The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Cannabis Microhits

The first question to ask of all the daily smokers is this:

How long does your pot last? Or perhaps more apt, how much pot do you smoke in a month (a lot of us share pot with those around us who are less fortunate so try and exclude pot you give away from your calculations!)?

A while ago I resumed my normal life after a weeklong break in the mountains. On this day I obtained approx 10g of normal commercial grade (i.e. moderately good pot) Sydney stuff, expecting it to last me a week or two tops, because I'm a daily smoker.

To my surprise, without any other herbs (incl tobacco) being added to the mix, the 10 grams lasted me almost two months!

I began to do some calculations, and quickly realised that I had been smoking no more than 500mg a day, and often much much less than that, (i.e 100mg) and that this was enough to keep me stoned happily stoned for the entire day.

How was this possible? Ultra potent pot? Hardly, Sydney commercial is often very nice but rarely that nice.

I realised it was simply a matter of ingestion route!

A bong loaded with a conepiece that could hold about 100mg of herb was my ingestion route. Usually the 100mg full cone was far too much for me. I would only pack it halfway and find myself floored for the next 2 hours anyway.

And it seemed to me that I could consistently reduce the amount of cannabis I was smoking, almost down to nothing, and I was still finding myself very very stoned.

Benefits of this technique include absolutely no tolerance buildup, reduce mental fog (more on this in a sec), lack of lung related issues that often accompany heavy bong smokers, and so on so forth.

I would like some confirmation, or even just some discussion on this topic. Is anyone else doing this? Would anyone else like to try? I think if you are a heavy smoker then you may need to reduce intake for a few days to lower high tolerance.

Oh yeah, as for reduced mental fog. I have found powdered Acorus root mixed with finely chopped Cannabis flower in a 1:2 ratio, smoked along the lines of this technique seems to reduce any perceived mental fog greatly.

EDIT: I should note the above information is completely imaginary. I refuse to break the law.

Edited by apothecary

1/2-1 Oz per week. I'm addicted to tobacco, but have never smoked ciggarettes. I get the craving for a bong instead. Also, when it tastes really nice, it's a bit like what I imagine good cigars are like, in that, I will smoke cone after cone, just because it tastes really good. Not because I need to or even wanna be more stoned.

For 8 years now, the longest I've gone without a cone, is the time I spend asleep. I'm pretty sure I wake up still stoned and go have another bong first thing (with a red bull). It's really weird though, cause if I'm straight now, I feel weirder than if I'm stoned, but if I go fishing or caving, then I can spend a whole day doing sumthing without ever thinking of a bong once.

I know I smoke too much, am tryig to remedy that at the mo' but I just really enjoy good tasting herb.

ANd fuckit, where I am, it's decriminalized. It's basically no worse than admiting got a parking ticket. Still against the law, but not a crime!

And on the topic of lung problems and such, although I occasionally cough up those oysters when I get a little throaty, but apart from the last few weeks (due to a broked toe) I do a 12km run atleast once a week, sumtimes two or three. A 12km run, takes me approx 2 hours. I'd like to see most non-smokers try that! I also do lots of other outdoor based activities and pride myself on staying fit.

Edited by naja naja

I think it is true, that the first cone gets you just about as wasted as you're going to get, the rest is merely habit. If you work attend uni etc and have the will power to wait till you get home, that one cone does more than 20 cones if you start at 6 in the morning

If you only smoke once a week, the weeds almost too strong, I gave up (daily imbibing) but still partake on occasion, If I have one now, Im a mess, can't talk, drive or really do anything productive, thats where the value for money is!

~5 grams (with tobacco) usually lasts me a week, thats including sharing with friends a few nights a week. I've been finding it harder and harder to get so I end up going a week here and there without any at all, then when I do get some more I use a lot less.

Whilst ive smoked vary little cannabis this past year, my method of ingestion is very unlike most of my peers, and very akin to yours Sina.

There are (in my opinion) two different approachs to smoking ganja, medicinal and recreational.

Aspects of my physicality that i feel smoking has helped (medicinally) include back, body and joint pain, headaches, nausea/stomach cramping, restlessness/stress, eye ache, and problems sleeping.

Recreationally it seems the only time i really 'get stoned' is if im in a social situation or craving a couple of beers (which ive been unable to drink since january). This usually happens of a weekend, and only ever of an evening... And generally its no more then 'of a weekend' or 'every now and again'.

When you have 'microhits', i.e u smoke enough for it to be active, but not enough to get too stoned, it seems it is more active on a physical level then an emotional/psychological level.

This is particularly good if u need the physical sensation for an extended period of time but dont want to become incapacitated psychologically.

Ive never been able to smoke as much as my friends without getting a headache, feeling tired, or generally feeling like shit and irritably unsociable.

Ive also never been able to interact with hydroponics..

Nor have i 'enjoyed' getting really stoned for any prolonged period of time, or with any particularly regular frequency.

So for me i usually smoke small amounts (as u said less then a cone) relatively frequently, like say once every four or so hours.

I also have never smoked bongs, and often find joints a pain in the bum cause i rarely smoke a full or even half of a well made joint. A nice small hash pipe of primo hand made hash when i feel crook and need some relief, or a nice big joint to pass around in a social situation.

Personally ive used cannabis as my main 'comfort medicine' since i was around 16.

When i was 12 i had a serious back injury, and had to learn to walk again when i was 14.

The pain associated with this injury (and recent illness) has NEVER EVER been assisted or anyway effectively dealt with by pharmaceuticals.

Ive had pain killers and anti inflammatories plyed upon me by western medicine since i was 12. And they have only ever made things worse or caused complications and feeligns of even worse health.

Cannabis has been by far and large the main medicine that has allowed me to continue to enjoy relatively good quality of life on a day to day basis.

I think alot of people don't realise how potent most cannabis really is and that it doesn't take much at all to get the desired effects. When i was smoking a while back (i have since stopped) i found that the smaller dosages were much more pleasant and much less side effects or negative reactions. Less than half a cone (in a bong) would get me very relaxed and euphoric and i found this was enough. It was like valium but better, no tolerance or addiction. One whole cone in a bong was often too stoned for my liking.

20+ grms per week for me too, Hey I just like that good organic taste ;)

Good Sativa for brekkie & lunch & a good strong indica to finish the day off & with so many strains to choose from today its like being in a lolly shop!

Guest RedHead

I think due to fat solubility, abstinence for a period requires a few days of reintroduction and then much smaller hits are required from then on.

Yeah i should have mentioned that my personal intake in australia is about 3g per week, but i have periods of complete abstinance (the last one lasting 5 months). And that when i smoke good hand made hash i generally smoke 25mg per day.

Ive also noted that people who dont smoke regularly, but smoke a decent amount when they do, have more emotional and energetic problems the days after being stoned.. Its sort of like alcohol, if u have a beer or two of an evening after work you probably wont get as bad a hang over from a big night as someone who hardly ever drinks but binges when they do.

This analogy also works if u consider the person who has a small smoke every day or second day ( as someone who has one or two beers), as opposed to someone who has a large smoke regularly (an alcoholic).

Ive been using this method too, it does get you more stoned yet able to do normal things at the same time. I still get the emotional effects hardcore, like I get home from work stressed out and a bit upset from what I have to deal with, have 1 half cone and Im so happy I cry sometimes :) . Another thing I have been using to greatly increase effect is either doing some hard weights beforehand or even just standing in a squating stance (like them karate fellas do) and holding it till its unbearable. The endorphins really make it kick in hard and fast. Just got a full glass water pipe with glass cone too and this makes it much smoother on the lungs as well. It even has a little rack type device in the stem to hold an ice cube which is wonderful at helping this throat infection I have. If I feel reckless and want to get mashed I find drinking a glass of cheap wine with a valium or 2 10mins before the first cone does the trick, often only get to the second cone before having to go to sleep in an orgasmic daze :bong:

I agree with E on the medicinal benefits, and That really is the thing I miss the most. My back is again giving me constant pain since I stopped which leads to poor sleep's headaches and up to 360mg a day of codein which as well as constant contortions in trying to find some relief :( , It really should be made available for these purposes, I wouldn't want anything heavier than codein to take on a daily basis, yet codein itself is not sufficient

I wonder if small amounts ingested would alleviate these problems without producing the inebriation?

It depends, it changes because i like to take breaks every now and again. On a normal week i will have a few sessions with mates and smoke a gram, possibly a little more. This week i would have smoked about 6 grams, as a weed lightweight this left me stoned for about 3 days straight. now ive been throught this little binge i will quit weed for a few month and then start again. Still its not like i ever stop taking mind altering substances, i just take different ones and strictly only on weekends for a while to completely clear the pot out of my system.

how much pot do you smoke in a month

very proud to say: NONE.

Thanks to the aya-spirits that made themselves accessible to me January this year, I was able to drop a 40-year-smoking habit without willpower, without withdrawal symptoms, and without substitute (for actual smoking). I honestly believe that some switch inside my brain was turned on or off, and I didn't need to smoke anymore.

However, I wasn't prepared to give up cannabis, since I find it to be the most beneficial ethnobotanical Plant, for me personally anyhu.

quite often I have cannabis-butter with which I mostly make a "herb-sandwich" or other foodpreparations, whatever comes to mind.

And it works beautifully.

In India," Bhang" has been used for 1000s of years, I believe.

So perhaps, 20 g/week of bud, or more, if less potent leaf or tip.

Leaf and tip is actuallymuch easier on the body if eaten, since you would have to smoke too much to get a decent hit.

But then again, I believe anything that is smoked, will damage one's lung.

Lungs ain't made for smoking.

Well for all of you who still have good fresh lungs, they'll last a while.

One just has to know when to stop...

One remark on the potency of cannabis: This is what makes this herb so special:

Even after having comsumed it for many years, you only need to abstain for a few days, and one little cone can get you fully stoned.

This is not so with alcohol, opiates, cocaine, amphetamines and/or what have you.

Once one has developed a tolerance to those, he or she will always need more than a "beginner".

For 8 years now, the longest I've gone without a cone is the time I spend asleep.

Every now and then I have a "cannabis-free day". Sometimes, because none is available. Sometimes even just to prove it to myself. Cannabis-free days are weird...

Plus the morning after the cannabis-free day, I get easily and unreasonably agitated and feel my blood-pressure rising. It's then better to have a sandwich. High bloodpressure can be dangerous, especially if one is over 50.

ANd fuckit, where I am, it's decriminalized

that would be cool. Why can't it be decriminalised everywhere? It's an extremely important medicine, especially for older persons.

Personally ive used cannabis as my main 'comfort medicine' since i was around 16.

how old are you now if I may ask?

Cannabis has been by far and large the main medicine that has allowed me to continue to enjoy relatively good quality of life on a day to day basis

you're not alone. in fact, there's thousands if not millions of us.

Ive also noted that people who dont smoke regularly, but smoke a decent amount when they do, have more emotional and energetic problems the days after being stoned..

withdrawal symptoms. There's no beating around the bush: Once one is used to it, one needs it.

It's just not an addiction like heroin, or alcohol, or nicotine: At the end of the road, the sceleton with the scythe is waiting for you. Not just, because we all have to die anyway, but because opiates, alc, tobacco and many other things are essentially poisons that are psycho-active at non-lethal doses.

Cannabis is not a poison, it's just a herb. The same does actually also apply to the humble poppy. It's only those poppy-extracts that are lethal. But also immensely valuable medicines.

My first girlfriend and later wife of 12 years, was also my smoking-mate. Hysteria ran in her family, and every now and then she would get hysteric fits and scream at me (and later the kids) in public places, streets, offices, pubs, whereever. When she was in hysteria-mode, sometimes it would last for hours.

The only thing that would calm her down, make her better, "turn her around" was cannabis. If she had a smoke after a screaming-fit she would recover quickly back to normality.

If she didn't she would be tense for hours and finally start crying. Please note everybody, that she had those fits even before she ever touched cannabis.

If she needed cannabis to get better, this should not be called addiction, but "treatment".

That's how I look at "cannabis-addiction" generally: Yes, one needs cannabis "to feel better".

If you never had cannabis, you would probably never feel better.

And die earlier....

You wold be suprised how many sectongenarians and even octogenerians ingest cannabis, I've met many in New Zealand, not all of the older generations are prudes!

My first girlfriend and later wife of 12 years, was also my smoking-mate. Hysteria ran in her family, and every now and then she would get hysteric fits and scream at me (and later the kids) in public places, streets, offices, pubs, whereever. When she was in hysteria-mode, sometimes it would last for hours.

The only thing that would calm her down, make her better, "turn her around" was cannabis. If she had a smoke after a screaming-fit she would recover quickly back to normality.

If she didn't she would be tense for hours and finally start crying. Please note everybody, that she had those fits even before she ever touched cannabis.

Its curious u mention this Gom. T has recently pointed out the role cannabis has in effecting blood sugars.

Im not all that down with HOW it effects them, but it seems that cannabis is a hypoglycemic.

Now i remember a good chat i had with an elder in the entheogen movement, at the time he was mediating a 'wig out' where a man on acid who had smoked a joint started getting ultra paranoid and agitated.

I explained to the elder figure that i often observed people who smoked pot on top of a strong trip to 'wig out' and asked what chemistry may be behind it.

The guy asked me for a jar of nutella which i just happened to have, and handed it and a spoon to the guy who was wigging out, and sure enough within ten minutes the guy had chilled out and was happily eating large spoon fulls of nutella and smiling and giggling (thank god he had figured out i wasnt an undercover cop) - i must have had a shave that morning :lol: ).

So, is it possible that some people have hypoglycemic interactions with cannabis, or is it possible that some people develop some dependence on cannabis for its effects on regulating blood sugars?

And is it possible that when u smoke cannabis with lsd, it can actually have the opposite effect (i.e a sudden drop in blood sugar?)

This probably needs alevel of clarification i cant bring to it.. T?

hmmm...

that getting more paranoid when smoking cannabis on top of acid, sounds very familiar...

happened to me often in my 20s...

didn't know that sugar trick but...

but I did know that vitamin C was good to help people out of cannabis-paranoia (without acid)

one time a lady who was treated with orange juice said:

"I felt like going to hospital, and all you did was give me soft drink (orange juice)..."

But it worked. And saved all that trouble with the hospital...

So, is it possible that some people have hypoglycemic interactions with cannabis, or is it possible that some people develop some dependence on cannabis for its effects on regulating blood sugars?
don't know about that, but in the excellent book Marijuana Potency by Michael Starks, he mentions that it's an Arab belief that sugar needs to be taken w/hashish to give a better stone & particularly to avoid headaches. he points out that all the traditional methods ov ingesting cannabis are highly sweetened.
Preparations for eating

It is to the preparation of this variety of product that the clandestine manufacturers have devoted the greatest ingenuity. There is a considerable number of such prod-ducts and full use has been made of sweet-making recipes.

Manzul type. About 10 per cent of charas (hashish) is mixed with oil of sesame, to which cocoa-butter is often added. The mixture is then worked into a thick paste with powdered chocolate and a mixture of crushed spices and condiments.

Some recipes use crushed almonds, pistachios, walnuts, hazel-nuts, and pine-seeds; others use nutmeg, ginger, pepper, cloves and cinnamon; others again use the seeds of celery, onion, garden cress and quince. It all depends on the social status of the prospective purchaser. It should be noted that most of these substances have a reputation as aphrodisiacs in Arab medicine.

The mixture is kneaded by hand into a thick paste, which is flattened and cut up into small discs 1 cm. thick and 3 cm. in diameter.

These discs are intended to be slowly chewed.

The Helwa(Haloua, Heloua) have a composition similar to that of Manzul. They are harmless sweetmeats, and have a large sale in the Mediterranean Basin. Sometimes chira (hashish), opium, nux vomica, cantharides etc., are added to them extemporaneously.

Ma'agun type. Synonyms: Magoon (India), Majun (Turkey), Madjun (North Africa). This type is fairly similar to Manzul in preparation. Honey is added to a mixture of chira (hashish), spices and aphrodisiacs. Then gum-arabic powder is added, until a hard paste is obtained, which is divided into pellets for swallowing.

Dawamesk type. The Cannabis tops or chira (hashish) powder are put to simmer in butter at a moderate heat. The butter is very often replaced by sweet almond or sesame oil. The mixture is then strained. The fatty extract thus obtained is flavoured with mace, cinna mon, cloves, musk or various essences. Aphrodisiacs (nux vomica, cantharides, etc.) are often added. *

Mapushari is a compound of the same kind, generally with an addition of powder and essence of roses.

The products known in various regions as Mosmok, Mosjuk, Teriaki, Banghia, Malak, Assyuni and Teridka belong to the same category.

Garawish type. This is a paste, which cracks between the teeth. Chira (hashish) powder is mixed with well-cooked syrup, opium and Datura Stramonium being sometimes added. It is scented with various essences and spices (vanilla, cloves, cardamoms cinnamon etc.). It is thickened over a gentle fire and then emptied onto an oiled marble slab. The mixture solidifies on cooling and is then cut up.

Formerly, kinds of barley sugar prepared in a similar way could be obtained in Tunis.

Other sweetmeats which are commonly sold in the Levant and North Africa serve on occasion as vehicles for the drug, e.g.:

Stuffed dates. The confectioner splits the date, takes out the stone, and replaces it by a paste which is coloured green and made of almonds, pistachios and sugar. In the illicit traffic, dates have been found in which the paste used for filling contained chira powder.

Rahat Lokum (Turkish Delight): a very common sweetmeat made of starch, sugar and water and flavoured with essences (orange, lemon, rose, banana etc.). Pistachios and almonds are added. The product is semi-soft, and is sold in the form of parallelepipedal pieces rolled in a mixture of sugar and starch.

J. Bouquet has had the opportunity of analysing three samples of Turkish Delight, one of which contained chira powder, and the other two very finely-powdered Cannabis tops.

Kiste Kibarfi, Misari, Kulfi (India and occasionally Egypt), Briji, Capsh, Ikinji and Zahra (Syria, Palestine) are forms of sweets containing Cannabis.

The above are the best known preparations. They are however, only typical recipes. No short list would be comprehensive. The makers and sellers of the drugs spend their time in thinking out recipes that will attract and keep their customers.

A. CHARNOT[29] ( La Toxicologie au Maroc, 1945) gives the formula of a Majoun-Dawamesk type electuary well known in Morocco:

Grammes:

Shelled almonds } 1,000

Shelled walnuts

Cubeb } 0.250

Nutmegs

Malaguetta pepper

Datura seeds } 0.50

Belladonna berries

Cannabis tips } 1,000

Honey

Butter } 0.500

The fruits, seeds and tips are pulverized and mixed with butter and honey.

The average dose would be about two coffee spoonfuls after meals.

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/bulletin/bullet..._4_page003.html

I am what is called a heavy pot smoker and has been for quite some time, arond 20 years or so. i started to get some bad health because of the way i used to smoke, im in europe and most of what i smoke has been maroccon hashish and other types in various qualities , also i grow pot every summer. it got so bad that i woke up at night and could almost not bread. This I belive is because of adulterance and the mix of tobacco with the hash and using large bongs to smoke. What I have done is to make oil of everything I get and then let the oil go trough a isomerization process that turns all cannabinoids into delta 9 THC and therefor getting an extremly pure THC extract and now smoke dosages on 10-20mg ,its extremly effective. I also invested in a vaporizer to 500 dollars to smoke on and no more mixing with tobacco. My lungs functions normally again and its been a long time now since i woke up with breathing problems.

How do you find the tolerance when using primarily pure THC Shamantra??

Even if it is small concentrated doses, surely daily use would build a significant tolerance not allowing the full effects the THC to be achieved?

Cannabinoid mixes, ie. flowers, hash etc. can have the slight advantage of that daily microhit smoke in that if there is slight THC tolerance, at least the other cannibinoids can come through.

I'm very curious to how the effects dissapait (for you personally) over a period of successive use, as compared to the effects from say using once a month.

I've got no experience with isomerised d9THC, but from my understanding daily use of isomerised oil would not give the full desired effect over a small period of successive use i.e 2-3days

Edited by gerbil

Hello All, Just out of interest what are allowed to have in Western Australia ?

Hello All, Just out of interest what are allowed to have in Western Australia ?

Post a (more detailed) question in the legals forum.

Post a (more detailed) question in the legals forum.

OK Creach ,How much MJ are you allowed in Western Australia - Planted or personal and are they running a Medicinal MJ program there. Hope thats enough !! Thanks. :)

OK Creach ,How much MJ are you allowed in Western Australia - Planted or personal and are they running a Medicinal MJ program there. Hope thats enough !! Thanks. :)

Well, I said in the legals forum, but I won't be too picky ;)

You are not allowed to have any. It is still illegal. However, possession of small amounts is decriminalised. It's fairly similar from a legal perspective to getting a parking ticket. You have a choice of paying a fine or attending an education/counselling session.

From the legislation (from austlii, hasn't been updated since 2004 and may be inaccurate)

(2) A CIN may be issued under subsection (1) if, and only if, the alleged offence —

(a) involves an amount of cannabis that is not more than —

(i) 30 grams; or

(ii) if an amount less than 30 grams is prescribed by the regulations — that amount;

and

(B) does not involve —

(i) cannabis resin or any other cannabis derivative; or

(ii) a cannabis plant under cultivation.

And for cultivation of plants
(2) A CIN may be issued under subsection (1) if, and only if —

(a) the alleged offence involves cannabis plants under cultivation, other than cannabis plants under hydroponic cultivation;

(B) the cannabis plants are all located on the same premises and those premises are the alleged offender’s principal place of residence;

© there are no other cannabis plants being cultivated on the premises by any other person; and

(d) the plants number no more than —

(i) 2; or

(ii) if the number one is prescribed by the regulations — one.

Edited by creach