probably flawed] studies) dont take psychadelics.. and even less use them for creative purposes..

kids who want to experiment with substances will generally try pot, nicotine, maybe e coke and speed but not too much more ..

i know these are great sweeping generalisations but it is *generally* the case.

fear is drummed into kids through the constant "drug education" forced upon scholl children. the message from this education seems to be that Pot is bad, but generally acceptable through to psychadelics which are on par with heroin (or worse) as being the most EVIL substances on earth.

With ample time to develop opinions being unavailable at that age something drastic generally has to happen to influence people to overcome these supposed truths about these substances. older siblings, drug friendly parents etc can play a role in this, but kids still generally wont jump right into psychadelics without a drastic push that forces them to reconsider what is real, what is true and that the consequences that have been enforced are lesser than their current reality ...

*not always the case, just a very real possibility*

Im not taking sides here, but I think Shamanorreah has been a bit of a scapegoat in the philological sense of the word.

Sure, he(you) is/are to be guilty of being a little TOO blatant, and of being too harsh in his replies to DL. I respect that, and the editing that has been done.

But also bear in mind that this is an argument about appearances only. If people were a little more honest with themselves, they too would realize that they would probably love to post freely about the aquisition of illicit substances.

I personally would recommend that he not be suspended, even tho I dont know him.

I mean we ALL are hiding behind a facade of lies...look at the opening disclaimers on all ethno websites: not to be ingested etc...yeah.

Someone young enough to bugger the emperor's clothing? And then kick him out of town?

my point about the age was more related to the immature way he dealt with the situation after being given all the right hints by darklight, rather than the fact that 17 year olds should not be taking drugs. It is my own strong personal opinion that psychedelics are not good at a young age, but what that age might be varies from individual to individual. In this case however I can't see the patience and maturity that would encourage me to think that this guy is ready for acid.

Those who feel sorry for this guy's dilemma need to ask themselves if they are really helping him by supporting his search. He obviously does not have an experienced person to guide him (or he wouldn't have a problem sourcing it in the first place), so isn't this just a recipe for disaster and another anti acid statistic in the making. Bottom line is that by not having the right guidance he is much more likely to have a bad trip or to hurt himself (or to get busted).... which might cure him of his urge, but at the cost of another person growing up blaming acid rather than their own shortcomings.

I have received mail from people who have had contact with shamanorrhea before and it seems his intentions are in line with the general sense of this forum. He appears to have a little more interest and experience than he lets on. So maybe if he comes to his senses about how he deals with other people here he can become a valuable contributor in the future. And he may even find the guidance and support from within this group or a similar one. I will edit my commnts above which indicated the contrary.

thelema - I am happy for you if you like to live your life honest in the face of a difficult legal situation. As an individual you may even get away with it. However as a high profile website like this one is there are more things to consider. Don't forget that the demise of most similar websites start with a situation no unlike this.

When Adrian e-mailed me he asked not to supend the guy. However he had apparently only read the first post at this stage. A few minutes later he e-mailed me again and concluded that an unreserved apology is required for the insults and that shamnorrhea should be suspended until then. When I got those e-mails an hour or so later, I agreed that that is fair enough. As far as I understand shamanorrhea DID NOT get suspended for breaching posting content protocols, but for being outright insulting. So he is obviously not being made a scapegoat and his suspension has nothing to do with whether or not we are all living a lie. He got booted cos he's rude. I doubt there is much of an argument against that.

[ 21. October 2003, 02:04: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Abuse, schabuse... I have teflon shoulders, the shit slides right off- my main concern throughout was that Shamanorrhea had tried to procure a scheduled substance via this forum and hadn't taken well to the hints that this isn't acceptable behaviour. Which means he'd like as not try it again- or sillier- unless cautioned, and we have no grounds to object to similar behaviour from anyone in the future.

This is a forum for discussion of plant use in any culture. If it descended to a swap meet for drug pushing, not only would we be breaking ther law, we would also lose the valuable and long term contributions of several people who quite specifically aren't interested in hanging round a dealers pit.

Being suspended for a week or so isn't any indication of future behaviour... in fact he'd be in good company :-)... I don't think anyone's been scarred for life, and some of the nicest ppl here got started on the wrong foot ( except for spunwhirlin', where the wrong foot was entrirely mine ;-) ) God I miss CS... ahem...

IMO one of the signs of maturity is being able to come back and play nicely with others.

Shit me sideways...SWIM tells me that even the good "acid" That "could" be available in aus isnt really all that worth it anywho! :P

Stick 2 tha ethnos pleaze