The Corroboree
XipeTotec

best plants etc for dream enhancment

Just wondering what everyone would classify as their fav herbs etc for enhancing dreams, and remembering dreams. I had excellent results on nicotine patches... and experimented a bit with calea when I had some available with some interesting results.I use mugwort, but with no noticeable effect. I here silene is great, I have not used, and noticed that it is not to be found within "the encyclopaedia of psychoactive plants" for some reason. Anyone want to verify these, or add some to the list... also... any combinations? had a thought, not sure if it would work, but for example... calea with bacopa to help with remembering (not sure how immediate bacopa's effects are though) anyway, that is just a thought... look forward to hearing peoples opinions.

Edited by shroomytoonos

I haven't really experimented with dream herbs, although I would like to... one thing though, I noticed that I'm much more prone to very vivid dreams inb which I sometimes actually become lucid after a few strong cups of Red Bush tea (taken from the African rooibos tree)... I told my brother about it and now he drinks it constantly, which I personally think diminishes the effect... try 2 or 3 strong cups before bed, and report back.

I've been meaning to check out calea for a long time now... would you mind sharing your experience with it?

i have tried calea a couple of times (i have several plants in my garden) and all it seems to do for me is give me a restless nights sleep. Maybe it just doesn't agree with me. I wanted to have better dream recollection as i have a tendency to forget most of my dreams. I don't know if this is purely coincidental but maybe worth me investigating but every time i have drunken St John's wort before retiring to bed i have had very vivid dreams.

I have used a strong calea resin and valerian root with great results. I find I have several powerful vivid dreams where I wake up suddenly, it can be a little frightening :)

I don't know if this is purely coincidental but maybe worth me investigating but every time i have drunken St John's wort before retiring to bed i have had very vivid dreams.
Hey, if you do investigate this further be sure to report your results :) (I planted seed a few weeks ago :wink: ) I also have a problem with dream recall :( which sucks because my dreams are always tripped out, they can be anywhere from a potent acid trip to a 'old black and white french film' format - really tripped out and never nightmares, I wanna remember them.

from personal experience I feel that St Johns wort elevates dopamine levels somewhat. For this reason it is great for unmotivated depressed people but a little dicey for anxious depressed people. Anyway, the increase in serotonin allows for falling asleep, while the elevated dopamine will not allow for deep sleep and hence more dreams. I had to take it in the mornings only for that reason.

from personal experience I feel that St Johns wort elevates dopamine levels somewhat. For this reason it is great for unmotivated depressed people but a little dicey for anxious depressed people.

That describes my type of depression (anxious depressed) which may be why I've never had much effect from SJW. I've also been unable to get effects from MULUNGU (Erythrina mulungu). http://www.botanicalpreservationcorps.com/Botanicals_1.htm

Although I haven't had bad anxiety or depression for quite a while. Honestly one of the best things that helped boot me out of a 2-3 year hermit (from social anxiety) existence was a Rave/E combo. After the following 2-3 day post ecstasy blues, I felt like calling up old friends and hanging out again, and I don't feel like such a stranger around people I know anymore. That night was over a year ago and I've only taken E again one time since then. There's still alot we don't know about the drug but the fact is that this drug should be available to therapists. It means a lot to me so my wife and I only use it about 2-3 times a year. I don't want the magic to die.

As far as dream enhancement goes I haven't had much luck. I've tried mugwort, absinthe, various psychedelics, opium, silene capensis. If my dreams were altered I certainly havent been able to recall anything (I normally have poor dream recall). I also have a poor memory (I have to do alot of studying when trying to memorize new information) so I wonder if its related.

Edited by liftyourskinnyfists

gaba gives awesome dreams IME

but thats not a plant

Edited by hebrew

it is great for unmotivated depressed people but a little dicey for anxious depressed people

LOL, I'm an unmotivated, anxious depressed person, maybe that's why St John's never worked for me...

To the people who mentioned they have poor dream recall and would like to improve it, if you are not doing it already, there are a number of exercises that are very useful for just this. Probably the simplest and most effective is keeping a dream journal, just write down every dream you have as soon as you wake up from it, even if its 2am... its not just that it helps you remember the dreams because you write them down, it makes your brain focus on dreams and prioritize them.

Ive found that both opiate and bezodiazepine withdrawals are excellent for fantastic dreams both vivid and exciting......however it takes alot of hard work and suffering to achieve these states...(usually great recollection and incredible clarity......occosionally negative but more often than not kinda positive dreams)......but hey the suffering inbetween dreams almost outways the positive effect of any good dreams achieved......

(sorry not quite on the topic of plants for dreams as such.....but on the topic of dreaming...)

Edited by kaktus133

(sorry not quite on the topic of plants for dreams as such.....but on the topic of dreaming...)

no, not of topic at all, which is why i titled "plants etc", thanks for your reply

maybe petunias? could aid in astral projection or something? gives one a sense of floating away, was wondering can i use any hybrids available at local nurseries or has to be the violacea or patagonia?

don't know if that helps.

the thing that i used to use was a affirmation cd that i made myself using cool edit pro, i listened to that for weeks, then when i stop listening to it i had the most lucid/vivid dreams that was constent, everyday without fail i had these dreams. haven't tried it since cus don't really have an interest in it anymore

maybe petunias?

i might actualy start a thread shortly regarding petunias, to see if anyone has experimented for general activity

i might actualy start a thread shortly regarding petunias, to see if anyone has experimented for general activity

i think any plant to do with being a hypnotic/sedative or along those lines would be good for lucid dreaming and the likes.

apart from the indole alkaloids bearing plants, i found the following plants very useful in the dreaming activity:

-Mugwort

-Calea

-Gotu Kola

-Lippia Citriodora

i had two very impressive experiences with Silene Capensis but one was were i used Calea the day before...two experiences on many attempts with this plant, so i am not agree with Silene "as a more effective onirogenic plant than Calea Zacatechichi". Quite the contrary.

In my experience, Calea works its magic more on the second night after smoking it (i smoke the leaves in powder form mixed with tabacco), the dreams with Calea are ALWAYS veird and always include some very deep emotions.

Mugwort works very well but there seem to be a tolerance to it. The dreams doesn't seem to have a special signature, i just dream more. Lippia Citriodora doesn't work everytime, but when this plant want to show you something, wow... :worship: and nothing beats an infusion of fresh leaves and flowers...hmmm :wub:

I have used guarana as dream enhancment. But you have to time it correctly. You have to be able to fall asleep before the effect takes place. I have used doses up to 3000mg guarana powder and it gives very vivid dreams, sometimes of a visionary caracter. Also I have found that if you eat banana (2-3) combined with this prolongs the effect. (Have no idea why, but maybe somebody can explain that)

Also I have found that if you eat banana (2-3) combined with this prolongs the effect. (Have no idea why, but maybe somebody can explain that)

Banana = lots of vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 is know for enhancing effectively dreaming :wink:

I have used guarana as dream enhancment. But you have to time it correctly. You have to be able to fall asleep before the effect takes place. I have used doses up to 3000mg guarana powder and it gives very vivid dreams, sometimes of a visionary caracter. Also I have found that if you eat banana (2-3) combined with this prolongs the effect. (Have no idea why, but maybe somebody can explain that)

i guess what happens is that the gurana suddenly raises your serotonin levels (cozy, dreamy sleepy feeling) dramaticly, and this makes you drift off.

i have the same happenig with coffee, but the sedated feeling wares off after a few minutes, and one has to be asleep before this happens...

i think to rember that bannanas aswell rise the serotonin...

taking a break of cannabis often produces aswell very vivid dreams.

what about Khat ? Does it have an influence on the dreaming activity, being a stimulant and all...

Mugwort, passionflower and chamomile tea before going to bed helps enhance dreams.

I also have some mugwort herb tied up in a clean sock and have it under my pillowcase. I can't say for sure that this method works but I thought since it works as a tea that it was worth a try.

Banana = lots of vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 is know for enhancing effectively dreaming :wink:

I think it's mainly becaus banana's contain l-tryptophan.

Two handfuls of mintleaves.

- About 25 g acaciablossom (smells like honey)

- About 30 g lindenblossom

- About 50 g chamomilla

- About 10 g licorice

- About 25 g of goldflower

- About 20 g rosemary

- About 15 cut thymesticks

- About 50 g sage

- About 10 g wild dagga

- Some elderberryblossoms

- A bunch of Marigold

This is my recipy against flu and it works damn good, when combined with some dreemherb or valerian this gives you a VERY good sleep and dreams.

I think it's mainly becaus banana's contain l-tryptophan.

i've had many successful experiments with vitamin B6 alone

vitamin B6 is a essential enzyme cofactor for the biosynthesis of seratonin from tryptophan in the brain, it is hypothesized that vitamin B6's effect on dreaming is by increasing this conversion.

Thus more tryptophan would be good too

Thus banana good

Happy banana

banana.gif

Actually to keep your body balanced you can only eat about two banana's a week as you otherwhise would exceed your kalium-uptake ;);)