The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Camalonga Strychnos species

This is about the only info I can find on this botanical-

Description: Camalonga is a master Doctor/Teacher plant (seed) that is used just by few curanderos of the rainforest of Peru. It is said that Camalonga visits you in your dream space bringing lucidity and an energetic balance. It is used to re-establish the energy levels and restore the nervous system.

There is a category of shamans that are rapidly disappearing along with their traditions. These shamans are called Camalongueros, and they use the Camalonga seeds. Two seeds are used- one male (bigger) and one female (smaller) and they are mixed with cane alcohol to macerate it, (they do not eat the seeds).

A Camalonguero shaman never drinks ayahuasca. This is a very rare seed and not much more then this vague information is available. How to Use: Camalonga (Strychnos sp. seeds), prepared with cane alcohol, (2 seeds- 1 male and 1 female). The seeds are macerated in alcohol.

Anybody know anything esle about it?

Edited by Teotz'

yup

the seeds marked strichnos toxifera in the singing to the plants page appears to be thevetia pods......u can see why its called napoleons hat.......2 seeds in alkahol,drink the alkahol not the seeds,,it seems.....this is one of the plants i can feel like the mescal beans....its an apocynacea type of feeling,strong,a bit buzzy,cool,smooth.....

t s t .

Wow thanks everybody!

Good info!

That stuff grows all over the place around here I had no idea it was an ethno plant. Our neighbours have a couple of bushes out the front, but I don't think it sounds like something I'm willing to try. Nice to know though :wink:

All camalonga seeds currently offered on the market are Thevetia seeds!!!! if anyone finds some Strychnos please let me know :drool2:

Interesting.

the seeds marked strichnos toxifera in the singing to the plants page appears to be thevetia pods......u can see why its called napoleons hat.......2 seeds in alkahol,drink the alkahol not the seeds,,it seems.....this is one of the plants i can feel like the mescal beans....its an apocynacea type of feeling,strong,a bit buzzy,cool,smooth.....

t s t .

You've tried mescal bean? Please tell me about it.

Teotz has just pointed out that the seed offered by icaro [and resold via some other shops] is possibly not Thevetia. however it also doesn't look like Strychnos. It would be good if someone sourced some of this and germinated it.

it doesnt seem clear which seed rastch tried......no mention of numbing or dizzyness.....sounds more like the thevetia?

christian rastch said he just took alittle sliver off the seed with a pocket knife and put it in his mouth he said after a few minutes he felt like he was peaking on lsd. he was walking down the street in lima at the time and going to see a movie. he said he was imensely shocked. im very curious...

http://www.forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/view...b1fb9677988f20e

same link as prev

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

aopocetx,i have not tried mescal beans......there are some interesting experience reports on erowid though.

i have found that holding mescal beans induces a sort of synthesic altered state......a number of plants now produce similar[though different] effects,new ones kick in from time to time......effect is somewhat similar to consuming the plant it seems.....it prob began with cyperus alternifolius.......thevetia has this effect strongly......

mmm,i'm experiencing these things,a bit wonderingly but trying to sort and transmit in truth what goes on......its hard knowing what to say but this is what i'm experiencing!

t s t .

Hey there, Torsten are these what you are after? Or is this Thevetia?

It looks like Camalonga Strychnos, well it looks like the one picture that comes up on a google search. It also looks like Thevetia, although the pics on google seem to have different coloured flowers, like peach and whites as well as yellow. Every plant around here has only yellow flowers.

IMAGE_383.jpg

IMAGE_386.jpg

IMAGE_387.jpg

What site is best to link pics to here? I have uploaded a few in the gallery but can't work out how to get them up on here.

Edited by salem13

think thats the thevetia.......see the napoleons hat pod in the bottom pic.....there are a couple at least diff spieces....yes peach as well as yellow,a bit different shape flower.

t s t .

yep, those pics are thevetia.

To post pics simply upload them directly into the forums [you have to use 'add reply' rather than 'fast reply' to manage attachments].

yep, those pics are thevetia.

To post pics simply upload them directly into the forums [you have to use 'add reply' rather than 'fast reply' to manage attachments].

Oh well, looks like the search is still on :P

Thanks T

Any updates on this interesting and obsure botanical?

I'm so confused about this entheogen!

Are all the plants used toxic on a certain level or is there one that is better than the others?

I'm so confused about this entheogen!

Are all the plants used toxic on a certain level or is there one that is better than the others?

Most entheogens are toxic at a certain level.

Ok is there on that is more psychedelic and less toxic than others...?

You know what I mean!

In many psychoactive drugs there are active constituents and toxic constituents which are often very different groups of chemicals. In the case of Strychnos sp the active and the toxic are the same [ie strychnine], so there is little point in asking for a species that is more psychoactive and less toxic.

In many psychoactive drugs there are active constituents and toxic constituents which are often very different groups of chemicals. In the case of Strychnos sp the active and the toxic are the same [ie strychnine], so there is little point in asking for a species that is more psychoactive and less toxic.

No, no, I'm asking if there is another genus or species that isn't Strychnos which is more psychedelic.

There are many species used as "Camalonga"!

In Rätsch' Encyclopedia there are a few species listed as possible camalonga, I also remember the terms cabalonga and camalonga which are two different species and both of them are used. I obtained some seeds in the Belen market in Iquitos, Peru, but too scared to try them.