The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo

goodbye hbwr

What do you mean goodbye?

Nice photo BTW smile.gif

Reminds me of my home in the tropics... i miss the tropics already

[This message has been edited by Fractalhead (edited 17 May 2002).]

Assasin you have us all curious, hoping the news isn't bad. Fractal, nice to hear you again, where are you these days if not in Cairns?

someone noticed! thanks fractal, i was tripping when i posted it, maybe i should have made the subject header a bit more descriptive eh

saying goodbye cause we're moving house and i have to leave it behind, it's always been my favourite plant and i've spent alot of time sitting in it's shade resting or meditating, when i'm tripping i feel like i have some connection with it... i'm gonna miss it, hope the neigbours take good care of it.

Perth got him. Rev, you'll pay for this wink.gif

what drugs are you on today darklight?

assassin - DL means that Fractal is now in Perth.

yeah, perth is too adventurous for assassin.... he merely moved up the street wink.gif

Just think, you can still see your woodrose every few days as you walk past and if you get desperate you can always creep into the yard under the cover of darkness and nick a few seeds. In fact, you should do that anyway, cos as far as I remember that first lot of seed you got was from a very potent batch.

Hi guys,

I know the feeling assassin. When we moved out of our house in cairns it was a traumatic experience leaving some of our more deeply rooted loved-ones. Meg [hi meg!!] will tell you about what lengths we went to to keep our babies 'in the family'. Still i'm curious to go back and see how the plants we left in the ground at our old house are getting on after six months. I wonder whether the new tenants even know what is right under their noses. I'd say the brugs would be the first to get hacked back. ;(.

BTW, Yeah i'm at uni in perth learning all about chemistry, biology, drugs and all things in between. I always have my eyes peeled for interesting ethnobotany-related facts, and have been picking up little topics of interest that i will have to share with you in the near future once i can make some conclusions myself... Have been so focussed on doing my best that i have been very busy. Too busy to even garden as much as i would like... but... I'm hoping to get some work experience at the end of the year doing some plant cell/tissue culture etc. BTW Big Thanks to Meg and Rev for their 'horticultural hospitality'. I will be in contact soon, Meg, about our July cairns visit.

what uni fractal?

ps theres a datura flowering at curtin uni atm

pps i got some of your hbwr growing here (still v.young) from afsr/rev. you planted any here? will they flower in perth?

[This message has been edited by SirLSD (edited 31 May 2002).]

Don't know if anyone will remember, this question goes out mainly to Darklight and torsten:

I bought a hbwr cutting of mulga at eb1, now it has prospered and taken over the better part of a tree, and also has set seed.

Can either of you remember whether mulga's strain was any good as in LSA content?

Suppose I'll find out when seeds are ready for picking, i. e. brown....

No, sorry gom, wouldn't know frown.gif

You're over at ethnobotany-australia.net too aren't you? He'll probably pop up there sooner or later and you can ask him yourself.

gomaos, Floyd and Mulga have the var nervosa strain and are probably only propagating this one as they propagate by cuttings. (ie, it's the good one)

still experimenting,but i think immature[white] seeds may be stronger.other people also recommend this.

t s t .

Hm, interesting.

Maybe I should find out.

Also, before I post a whole new topic:

What's the best way to take hbwr cuttings?

Put the cutting straight into sand/soil/potting mix, or immerse the roots to be into water with rooting hormone (clonex)and wait for roots to form, salvia style?

there should be some threads around about this. Basically they don't like it wet, so water is no good. But as there isn't really a reliable or high yielding method yet, you can experiment.

Hi Gom

Torstens right they dont really like water,but those ones I sent you were done salvia style and I reckon I have approx 80% success rate.How are they by the way?I still have one or two for trade if anyone is interested.

they're fine, in the shade house, waiting for spring...

do you think now would be a good time to take cuttings, or should that better wait till spring as well?

Guest Mesqualero

Is the one I got from you the same var nervosa strain gomaos?

I'm quite certain yours is of fractalhead's strain (north queensland)

I think you will have best results if you wait till spring.

I know this is slightly of the topic now, but I would like to thank assassin for giving me a whole stack of plants and other goodies he didn't want because he is moving.

Expect me to be giving away plants etc in the coming months as I propogate them. I will end up with too much stuff, and I want to give something away, to even up the balance because various people have given me alot.

- Yeti

[This message has been edited by Yeti101 (edited 08 June 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Yeti101 (edited 08 June 2002).]