The Corroboree
Storm crow

Fucking aye EGA!! (from Tarnicus and El Duderino)

thanks so much ronny and crew for all youre energy and time put into the event, that really was one hell of a special weekend! I was feeling kind of shitty physically with a bad head cold so it was kind of a strain to communicate at times, although i did manage to meet a few SABites which is always really cool.

highlights for me were Jeremy's talk on some new interesting wattles and torstens marathon workshop, kind of bummed that i missed both of Des's talks and Henry's pituri talk, i hope they were recorded!

much love to everyone i spent time with over the weekend, and wish i hadve been able to meet everyne else i missed. feeling kind of melancholy to be back to the ol' grind. thanks plant heads.

really hope to hear hebrew share some of his knowledge at the next EB or EGA!

:drool2:

Hey ferret, did we meet? Whereabouts were you? I can't believe CS didn't introduce me!

ohh thanks ferret. was good to hang out when we did and catch up again, makes me think we should meet up more often hey.

the pituri talk was really good and that pituri that was going around was really really nice, yummy.

Did anyone else catch that extreme weirdity on Sunday night after the film? I don't know if it was really something sensible that was meant to make sense, but Jess and I stumbled upon the most tripped shit in the bush I have ever seen. Man, if they were trying to create the weirdest thing you could possibly stumble upon tripping - they totally succeeded. Wish I could have seen it through 'purer' eyes for comparison. hahaha that was definitely something else..

haha dam man i think i missed it whatever it was care to explain?I remember stumbling over to the flim kinda half way threw with naja and someone else i think jono? and yeah it was a bit too much for me then lol im sure it was great tho and man i didnt even know you were there! :)

Edited by -YT-

Did anyone take any group pics, eg in the main dome. I forgot I had a camera with me :rolleyes:

Not that interested in speaker pics, but rather in people pics.

please email them to me at [email protected]

THANKS

Hahaha Ok.. Well I will try to explain..

We are sitting in the main dome and the movie ends. The screen shuts off and we all sit there looking stupid waiting for something else to happen (well that's what Jess and I were doing anyway). Then from a distance we start to hear ambient music coming from somewhere near the cabins. After Jess suggesting multiple times that we should go and see where that music is coming from, and me coming to the conclusion that the night's programming must have come to an end, we head off towards the music.

After a long pitstop where Jess attempted to make herself a chai tea, we ventured around the side of the kitchen based cabin to an area we hadn't been before. The first thing we could see was patterns lighting up the tops of the trees. It looked like someone was using the trees as a screen for a tripped out film featuring moving patterns and fire like shapes. As we got closer we see to our left a weirdly lit up medieval styled slab with strange letters on flags and some weird electronic contraption which looked kind of like a stack of amplifiers, only very rustic, with tubes poking out of everywhere and various old fashioned gauges and dials.

Anyway, we are first drawn towards the source of the music. There is what is almost like a circle in the center where people are sitting around a fire. To get in this circle we have to duck around a large sheet hanging between two trees, which is revealed to be a black-lit Izwoz painting on the other side. Between the next two trees is a sheet which has a milkdrop styled visualisation plugin running, in what seems to be in sync with the music. At the head of this weird space is a structure that seems to be slightly below the ground. This structure looks like some kind of space ship and down inside of it I can see lighters flicking and what looks like sound equipment. This space ship is at the base of the massive gum trees which are being projected onto (this looked absolutely amazing!).

If anyone saw those metallic robotic insect things that were sitting around the place at EGA, these were all here on the ground lit up. The whole effect was really something else, like a living artwork. A representation of man and nature working together to create a psychedelic space and art work at the same time.

Whilst we are admiring all of this we notice people are flocking over to the Medieval slab like structure. When we head over we see a man dressed in a white lab coat doing very strange things to a dredlocked individual lying face down on the slab. Much like in a massage palor, only much weirder, and this isn't your average massage. The strange things this mad scientist seems to be doing are not what you would consider a massage. His equipment was all wired through the artistic electronics which I first referred to as a stack of amplifiers. This was like some strange form of 'life theater'. It was very confusing and hilarious at the same time. I remember a guy - 'tom' - saying 'do you have the slightest what is going on here?' hahaha 'Nope!'. It was awesome.. we loved it. it was a shame, because then the sun started coming up and we had to leave that day and hadn't slept, so we had to go and try to sleep (which we failed at).

To try and describe what was going on in the medieval massage parlor from the future is pretty difficult. There was a 'mad scientist' and a subject. The scientist at first was delivering what seemed to be electric shocks to the subject via a clear glass looking device which when making contact with the subjects back, made a strange sound like a cross between an electrical arc and a electric wood saw. A crackle and buzz at the same time. He rubs this device all over the subjects back whilst intermittently applying a liberal sprinkling of talcum powder. During this process the Mad Scientist tweaks and tamers with the dials on the unidentified (and essentially artistic) stack of electronics. This was followed with gentle caresses, the scientist running his hands lovingly over the subjects body.

Once this had gone on for some time, the subject arises, the scientist returning his missing clothes. The subject leaves, and the scientist propositions a bystander. The bystander seems to agree and removes his shirt and jumper. Then the scientist reaches behind the slab and produces a ye olde styled contract. The bystander reads the contract and then signs it, becoming the next subject.

At this point I should probably mention that Jess and I were smack bang in the middle of quite a powerful trip! So we may be totally off the mark and this may have been just an ordinary situation, but judging by the looks on everyone else's faces I think it was an intended experience and it worked amazingly well!

Sorry for the massive post!

Edited by Pelinster

Hey everyone,

thanks for an awesome weekend and more

was great to meet jono, amulte, apothecary, wandjina, alkatrope, cough, El D, bacchant, Luke, and the others who I have no doubt forgotten.

Special thanks must go to hebrew and ferret for providing me with much hospitableness :)

will be doing a photo post later on when they are all processed/uploaded

Edited by creach

EGA won't be on for 2 years, so that means that it is up to the community to organise similar events.

I love and hate reading this thread! I really wanted to know how it went for you guys and so please keep posting. But I'm also very shitty I didn't make it.

Like last year I was busy with other things and it was hard to justify spending the time on the trip. I have decided that I need to prioritise EGA for next year so I actually end up going and not regretting it... but Tarnicus' comment makes me gasp. Is it true? No EGA next year?

And who won the raffle prizes?? I want to see some gloating :)

I won 2nd prize :P

Edited by naja naja

was great to meet jono, amulte, apothecary, wandjina, alkatrope, cough, El D, bacchant, Luke, and the others who I have no doubt forgotten.

was great to meet you too Creach...and nice to be back :wub:

awesome to have u back as well Wan :wub:

besdides dennis drawing his own ticket the westies seemed to win all the raffles!

bloody westies.

congrats to all (all right even the westies)

:lol:

Edited by endogenous

besdides dennis drawing his own ticket the westies seemed to win all the raffles!

bloody westies.

congrats to all (all right even the westies)

:lol:

there were westies?

I wish my memory for names and faces was better. I simply can't seem to hold onto them for more than a few minutes at a time until I become really involved with a person [like over several days]. So may I just apologise for not recognising heaps of people at EGA who I had met before. Some who I had met several times, others who I've only met once. Also anyone who recognised me, but I didn't approach them even though maybe I should have. Chances are I had no idea who I was smiling at. I am not being snobby or anything - it's actually a problem I have always had and can't seem to improve. sad thing is it usually leaves other people thinking I don't like them or don't remember what they are about when in fact I almost always remember most things about people just not their names and faces.

I guess that's one of the reasons why I really like it when people dive straight into a topic of conversation rather than make prolonged small talk, not just because small talk is a waste of time, but also because it helps me remember who I am talking to.

So yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest cos it actually really stresses me out at these events. It stresses me so much that I often have to get away from groups just so I can think about a name or face. I know at least a couple of people thought I snubbed them at EGA when in fact I had no idea who they were. No doubt the next EGA will be even more confusing for me as there will now be 24 months inbetween.

I wish my memory for names and faces was better. I simply can't seem to hold onto them for more than a few minutes at a time until I become really involved with a person [like over several days]. So may I just apologise for not recognising heaps of people at EGA who I had met before. Some who I had met several times, others who I've only met once. Also anyone who recognised me, but I didn't approach them even though maybe I should have. Chances are I had no idea who I was smiling at. I am not being snobby or anything - it's actually a problem I have always had and can't seem to improve. sad thing is it usually leaves other people thinking I don't like them or don't remember what they are about when in fact I almost always remember most things about people just not their names and faces.

I guess that's one of the reasons why I really like it when people dive straight into a topic of conversation rather than make prolonged small talk, not just because small talk is a waste of time, but also because it helps me remember who I am talking to.

So yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest cos it actually really stresses me out at these events. It stresses me so much that I often have to get away from groups just so I can think about a name or face. I know at least a couple of people thought I snubbed them at EGA when in fact I had no idea who they were. No doubt the next EGA will be even more confusing for me as there will now be 24 months inbetween.

u poor old bugger!

nametags??:P

u poor old bugger!

nametags??:P

why do you think we had nametags at EB?!

actually the only reason it stresses me out is because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I figure if everyone knows that I have this problem then it's not really a problem anymore. Maybe I should just take up smoking pot and blame it on that :lol: well, I did used to blame it on acid.

Don't feel bad T, I can literally hear sumones name and forget it as they are telling to me. I forget it that quick sumtimes. I too have to converse several times with a person to learn there name. I just refer to peeps by their online name, it's easier for me. I blame it on the pot, but it's good. It's my own inbuilt shredding machine so I can forget peeps names, etc when it is most nessisary. :P Atleast thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Don't stress T, I know I certainly can relate.

Hahaha Ok.. Well I will try to explain..

We are sitting in the main dome and the movie ends. The screen shuts off and we all sit there looking stupid waiting for something else to happen (well that's what Jess and I were doing anyway). Then from a distance we start to hear ambient music coming from somewhere near the cabins. After Jess suggesting multiple times that we should go and see where that music is coming from, and me coming to the conclusion that the night's programming must have come to an end, we head off towards the music.

After a long pitstop where Jess attempted to make herself a chai tea, we ventured around the side of the kitchen based cabin to an area we hadn't been before. The first thing we could see was patterns lighting up the tops of the trees. It looked like someone was using the trees as a screen for a tripped out film featuring moving patterns and fire like shapes. As we got closer we see to our left a weirdly lit up medieval styled slab with strange letters on flags and some weird electronic contraption which looked kind of like a stack of amplifiers, only very rustic, with tubes poking out of everywhere and various old fashioned gauges and dials.

Anyway, we are first drawn towards the source of the music. There is what is almost like a circle in the center where people are sitting around a fire. To get in this circle we have to duck around a large sheet hanging between two trees, which is revealed to be a black-lit Izwoz painting on the other side. Between the next two trees is a sheet which has a milkdrop styled visualisation plugin running, in what seems to be in sync with the music. At the head of this weird space is a structure that seems to be slightly below the ground. This structure looks like some kind of space ship and down inside of it I can see lighters flicking and what looks like sound equipment. This space ship is at the base of the massive gum trees which are being projected onto (this looked absolutely amazing!).

If anyone saw those metallic robotic insect things that were sitting around the place at EGA, these were all here on the ground lit up. The whole effect was really something else, like a living artwork. A representation of man and nature working together to create a psychedelic space and art work at the same time.

Whilst we are admiring all of this we notice people are flocking over to the Medieval slab like structure. When we head over we see a man dressed in a white lab coat doing very strange things to a dredlocked individual lying face down on the slab. Much like in a massage palor, only much weirder, and this isn't your average massage. The strange things this mad scientist seems to be doing are not what you would consider a massage. His equipment was all wired through the artistic electronics which I first referred to as a stack of amplifiers. This was like some strange form of 'life theater'. It was very confusing and hilarious at the same time. I remember a guy - 'tom' - saying 'do you have the slightest what is going on here?' hahaha 'Nope!'. It was awesome.. we loved it. it was a shame, because then the sun started coming up and we had to leave that day and hadn't slept, so we had to go and try to sleep (which we failed at).

To try and describe what was going on in the medieval massage parlor from the future is pretty difficult. There was a 'mad scientist' and a subject. The scientist at first was delivering what seemed to be electric shocks to the subject via a clear glass looking device which when making contact with the subjects back, made a strange sound like a cross between an electrical arc and a electric wood saw. A crackle and buzz at the same time. He rubs this device all over the subjects back whilst intermittently applying a liberal sprinkling of talcum powder. During this process the Mad Scientist tweaks and tamers with the dials on the unidentified (and essentially artistic) stack of electronics. This was followed with gentle caresses, the scientist running his hands lovingly over the subjects body.

Once this had gone on for some time, the subject arises, the scientist returning his missing clothes. The subject leaves, and the scientist propositions a bystander. The bystander seems to agree and removes his shirt and jumper. Then the scientist reaches behind the slab and produces a ye olde styled contract. The bystander reads the contract and then signs it, becoming the next subject.

At this point I should probably mention that Jess and I were smack bang in the middle of quite a powerful trip! So we may be totally off the mark and this may have been just an ordinary situation, but judging by the looks on everyone else's faces I think it was an intended experience and it worked amazingly well!

Sorry for the massive post!

Massive post, but you explained the situation *beautifully*. Very cool fun ideed, we must have experienced the same thing at the same time - and although I wasn't 'lifted' at the time, simply being in that situation made me feel like I was! Breathtakingly bizarre and surreal, and the soundscape music was simply epic - very moving, and IMO even more so than music with a beat! This was one of the highlights for me for sure...

there were westies?

Tonnes of them - they just kept appearing out of the bush - it must be their keen sense of smell.... :)

Its all been said already, but seriously Ronny and all involved - the space you created on the weekend was immensely special. Incredible energy, fantastic location - I hope all the reports from the owners of the land were positive.

I really didnt want to leave, and have been buzzing since. Congrats and thankyou. :)

Pelinster - what a wonderful description of events! When I saw the Mad Scientist with his white lab coat and that device that kept making zapping noises, I turned to someone and asked if he was shaving their backs lol I am very interested in healing, but boy did that guy freak me out!

I love and hate reading this thread! I really wanted to know how it went for you guys and so please keep posting. But I'm also very shitty I didn't make it.

Like last year I was busy with other things and it was hard to justify spending the time on the trip. I have decided that I need to prioritise EGA for next year so I actually end up going and not regretting it... but Tarnicus' comment makes me gasp. Is it true? No EGA next year?

From the discussions I had with the organisers, there will be no EGA next year run by the same people. They want other people to step up and take the challenge/burden/shitload of work/fun to organise the next one.

I have posted a little on the other forums about this, and apologise in advance if I repeat myself. I've been keeping myself very busy with the momentum and energy of EGA by writing a draft proposal of a similar event in the Blue Mountains, 2 hours or so west of Sydney for next April. I'll post the document next week once it is at a stage that I feel has enough substance to put out to the community. I have been in contact with numerous people who are interested in helping out and by next week I should have enough to release to get the ball rolling.

The basic concept is something similar to EGA, but most likely on a smaller scale since it is the first time for this event. The event will focus on small interactive workshops on health, healing, ethnobotany and creativity. Currently the idea is an event for 200 people, but I will let the momentum of the organisation determine the final number and content of the event. I have my own ideas but this isn't my baby, it is for anyone who is interested in participating. It will be a multiday event in beautiful bushland, just like EGA.

If we want events like this, we need to come together again to make them happen :) Any help is appreciated, in any form, from advice to well...there's a ton to do :)

So many keep refering to EGA as a weekend event. For me, it was a week long event that changed my life dramatically. From the day I stepped off the coach at Mansfield at 9pm with just a sleeping bag, no tent and the thought that I'd sleep under a tree and walk to EGA(45kms) the next day to be welcomed by Ronny and crew to say "Blake come to the pub, we're grabbing you beers and dinner" to the day I left, having no idea of the time of my flight nor how I was getting to Melbourne and being welcomed into a car with friends and driven straight to Jeshika's party where a good 20-30 people from EGA went. Wow that sentence sucked, but wow what an event!!!

Oh btw that's me in the newly uploaded avatar pic; sitting at the doof after 2 hours sleep in 2 days wishing my toe wasn't broken so I could get up and dance :D

Speaking of people coming out of the bush, I have one amusing memory of leaving my ceremonial group in the bush and refusing to take a torch. Hey I'm colour-blind and have great dark vision, why would I need a torch? Perhaps because between getting there and smoking some Changa I completely forgot the way back :P

So there I am, bounding barefoot through the bush, being startled by wombat noises and crashing through branches attempting to find a path. I decide "fuck this, I hear the doof and I'm heading to it as the Crow flies!" and start crashing through more branches, tripping over more logs and finally I find the stream! 'Ahah' I think as I fall into it, not realising there was a drop of almost a metre *grins* But at least I know where I am now, the doof is close by! I made so much noise and yet when I walked within metres of the doof being set up, no-one noticed me. Was I invisible? Had I gone that tribal from my romping through the bush that the spirits had cloaked me from being seen by normal man? Or were they just tripping so hard that they didn't notice me?

It was then that I heard a lone femal voice cry out "How do I get in there?!" to which I yelled out "Buggered if I know, I can't find the way out!" lol Thanks to that kind young lass I was able to locate the entrance, and she entered just as I left.

Ah but one of soooo many great memories from EGA :)

Ummm, amazing festival everyone. Thanks for allowing me to share in the experience. Great venue, those cicadas were mind-blowing. The information was well targeted and the timetable stayed to schedule even in a slight air of lassitude. Hammocks, need I say more? The lectures and forums were topical and widely appreciated. Thanks for the demonstration Torsten, great to see how the pro's do it. Thanks to all the presenters. It was hard to spot the organisers because everything ran so smoothly. The number in crowd was perfect.

Thanks to too many to name, and all the great people I met while lazing, swimming, learning.

Cheers.

Yeah big thanks to Ronny and the EGA crew for putting on such a phenomenal event, from the setting to the talks to the stellar gathering of people. This was a very positive event indeed, it's great to know so many people are out there working to uncover the knowledge of the plants and their revolutionary message. So many different angles and approaches with such a common intent. I would absolutely love to see more of these events in the future and further strengthening of the community!

I also want to add that it was great to meet all the crew that I did from here - awesome creative beings, all very cool indeed. Its good to put a face to all these internet personalities, and was cool to see Torsten in his element and put a face to that avatar also. G'day Hebrew, Yowie, Luke, Jono, Fenris, {E} etc. etc. And it was great to hang with the crew I have already met but got a chance to get to know even better. Congrats Naja on the 2nd prize - the plant gods must have been shining down on you... :) You better make it along to the next doof to hang up your banner!