The Corroboree
Hagakure

Youtube vids

oh yeah!

Don't mind the advert at the end haha.

I found that video very moving. Thanks for posting tripsis. Very effective speakers. They actually had a lot of people listening. It's enough to give one a little bit of hope for the state of humanity. I can't help think that perhaps it's this kind of subversive attitude presented with wit and charisma that caused Jesus Christ to attract such a following. Today, his followers are mostly fuddy-duddies, but I reckon if you went back in time and saw Jesus speak, you'd see a lot of shit-stirring and anti-authoritarianism.

Edited by ballzac

Likewise, watching that video really moved me and almost brought my girlfriend to tears. So much of what was being said in that video is fundamentally correct and reflects the current political climate here in Australia and elsewhere in the world. Our rights and freedoms and being eroded, laws often brought in under the guise of three important, powerful and misleading labels: terrorism, paedophilia and drugs. Most people won't speak up against laws being brought in under those guises, as they fear being labelled and maligned by others. But that's the point, governments manipulate people and use fear to exert control. Getting out there, with nothing more than a megaphone, some charisma and a sane voice can get people to listen and potentially bring about change.

Afraid this is music, but I think it may be essential.

Note. I don't know if this is working. My browser isn't loading embedded videos at the moment.

EDIT: Thank you oh so very much for that post Tripsis. It is very inspiring and I will definitely take something from it! Will also show everybody I possibly can.

Edited by Sheather

ahhhh childhood memories :P

^^^ LOL

It was these sort of "Beware of drugs" episodes that piqued my curiosity as a kid.

I strongly recommend people go through the channel for the video tripsis posted if they find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cveitch

I've been going through videos in ascending chronological order, focusing mostly on the "Everything is okay" videos, and they are incredibly interesting, somewhat amusing, and outright inspiring to see.

Now I shall look up Australian free speech law to see what I may be able to do (legally)

I found this healing mantra one night and it blew me away it was so beautiful. Thankfully it's accompanied by some gorgeous images to stare blankly at. I love putting it on while I'm cooking or whatever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDUdT5z_CBU

I strongly recommend people go through the channel for the video tripsis posted if they find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cveitch

I've been going through videos in ascending chronological order, focusing mostly on the "Everything is okay" videos, and they are incredibly interesting, somewhat amusing, and outright inspiring to see.

Now I shall look up Australian free speech law to see what I may be able to do (legally)

I'm pretty much addicted this channel now. I think I've watched all of the "Everything is okay" vids plus a few others. We all know that police abuse their powers, but to see it consistently happen on camera is mind boggling. It really shows that police can pretty much do what they want without any redress on the part of the innocent victim. A lot of the police (and security guards) start off by trying to trick people into submitting. I have experienced this personally when refusing bag searches by security guards. When confronted by an individual with a knowledge of the law and a controlled but firm resistance, many of the officers follow the law. Danny is particularly good at this, and I love the way he stands up for his rights without being aggressive or inflaming the situation. In many of the videos, however, we see the police completely abuse their powers. I have not seen Danny suffer any consequences in the videos, but Charlie has obviously run into problems many times. This is in part due to his more arrogant approach, but being arrogant is not a crime and should not lead to one being arrested.

In one video Charlie is in Edinburgh, and is arrested for not supplying his name and address. The same thing would happen here as that is a requirement in Australia. He is held for several hours and summonsed to appear in court. The police decide not to press the case, and although Charlie is happy to have avoided any further consequences, he had spent time in a cell for no good reason, and not given a chance to challenge the law in court. His only crime was not supplying his name and address.

In another video, he is detained by police while documenting a protest. He is not told he is under arrest until after he has requested several times to leave. He is not read his rights. When querying why he was arrested, an officer says, "to avoid a breach of the peace". Charlie asks, "So I've been arrested for a crime I have not yet committed?" and the police officer replies, "Yes."

One time he is searched under section 44 of the terrorism act. The police searching him are clearly aware that he is not a terrorist. This is proof that these anti-terrorism laws are being abused. I don't know if this is the only time he is actually searched, but the police certainly try it on from time to time. Clearly, the word "terrorism" is used simply to give false justification to police actions. They are irritated by people who choose to exercise their rights to free speech, and they want to search on the off chance that they might find something incriminating. In 2009, over 100 000 searches were performed under section 44, with a 0.5% arrest rate (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/28/terrorism-police-stop-search-arrests). None of the arrests had anything to do with terrorism. This means that these are simply random searches under the guise of anti-terrorism. They just happened to catch people for other things (probably mostly drug possession) simply because they searched so many people.

You'll feel bad laughing at this, but don't beat yourselves up too much.

That is a shitload of cacti you've got there PD! What's the one at 3.44?

Not very good stuff to teach your kid, but i found this amusing. I don't look at every vid' posted here, so i hope that its new for this thread. I cant work out how to add it like you guys do, so you'll have to use the link.Edit:ballzac showed me how.

The Landlord....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_acGW_HDqcQ

Edited by Amazonian

:lol::lol::lol:

Thought I was all laughed out tonight, but that cracked me up even more! Haha!

Too funny, good one Amazonian!!

I just skimmed back to about a year to see if 'David after the dentist' was here, i didn't see it and it is a few years old but i hadn't seen it. I think this is funny. Is it the after effects of nitrous' or some other dental drug?

Edited by Amazonian

I cant work out how to add it like you guys do, so you'll have to use the link.

Just click on the "insert media" button. It's the one on the right on the bar that has the "Bold", "Italic" and "Underline" buttons. It looks like three polaroid photos on top of each other to me. After you've clicked it, just put in the url of the video and click "insert".

^ Done .Thank-you ballzac. That was easy.:)

I've tried to steer clear of this whole Charlie Sheen hullabaloo, but this vid was good for a laugh.

btw... Amazonian, I've seen that vid of the kid after the dentist before, I feel really sorry for the kid. I remember being messed up on prescribed drugs as a kid and it's scary. Interesting, but as he said "Is this going to last forever?".... that's not a cool place for a kid's head to be in.

Also, there's no way nitrous would have such a prolonged effect. I reckon it must have been the residuals of a general anaesthetic, possibly combined with some heavy painkillers.