The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Grafting Comp- Oct 2007

75 sown today, 15 are caespitosa variety that mysteriously turned up in the post. Thank you annon.

P.S. Teo :o:blink: 3 and a half friggin thousand. Sry 3800. U truely are mad! But in a good way :P

lol there is shit germ rates though, doubt ill end up with more then 1000 haha

Oh FECK! :o I'm late! I'd better knock off early this arvo to get some sown! Mind you, I got no peres up and crankin (troubles galore and too many side projects atm :().... I'll have to get my head screwed back on so I can flog the lot of ya :P

35 down, and awaiting another lot to arrive before whacking them down too. :D

Im starting late to give you guys a sporting chance - just sowing seeds today!

;)

Good Luck everyone!

Cheers

Charliewired

-takes the lead :devil::P

sowed about 35 seeds on monday. The first one came up yesterday 4/10. :lol::lol: -a L. koehresii, and another 2 today, one is a L. williamsii 'white flower', and the other is either another white flower or L. fricii (put to much water in the container and some of the seeds floated around :(.

Sowed in CSS with some charcoal crushed over the surface. microwaved for a few mins(before sowing....obviously), kept on a heat mat 24/7 under a cool white flouro 15-16 hours a day. when the first one germinated it had that white fuzzy mold on its roots so i gave it a spray with fongarid and it looks to have gone for now.

:lol::lol::lol:

L.koehresii-

Lkoehresiigerm-4-10-07.jpg

L.w white flower

Lwilliamsiiwhiteflower1germ-5-10-07.jpg

Lophophora ????-

LwilliamsiiwhiteflowerorLfriciigerm.jpg

my setup, or lack of-

IMG_5949.jpg

Sprayed with pyrethrin (see other thread for more details) and have wiped out alot of my peres stock so I'll have to start again in that regard, I did remove several of the nicer ones prior to spraying so they are still fine :D and Ive got loads of cuttings ready to be planted so hopefully this dont knock me out of the comp.

It's great to see you guys doing this over here. I am sure most of you saw the amazing show that Martin and Dan gave us from Germany over on the nook. I'd enter, but I am not set up yet. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to seeing your pics. Just beware when the next comp is here. :devil:

I'm in, only planted a few seeds on monday, it'll come down to the rootstock!! :bootyshake:

Still havent had time to sow - might get my gear together tonight and plant a few lil'uns :) Only got 3 worthwhile peres stocks so I wont put up much competition this round :(

I see atleast 5 little ones so far, ur all going down :P

the missus has reported back that i've got a few babies up now as well... yeehah, now i just need to get home to graft them... I've got a double header pere that i'm gonna put a root half and a top half on each of the stems, see which grows quicker/better on the same stock... hmmm. interesting...

I got shit loads up, good germ on the location cultivars thus far. Grafted 11 to peres today, untill my peres stocks recover that will probably be all I can graft.

maybee ifthey r old seed teo try soaking overnite b4 sowing?

Biggest prob is fungi and stuff, though a H2O2 soak for a few mins then water rinse takes care of most of that :D

is that seed or media teo?

Grafted one peres this morning.

post-3173-1192487037_thumb.jpg

post-3173-1192487082_thumb.jpg

Planted 24 seed on Oct 1st

post-3173-1192487157_thumb.jpg

Still waiting for the other peres to grow a little bigger before grafting

post-3173-1192487216_thumb.jpg

And yet to come

post-3173-1192487292_thumb.jpg

Nice one rahli, looking really healthy.

Only one sprout over here so far, and still tiny compared to the others posted, less than ideal conditions but ah well, as long as it makes it to maturity eventually i'd be happy.

Yeah, 17 out of 24 so far.

Best germination rate I've got yet and my improved seed soil mix has pumped them right up fast.

Good luck with your entries gerbil.

Edited by rahli

Hey,

I`m really glad I didnt miss out on this one,I was on a trip and only today remembered that I was waiting for this comp.Ive got a peres thats huuuge and a couple of sprouted lophos that Ive sowed before 2and a half weeks so I have very much hope that that nickle will be mine:)Seriously though the prize is beautiful,thnx a lot for the effort.I ll post pictures as soon as I get my hands on a proper camera but for now you can see the way it was a month and a half ago.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...ost&id=7222

Peace!

Edited by diiv

i ran outta peres, ill be entering the comp under severe handicap in a few more weeks!