The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

ethnos for hard labor

just a question..

can anyone recommend a legal ethnogen that will give u lasting stamina for a full day of intensive manual labor????im finding it hard to get into it for a full day lately-must be getting old,,so yep,outta interest can anyone make a recommendation???preferably no side effects,,i used to take guarana tablets but they give me crook guts now!!!!

help out a broken down gardener..please!!

jono

mary jane with cans of v used to do the trick,,

but 4 some reason the gurana makes me sick in the guts..

khat might be of some benefit, it doesn't have side effects but you would need to chew it constantly. Khat also goes well with coffee :)

If coca plant was legal in aus i would suggest that but unfortunately it isn't :( they use it in south america for this purpose to prevent fatigue and it doesn't have side effects either in leaf form from what i have heard.

peace

Darcy, I think the question here is what do you use when you're out harvesting Kava? :D

I would defiently recomend khat or yerba mate a few cups of yerba will keep you going for hours its relatively cheap completely legal, taste great hot or cold and has most vitamins and lots of amino acid....eg it is also good for ya

I agree with Darcy Ginseng root is very good. Powdered and mixed with orange juice.

betel nut :) chewing a few every day make it more interesting.

I occasionally do months of labouring. For what its worth I go to bed early, not drink tea, get up early and smoke as few cigarettes as possible. Boring I know but it works.

I used to chew betle nut all the time when I lived in India, its def an aquired taste but it does the job.

You could buy 2 styles, one was the traditional one with betle nut and lime paste in a big leaf (bannana?) along with the ingredients of your choosing. The people I was living with said that apparently some of the traders in the street sold them with various kinds of drugs like cannabis and "brown sugar" (heroin) and opium but I never saw anything like that.

Then there was the kind I chewed which was the prepackaged kind, its sold like ciggies in little match box sized packets at tobbaco stands and was supposed to be more addictive.

There were sweet, sour, bitter, strong, weak and so on.. I hatred it at first but one of the guys kept giving it to me and I didnt want to be rude.. of course, me being me I became addicted to it.

The chewing was rife, all over the place all of the walls and corners were coverd in dried red spit, like chunky red water color had been splashed everwhere.

In stair wells the bottom half of every corner was coverd in old and fresh red slag. msot have these sand filled spitoons but there would be fresh spit everywhere but in the sand.. LOL

Anyway, Ill stop ranting.. Ive had to much coffe I think.

[ 19. June 2005, 12:22: Message edited by: AndyAmine. ]

Surely you made a typo mate? Shouldn't this be about an ETHOS for hard labour

that big leaf they used andy was it spicey? cos it was most probably what they call pan, which is the leaf of piper betel :)

well kratom is an obvious candidate - shame about its illegality.

i am going through huge amounts of ginseng recently - terrific study companion when partnered with caffine. not sure about its effects on physical endurance but the brain functions a lot clearer.

Hmmm, ya know, I couldnt tell you Teo, now I think it would have been way to small for a bananna leaf, maybe it was a beatle nut leaf.. I think it was osme kind of vine?

I used to get this wonderful lime drink over there that I have looked for ever since!

It was a sweet lime drink make from limes, water, sugar and salt and man, oh man, it was just heaven, I would kill to know what kind of lime it was.. it wasnt any that Ive seen since and havent found any solid info online

AndyAmine> could the lime have been kaffir lime?

i used to use tahitian lime leaves in thai curry dishes never realizing that the thai's used kaffir lime leaves..

the flavour is heaps better.(kaffir)

go the khat leaves jono, but your gunna need few big plants for an indefinate supply.

perhaps up your vegie intake and regular shrooms.

i always found the more i eat, the easier it is on my body for heavy work days, and fruit while i'm working, cant beat fructose for slow release energy,

or go to your local home brew shop and pick up some dark malt extract (syrup). i like to have just a teaspoon in some warm milk for breakky,

plenty of good sugar in it for power (maltose)

dont know how true it is but years ago teacher of mine suggested if your body doesnt use the remainig maltose in your blood, it is then stored in your muscles, to aid rapid recovery of muscles, and promote muscle growth.

i could be wrong, but still you can do your body no harm offering it maltose.

[ 19. June 2005, 13:43: Message edited by: jasemateau ]

the traditional betel combo is betel nut (Areca catechu) with lime (calcium hydroxide), sometimes spices, or for the more addictive ones tobacco (icotiana tabacum) all wrapped up in a pan leaf ie betel leaf (Piper betle).

There is no citrus lime in this as it would make the quid weaker. And banana leaves are pretty much inedible, esp when uncooled.

Let's not forget this is a highly ritualised and traditional thing and most of the supposed variation only comes from outsider misunderstandings. About the only real variation are the spices. The lime, nut and leaf are pretty constant (in some regions outside india the leaf is replaced with the flower from the same plant).

Kratom an caffeine combo

coca

Caapi stem bark

shame all r illegal

i would doubt very much khats potential for hard work based on my experience. its more a social chatty drug

Ephedra is ok but wears u out with extended usage

IMHO if u need to work then the top three or prescription dexamphetamine top the list

but yeah all are illegal and not easy to come by

in light of that i agree wholeheartedly with bsm2wr

quote:

For what its worth I go to bed early, not drink tea, get up early and smoke as few cigarettes as possible. Boring I know but it works.

its very very true. it doesnt make snse but us should cut out all stimulants if you want more energy

sleep regular hours and get up early. eat a fairly big nutritious brekkie but avoid greasy stuff - i eat 5 weet bix with sultanas and a cup of herb tea in the morning instead of coffee or tea

try to drink non caffeinated low sugar drinks. I alternate between teas lemon balm, roship, peppermint

or others. woud like a better selction tho

eat wholemal bread with hearty fillings and fresh greens, several pices of fruit a day, drink shitloads of clean water all day long

eat a lot but low in sugar and fat and in small portions all day long.

drink only 1 or two tea of coffee a day and save it for after lunch and prior to sunset

I felt shit the irst week then found i had a lot more energy after that

MODAFINIL?- not an ethno i know, but it might be what youre looking for...

[ 19. June 2005, 15:58: Message edited by: Thelema ]

?que?

As was mentioned earlier I think khat is pretty good for physical labor. When I was shovelling a huge pile of sand, chewing khat helped SWIM quite a bit.

I'd say dexamphetamine, ephedrine or pseudoephedrine would be pretty good for a short term needs.

Betel nuts used to help me a bit at one point but since I didn't keep using it, it musn't have helped too much. On the side note previously discussed in this topic, I've heard some islanders don't bother with the betle leafs or lime, traditionally.

I found white tea or yerba mate helpful in the mornings. To me though it was always better to do something to calm the muscles in the evenings. Otherwise I just felt my muscles getting tighter and tighter and everything got more difficult.

I used to work in a factory doing physical labor and drug taking seemed to be the norm. I remember there was this guy, who took meth and always did everything faster and better then anyone else. Except he overdid things a bit and I used to watch him come into work, jittery and paranoid. Then he would start popping valiums to, "calm himself down" in his own words.

[ 19. June 2005, 16:04: Message edited by: Benzedrine ]

Regards Rev, Jono

Yep it does feel pretty vile the first week!

Best of luck

yohimbe is very small doses is an excellent endurance stimulant - not just in the bed

You might want to watch for inappropriate side effects :D

I face and endure hard labor on a daily basis,and have for a dozen or so years.

Stregnth and endurance comes with time.

I've tried kratom and it puts you in a different place for sure,kinda lost your head space,so you forget about work and daydream and such.

However, this can compromise your safety and precision on the job.

For me,a good diet and a thermos of coffee and nicotine are all i need.

thanks everyone for the replys!!!!!

ethos is not really the question,i have laboured my entire life coming from a farming family,reading this post has really hit home the importance of diet,im a lazy eater and will usually shovell the closest and easiest thing down my gob.i think diet is the key,,however ive been working 12 hr days all of a sudden shovelling footings for brickies (where they cant fit a dingoe),(not today thank fok its pissin down...hmmmm subs.....) for a local building group(big bucks-hard on yer body) and the cold and sporting injuries are really kickin my ass and i think a supplement wouldnt hurt!!!i appreciate everyones help,,

regards

jono

ive just gotta add though,on an empty gut a few hits of mj in the morning followed instantly by 2 cans of v makes u a freakin lean green gardening machine,though its fuct for ur health i take it!!!!bloody good euphoric sorta switched on energised sorta feelin its pretty good!!!

i recommend!!!!

lol givin it up though ive kinda hit a wall with that!!!

lol

jono