The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sozz - to play the hypocrite and post in to a topic I'm still trying to read - but many years ago - back when you could dress up in sunglasses and bedsheets, frightening the mystified Ugandans at Marooka with offerings of wads of VeniceWhite and "Shalam Allacums" hidden in your robes like contraband - now that is ethno theft! - and losing tooth crowns munching salad bowls of it for that elusive 30mg or so of +cathicone found in about 500g of fresh. I'll never have beautiful teeth like SunriseDreaming - and he chewed pituri all the while he was "in skin"!

I discovered that "khat" is English phonetic mistranslation - the term "miraa" (pronounced like "mirror") is understood by North East Africans - "qat" unconventional in English; "gat" a failure on their part to read from left to right - is the word the traders recognize.

So please visit the following website where you will discover there's over a hundred different varieties of Catha - so called - edulus - all very different, their virtues and origins. They also reveal the enormous culture around it, all around some of the most moral and honest, Godfearing people you'll meet this side of the phenyl isopropylamine ring!

Feast your minds! Blessings to all my forum frequenting friends!

http://www.freshgat....vlet/StoreFront

damn thats half an hour of my life ill never get back

LOL @ nut, this thread has been going for ages

and you guys just bumped it.....

WOOT in the top 10 for longestrunning thread of 2012 :devil:

that site, http://www.freshgat.com/ has a range of products!! pitty they wouldnt ship to au :(

Lol, no worries Vaul ;)

i dont even rate the stuff is justa nice plant with an interesting history

Definately has some history, that is fo shizzle

Yo! Green-teethed smiling mates! Allah Ar Akba! Glory to God! Pump Up the Volume!

Sun in Gemini - Earthlings! Cosmic twins - Xochipilli and Xochiquetzal - Activate!

Pat trembles with shame, folk!, I should have told you about freshgat.com years ago! Back then they weren't London based, but e-gypsyed the equator following the market...ip.no.ing out of Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen, Mali, etc. had me worried WHAT sort of people they were!

Turned out - they're just "avid gardeners" who can't understand why is everyone against a weak, vaguely active, nutrient-rich "chew". -And I agree

We've been taught there is only the one Catha. Now we learn Miraa is not just a physically different cultivar, it's different in use, form, alkaloid deposition, ethnobotany, etc. than Coda - what is the correct way of using Miraa is not the way to use Coda...etc. Coda closer to ATT.

Fascinating isn't it? Certainly if you're new to the subject (face it - unless you're an African Camel train driver of countless generations what would we know?) their website is very informative.

Certainly there are many Aussies in London to do the legwork.

Gidday for now! And you good folk have a nice day and "really kick that shit! Mo-fo!" as you young people say!

Yo! Green-teethed smiling mates! Allah Ar Akba! Glory to God! Pump Up the Volume!

Sun in Gemini - Earthlings! Cosmic twins - Xochipilli and Xochiquetzal - Activate!

Pat trembles with shame, folk!, I should have told you about freshgat.com years ago! Back then they weren't London based, but e-gypsyed the equator following the market...ip.no.ing out of Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen, Mali, etc. had me worried WHAT sort of people they were!

Turned out - they're just "avid gardeners" who can't understand why is everyone against a weak, vaguely active, nutrient-rich "chew". -And I agree

We've been taught there is only the one Catha. Now we learn Miraa is not just a physically different cultivar, it's different in use, form, alkaloid deposition, ethnobotany, etc. than Coda - what is the correct way of using Miraa is not the way to use Coda...etc. Coda closer to ATT.

Fascinating isn't it? Certainly if you're new to the subject (face it - unless you're an African Camel train driver of countless generations what would we know?) their website is very informative.

Certainly there are many Aussies in London to do the legwork.

Gidday for now! And you good folk have a nice day and "really kick that shit! Mo-fo!" as you young people say!

nice way to kill our thread pat you old nerd!!!! geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee

Well on a more aggressive note:- you can stop people digging up your plants by burying steel caltrops in along with them. These break shovel blades and are very difficult to remove.

Specifically for 'Ethno-thieves' place pig skulls painted with Kindoki symbols around the tree and litter the ground with red stained sanitary napkins, piles of ash and chicken feathers...See I can be gross if requested!

Nice to see you back Vual. My Heimia is just setting seed if you still want them!

would love them mate, i have a few old trades i must catch up with, im glad to be back also. Very very glad :)

Not F£*#ing happy Jan. My 3 year old khat plant has been pinched. It was in a pot with other plants (somewhat concealed) under my car port which is tucked away in the corner of the property. You could only see the plants if you enter the property. Other plants weren't touched. I feel invaded apon and vulnerable. I am in a rental house at the moment with like no security. I am going to worry about my dogs getting let out or baited now, and will be paranoid over every bump in the night. If i put my plants in the house, the F%&!ers might break in and take more shit. Really F~*%ing pissed off.

I am going to miss that beautiful plant.

Very rattled.

GRRRrRrrrr

Those dirty so and so's GRrrrrrr

sorry to hear amazonian

fk that sucks amz, really bad. I hate that feeling of people being around my place, lurking looking for stuff to steal or whatever else theyre upto. Makes me feel a bit helpless.

Yeah, i wasnt happy, then to top it off, my cat left a big wet hairball vomit on my bed . Lol.

*shrugs and moves forward.

:)

get a pitbul and give it some spEEd , fucken dirty bastards. [thief] ...... ding dong u fuckers :uzi:

Grow some Calamus palms, wind them through your collection.

Great fruits and pretty plant to boot. just treat with care.

^ I've heard about those palms. Lol. Good deterent.

I wanted revenge at first, like to hurt them ( put more khat plants out (if i had any more) with razors under the rims of the pots, or something, but my rage has passed. I'm not really into revenge, be nice to get my plant back though.

I tell ya, the khat theives are so well tuned to these plants hey. I dunno how it was seen amongst other plants. There was a dark skinned door knocker the other day, you know, the ones with a folder and pen in hand. I always say "not interested thanks" and smile. Next house i'm in....big gates so the dogs can patrol the whole yard, not just one area.

That sux Amz

Revenge won't do much for anyone in the long run, like the old Chinese proverb/cliché says before you seek revenge first dig two holes.

We have an A4 sheet of paper near our front door that reads

NO DOOR KNOCKERS

Offenders will be buggered and then shot.

With a picture of a stickman hanging from a noose

OK, it doesn't really say - offenders will be buggered and then shot or have a picture of a stickman hanging from a noose (like I wanted it to) but the No Door knockers text is clearly visible from the footpath and we haven't had any of them come into the yard since we put it up.

It might be time to give the qat a miss for a while.

Them cnuts.

I wish it was still socially acceptable to cut the hands off thieves.

Not F£*#ing happy Jan. My 3 year old khat plant has been pinched. It was in a pot with other plants (somewhat concealed) under my car port which is tucked away in the corner of the property. You could only see the plants if you enter the property. Other plants weren't touched. I feel invaded apon and vulnerable. I am in a rental house at the moment with like no security. I am going to worry about my dogs getting let out or baited now, and will be paranoid over every bump in the night. If i put my plants in the house, the F%&!ers might break in and take more shit. Really F~*%ing pissed off.

I am going to miss that beautiful plant.

Very rattled.

GRRRrRrrrr

From what you've described, it sounds like it was someone you know, or someone you trusted..............even.

I know it hurts to contemplate the very possibility, but that's just life! People can't be trusted and your most trusted friends & family members will not hesitate to burn you the first chance they get...................... Welcome to the real world.

I'd almost go so far as to say that your subconscious mind already knows exactly who did it, but it would just hurt to much to admit it to yourself.

Anyway.............................. Ain't reality a cold reality?

I'd almost go so far as to say that your subconscious mind already knows exactly who did it, but it would just hurt to much to admit it to yourself.

I wouldn't take that on board Amz, not based on the thoughts of a sad,sad trainwreck

EDIT - I also cannot believe you would have a stab like that subbie with your pseudo-psycho babble.

I am pretty sure you have no idea of real life.