The Corroboree
teonanacatl

Uni results woop woop

Got all of mine today :) Just hoping those who get theirs soon get what they were aiming for. So best of luck:) and those still with exams togo study hard

I spent a week at Northern University games avoiding having to check my results.

I wasn't very confident about 3 of the 4 exams I sat... with a pretty good feeling i had fucked them royally and failed.... got a pleasant suprise once I got the balls up to check.... passed everything, with a some much better then expected results :)

-bumpy

well c'mon boys...don't leave us hanging...how'd you go Teo? Any credits, Ds or HDs? ...some unis use 1 through 7 though don't they.

congratulations to all, enjoy the holidays! :)

Haha well ok wand here are mine:

- Physical chemistry HD

- Organic chemistry HD

- Marine chemistry and chemical ecology HD

- Cell regulation (biochem) HD

mixed emotions in this house atm, i got all HD's, my housemate got 3 fails and a pass so shes not happy. Though that is all she deserved and i think she is lucky to pass one actually.

Anyway my tip for those still at school or even those at uni.

- Take time off between school and uni, you will respect uni more and be more motivated.

- Go to all your lectures, tutes, pracs that you can. I dont think ive met anyone who has done that and failed. Heapsa people say to me ' but i dont learn anything in the lectures because i already know it' or my favourite ' its easy i dont need to go'. I bet 100000000000000$$$ that if these people (they normally fail or just pass) just go to the lectures then they will pass and likely get good marks. Oh and last one dont let people drag you down when they say they dont like the subject. Best cure for procrastination is starting the work you havta do.

I got pretty much the same marks in first year but im not eligible for any scholarships because none seem to go on marks alone they are all specific to age, sex, race, economic background. So if anyone knows of any scholarships for normal people doing well plz let me know.

Oh yeah, you're a normal person are you now teo? :P

Mine come out on the 18th.

My semester marks were good so I'm hoping that'll carry into the exams, but I honestly don't care what mark I got as long as I passed everything (most especially maths).

Good tips, you are indeed sage beyond your years :wink:

Much love teo, sorry we distracted you in the chat during semester but obviously not enough, you got the marks you deserve! :)

well done!!! :worship:

and I couldn't agree more...go to everything, especially lectures....I'm also a taker of copious notes...helps me to absorb information.

re scholarships...there must be something you'd be eligible for....do you mean for postgrad or honours? If the former, well, you'd prolly need the honours first, and if your academic performance to date is anything to go by, you'd blitz that and be a shoe-in for an APA (Australian Postgraduate Award)...works out to ~$370/wk for 3-3.5 years, pays the rent...in these parts at least.

but, again, congratulations Teo...what outstanding results!!!

(have you noticed how HDs become addictive...can be hard to settle for less :wink: )

Edited by wandjina

thanks guys:) couldnt have done it without ya, seriously lol. Ya wand if i got less then a D i would be annoyed at myself lol. The way i look at it is im gonna be working in this field so i may as well learn the most i can about it and expose myself to lots of it, then i can forget the stuff i dont need and remember the other stuff, its funny but i have friends who are passing but have such a limited understanding on the subject material and i just see that as a disadvantage to them.

im not postgrad yet, so still undergrad. I get by on what ive got but there is gonna be a lot of pigeon eating this semester, would be good to have that bit more to make it comfortable.

Well done Teo, you kicked my ass :). 2 Ds and a C.

I was very disappointed with one of the Ds, was sitting on 80%-90% for all my assignments throughout the semester but I must have bombed out on the exam... don't you hate that?

I was very disappointed with one of the Ds, was sitting on 80%-90% for all my assignments throughout the semester but I must have bombed out on the exam... don't you hate that?

I hate that!! I also hate it when people copy me and get better then me lol, the worst case was botany, they would copy and there was two markers, one marked hard the other easy and i would always get the hard marker and get like 4/10, 6/10 if i was lucky and the copiers would get 9 or 10 lol.

they would copy and there was two markers, one marked hard the other easy and i would always get the hard marker and get like 4/10, 6/10 if i was lucky and the copiers would get 9 or 10 lol.

:ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana::ana:

Nothing worse than marker disparity.

Queensland university uses 1-7. 1 being the lowest and 7 being the highest.

I ended up with 4, 4, 5, 6

I think that translates to pass, pass, credit, distinction.

I was very happy with my results, considering after finishing my exams I thought I had failed 3 out of the 4.

Although I am a bit bummed I only got a 4 in the subject I was confident I did well in, I guess I'll just have to take the good with the bad.

-bumpy

I wasn't too confident with my results because alot of shit went down at home, but then when i finally got the balls to check it I passed them all, so I was pretty happy. :)

Object Oriented Programming: HD

Data Communications (Networking): D

Enterprise Application Development: D

Mathematics IIA: Cr

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bong::bong::bong::bong::bong::bong:

Nice work Apo.

Let me guess, IT Data Comms major?

I was so releieved and happy today to find that i had passed all the subjects for my first semester. Even a coupla credits! I'll take te risk of soundly like dr zuess and say im Stoked I am, i am, i am.

no emoticon to describe.. hehe :drool: <this'll do :)

IT Degree, but CompSci major..didn't have the UAI to get into straight CompSci :wink:

Medicinal Chemistry II 90

Clinical Science for Pharmacy I 80

Pharmacokinetics and Biopharmaceutics 77

Foundations of Public Health 54

:ana: fuck you public health... it screws with my average but if I do not like a compulsory subject, I really have no motivation for it and I do the bare minimum to pass

I got a Credit for Business Marketing Planning Principles and a P1 for Marketing Communication Management. I was realistically hoping for these grades and am satisfied with them, considering I transferred across into a degree I'm really not interested in. One subject to go till graduation my friends!!!! :lol:

Anyway my tip for those still at school or even those at uni.

- Take time off between school and uni, you will respect uni more and be more motivated.

- Go to all your lectures, tutes, pracs that you can. I dont think ive met anyone who has done that and failed.

Umm, might be different these days, but when I went to Uni I took on 50% more load (couldn't make up my mind what to do). I passed all the boring ones (chrystallography, physics, physical chem) even though I didn't attend most lecures and virtually no pracs, got high marks in all the fun ones (bio 1&2, organic chem, geomorphology) even though I didn't attend many lectures but all the pracs, and flunked maths1 even though I attended all lectures and even tutorials. Worst thing was that I flunked maths1 twice in consecutive semesters :blush: . In fact I only passed it on the third try because I managed to cheat :innocent_n:

So, I am not sure if attendance is all that is needed. I spent more time studying for maths than for all other subjects combined and I still flunked. In biology2 I refused to go to lectures because the lecturer was a racist sleeping pill. I breezed through that just by studying from library course notes. In geology I learnt more during the (many) BBQs and field trips than during lectures and pracs.

For people with ADD or ADHD is might be better to create their own study schedules rather than get frustrated in class.

Re time off between school and uni - good idea for those disciplined enough to actually go back. I think doing one year uni and then deferring for a year is better as you get a feel for uni that way and look forward to going back.

So, I am not sure if attendance is all that is needed. I spent more time studying for maths than for all other subjects combined and I still flunked. In biology2 I refused to go to lectures because the lecturer was a racist sleeping pill. I breezed through that just by studying from library course notes. In geology I learnt more during the (many) BBQs and field trips than during lectures and pracs.

For people with ADD or ADHD is might be better to create their own study schedules rather than get frustrated in class.

At the start of this semester, I had an argument with a fellow student in my course about whether lecture attendance correlates with performance in a unit. One of our harder units (Clinical Science) had particularly good lecture notes online so he decided to skip all lectures and use the time to study the notes privately. I have yet to see his results.

IME, the lectures for the subjects that come with lecture notes are mere regurgitation and mainly important for grasping new concepts. Still, I rarely miss lectures because with the bullshit price of my masters course I calculated that each lecture is worth ~$80.

Re time off between school and uni - good idea for those disciplined enough to actually go back. I think doing one year uni and then deferring for a year is better as you get a feel for uni that way and look forward to going back.

I went to uni straight after school and took half a year off after first semester exams (mainly due to poor subject choice and subsequent poor results). Working fulltime at red rooster for that half year was enough to scare me back into uni :lol:

Congratulations to you all!

I'm so envious, I didn't finish uni twice and didn't get beyond a credit whenever I tried ( hey, it was the 80's- the whole idea of actually studying has since revolutionised higher education ) . Have attempted to study chem like five times, had extensive tuition and still anything more complex than instant coffee completely escapes me. If I had a spare life I'd spend it trying to study something pointyheaded like neurobiology.

Congratulations again, I hope you all immediately go out for long and enjoyable holidays :)

Wow!

There's a lot of grey matter on this board.

Mine didn't turn out too well but for doing 6 subjects I'm just glad i passed.

3 - Credits

2 - passes

1 - dont get results till i enrol in it next year (complicated story)

This session was actually a bit easier for me since I did 7 subjects last session.