The Corroboree
Moses

should WE mythbust the publics concept of drugs??

His was developed through trying to crack it as a college grid-iron player, falling flat on his arse and working out where to go from there.

:bootyshake:

who, dr phil? or tony robbins?

Dr Phil. I saw a doco about IT (him) on the biography channell.

Tony Robbins was what some would call a "Fat Bastard", he just formulated a plan to turn that around and now he just shares what he learnt along the way to getting where he is now, there are some who would like have his mind so he's selling it off.

All you're buying off these guys is a "Simulacrum".

Simulacrum (plural: simulacra), from the Latin simulare, "to make like, to put on an appearance of", originally meaning a material object representing something (such as a cult image representing a deity, or a painted still-life of a bowl of fruit). By the 1800s it developed a sense of a "mere" image, an empty form devoid of spirit, and descended to connote a specious or fallow representation.

I say use whatever you have at your hands to have a heart to heart with the actual spirit(s). That's the only way you actually know/are anything. The more spirits you know and appease by practicing their teachings the better.

Edited by Shiva

Dr Phil. I saw a doco about IT (him) on the biography channell.

Tony Robbins was what some would call a "Fat Bastard", he just formulated a plan to turn that around and now he just shares what he learnt along the way to getting where he is now

I gathered that from the informercial!!! ha. seriously though, he is leader in the field of "NLP", not sure who he modelled to get his "cheesy" characteristics from though.

LOL as if Hemp People could hold a coup!

take their hemp away and they will.

which is exactly what the government is doing at present

Mad about Petrol Prices?

Join the rest of the country.

Lets have a look at the official responses...

This extract was pulled from the Shell website "blah blah blah", or how about this gem from Mobil "yada yada yada"

Funny how they're different, yet they both buy oil from the one place. Kinda makes you wonder...

Ever considered the size of the governments take from it all?

Here is an extract from whatever.gov.au: "blah blah blah"

They say that we're lucky we're not paying the same price as the rest of the world.

They don't mention the Russian, or Chinese prices for fuel. Look them up for yourself.

I say the "rest of the world" is getting ripped off moreso than we are.

Thanks to freedom of information, all this was readily available with a quick Google search.

Lets see how long it stays online after word gets out that people aren't happy.

For more information:

www.PlantTheSeed.org

Thats just an idea of what I think would look good.... obviously with researched facts on it. Leave it laying on a seat on a train in peak-hour, as if you just picked it up. Walk on reading it, nudge the person next to you "hey, do you believe this shit? they're ripping us off majorly!" give it to him, then walk into the next carriage reading another one.

You give people enough to ask their own questions, and to do their own research.

Anyone studied marketing here?

I already have in planning a somewhat similar tactic; stencils. KInda like subliminal ontology. Small aphorisms and beliefs, suggestions, what have you. Not unbiased mind you, but not unfair either.

We need to intelligent about this. Use thier weapons wisely and peacefully.

Edited by Parcifal

We need to intelligent about this. Use thier weapons wisely and peacefully.

Exactly. A good rule of thumb is to keep your ideas to yourself unless the person you are communicating with and the medium your communicating via hasn't got the potential to be used as evidence. Become paranoid about the trail you leave and always remain stealthy. If you've done this throughout your operation, when and if the shit hits the fan you can confidently apply the 3 D's: Deny Deny Deny.

As for the objective of the operation, the box most people think in needs to be messed with. The media has been the master builder in the construction of this box, admittedly the media does have offsiders but they aren't as skilled at building boxes. I think a Banksy style subversive advertising campaign is a good start, your bound to reach atleast someone even if it's only the dude that has to clean the wall or whatever, he won't like it but it it'll do him good.

Whatever goes down the event/material needs to appear without any material evidence, witnesses etc. being able to link anyone to who or what group is actually doing it. Ego's need not apply for this type of work.

"If you're going to live outside of the law you need to be honest"...Bob Dylan.

Related Material:

Pranks - this one has links to other sites aswell.

ABC Lateline Interview

If there are any artists keen we should have a comp to see who can come up with the best material that the type of person that does this stuff might be able to use or draw inspiration from. Obviously someone concerned about the misuse of their art wouldn't enter.

hmmm well i haven't read this whole thread....but, trying to mythbust the public's concept of drugs? what does that even mean??

'drugs' meaning illicit drugs, illegal recreational drug, legal recreational drugs?, endogenous biochemicals/hormones? drugs could mean aspirin, neurofen, marijuana, xanax, vicodan, tobacco, tenofovir, quinine, PMA....?? it's really a vague thing to say

i don't often refer to terence mckenna :) .... but hear what he has to say about language regarding drugs...

Edited by coin

I can't believe you people keep going on about Dr phil?

Who watches that rubbish?

Tried to watch him a couple of times but it was just so lame and totally boring I never tried again.

The only time I liked Dr Phil was in scary movie 4 when he had to saw his leg off and then found out it was the wrong leg...

It depends what side of the fence your on. Joe Citizen classes illegal drugs as 'drugs' and the others medicine. On the other side of the fence, someone that uses drugs and doesn't abuse them classes all 'drugs' as medicine. Doctors are the dealers of society, I've been witness to many a brag about how easy it is to bullshit a doctor and get what you want. Your idea of chronic pain and mine could be totally different, how do you measure when someone should be allowed to use drugs?. In the US they call the chemist the Drug store.

Once you lose the respect society expects you to have for those in positions of power you start to see actual human beings and not the myths created by society i.e. Doctors are smart, Cops are law-abiding. I've had illicit drug using mates from the Cops and the Army, it blew my mind when I experienced this, so many don't get caught but the ones that do become pawns in the chess game between the government and it's people played on the board that is mass media, there standard "move" is to push the spread of the meme that only baddies do drugs and if you do you will get caught, it's a load of shit and society keeps getting a pasting as a result. Admittedly, there are tonnes of people that don't want to know the truth, they would force themselves not to believe it anyway. The possibilty of an untainted mind learning the truth before the government got there tallons into it and that mind developing into the mind of a future Prime Minister is enough for me to hope for. This Prime Minister might be the Skywalker that saves our galaxy from the Dark Side and brings reform to the drug laws, maybe not in this life-time but possibly one day.

In the US they call the chemist the Drug store.
True, but at the same time people dont believe drug stores to contain "drugs".

See doublethink

Wax philosophical as you like about the improbability of conversion of an antidrug person to pro-entheogen but regardless if anyone could be 'converted' it could still be a very important starting point for people who dont believe the government line about drugs but dont know where to start research. Thats how I got started, the gov't propaganda was contradictory and didnt fit my observations but (in my pre-internet younghood) I didnt have a clue where to start to get alternate information until I found a marijuana book in my dads library that was written by advocates. It was only about 60 pages at the most but it formed a foundation for my research.

See doublethink

That's the concept a campaign like this would encourage people to become conscious of. If shit goes down in there narrow-minded concept of reality which blows there mind, even a tiny amount, it forces them to put it back together making sense of the new information thus expanding there consciousness.

An example could be - old mate learns that from now on he has to scrutinize what he see's or hears for validity instead of just accepting it as truth, sure, it is only one battle and not the war but claiming the spoils of a battle is a more stimulating activity than watching tv or going shopping.

Those bubbles are a great idea! Pity you'll have people writing shite like "I LOVE COCK" or "UP THE BUM - NO BABIES" in them. Mind you, I'd laugh too, but its missing the point.

I still think that'll help make people start thinking outside the box. Everyone is bred to be happy in their little space now days. Everything is closing in on people - from homes (units) to workspace (cubicals) to tv (you know... tv). I reckon something simple and funny would help break the monotony, and start to wake people up.

"UP THE BUM - NO BABIES"

ehl oh ehl

hey peeps,

im extremely interested in doing this but am a bit out of it atm. Ive been thinking for a while about waging war against 'brandalism'. thats a separet issue right now but im realling enthusiastic about posting A4 sheets with statistics and the such and will do it if anyone can put together a good info slip which i will be happy to spread around brisbane!! Im too much of a gimp at computers to really make an effective good 1 myself so if anyone can make up a good one, consider it spread within a week! You can pm it to me or post it on here!

thanks, P

ehl oh ehl

How did I know someone would llike "UP THE BUM - NO BABIES" ??? You dirty bastard! B)

Its my greek mate's motto - seriously!

I think this is such a great idea, we should have a little competition. Everyone should gather a couple facts and some pics or whatnot, and make up a little poster (A4 size) and post it on here. It will get everyone thinking on the same lines and give us a bit of ammunition. Is there any way to make it a members only sort of thing? Perhaps that would be better...

But fck it. We are only spreading the truth. Viva la revolution! Plant the seeds my friends. Lets get the right plants growing in the garden that is our populations' conscience. Pull out a couple weeds while we are there.

The time has come for the revolution. That time is now.

I'm keen to see what sort of ideas pop out of the minds of the members of this community.

Start up a thread Ace, Go on I dare ya. :drool2:

Happy enough to start up a thread, but then I'll have to come up with a cool poster :P

If I get a chance in the next couple days, I'll compile a list of quotes and goodies to make up a poster to start a new thread, provided no one beats me to the punch :lol:

I think there is no harm in it, at least we could have a Corroboree 'Seed the Truth' thread - open up some online minds out there - even if we dont resort to littering public transport :)

FIGHT THE MAN!

it's just so hypocritical that some drugs can be demonized while others can be perfectly acceptable.

someone before said we need to diagnose the disease. i believe the disease to be ignorance and prejudice. just think about how all drug laws are based on racism, or the prevention of different cultures. going right back to the 1600s, the catholic church banning peyote because it's the basis for other beliefs..

still not addressing the issue....im sure someone will think of something.

"say KNOW to drugs!"

i like that....