The Corroboree
solomon

Help moderating my pot intake

Edited by solomon

I've smoked pot almost every day for 3 and a bit years and it got really bad where all i felt like doing was smoking pot all the time.

i really love the herb and would like to do it only every few days in order to save money, get more things done and get waaaay more baked. ..you know the deal.

i stopped smoking tobacco about a year ago but still smoked it in bongs with pot for a good 4 months after that but i realized the stupidity in this and gave that up successfully.

i've managed to now smoke it only every second day when its night time, one bucket bong with a small cone piece.

i just wanted to know what steps others in a similar situation have taken, and also if there are any herbs out there which i could have a toke on when i feel an urge to smoke pot.. dont get me wrong i dont want to replace one addiction with another but i found smoking a couple lungs of dagga helps if i get weed cravings.

Dude,

I hear your pain...

Pot used to be my best friend for years at one point... hardest thing to kick because its 'so no big a deal' and a 'soft drug'.

My method was not about willpower which was very stop and start.... weeks or months off and then back on. Using this willpower method also meant I would just substitute addictions as I would always need to obsess about something and escape with something during those stretches without....you know what I mean I am sure... we are all addicts of one thing or another, if it is not a 'substance' it will be a 'process' ie sex addiction, exercise addiction, success/work addiction, puritan living addiction, spiritual high/ meditation addiction and so forth... these are actually more insidious as people think they are being really healthy and together... 'good looking addictions' we call them.

My main method was dealing with my emotional pain/ baggage trapped in my unconscious through Cathartic style Breathwork ( Rebirthing some called it in the not too distant past). Emotional release therapy, an emotional enema technique really.....

When enough old sadness, despair, fear, anger, shame and guilt is released from the system and we get internally balanced, our external behaviours get balanced... wallaah!!! pot only if you want to give it to yourself as a treat or a choice to stop it forever. If you are unconsciously driven to outrun emotional pain and are inclined to appreciate plants than willpower would have to be very top notch to stop it for good and not substitute for something else.

The fact is if you are human, have a physical form on this plane than you have emotional trauma in your unconscious running you in one way or another

Hope this makes a difference

Replacing pot with something else works for a while but you'll find yourself smoking again before too long.

You are lucky its only been 3 yrs , its a lot harder to stop say if you have been wrenching bongs for 20 yrs...

Baby steps as they say, from joints to cookies and cake , maybe a nice green salad , omlettes are good :P

post-4908-12814277246_thumb.jpg

edit oops

chur.JPG

chur.JPG

Edited by blowng

You need support from those around you. You also need to quit for at least 3 months imo. I have lived in a similar situation, I was not "getting high" I was staying high. Put down the bong, get rid of the associated apathy, replace this addiction with a healthy behavioural addiction (for me this was a relationship)

I wish you all the best

weeds more addicting than tobacco IMO ...if you like the feeling its incredibly hard if not impossible to stop because it's a daily drug...people love to have a daily drug it becomes their best friend and they cant live without them.

I love daily drugs and can't live without them...they are my buddies just like your weed is...perhaps just live with it and enjoy it, whats the worst than can happen...

• Like 2

I conquered a 10 addiction with MJ... I found motivation to give up in the "lack" of motivation it gave me.

Me giving up was a personal choice, i had stopped enjoying it and found it a real drag.

Having said that, unless its really dragging you down and your not enjoying it theres no real reason to give it up just because you feel like you have to. There are worse things out there than a bit of grass at the end of the day :wink:

Dude Swim Smokes a 1/4 every two days.. Its a major Pain In The Butt but kicking This aint gonna be easy matter of act i have been told by a few doctors that i shouldn't stop but merely cut down to a smaller therapeutic dose but lately it hasnt been tickling my fancy so ive been smoking more..what if you soaked your stuff in hash oil or the such to make it more potent would you then smoke less? i know i would for sure but making hash oil ain't easy when heaps of product isnt available..

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

i used to smoke heaps, and giving up was one of the best things i ever did.

pots turns on you to some degree, and now with about 10 years of not smoking behind me, i am fully aware of how much it dulled my life, and how antisocial it made me, and that i missed out on a lot, when i should have been doing other things. let alone my short term memory, and anxiety issues that were exacerbated by my pot use and still an issue.

all fun to begin with, but if you get into a cycle of dependence its not fun anymore...

Cheers, Obtuse.

what if you soaked your stuff in hash oil or the such to make it more potent would you then smoke less?

one word ... tolerance. i remeber skunk kicking my arse then some time later discovering it didnt do much anymore.

cheers, Obtuse.

healthy living helps... eat, sleep and exercise well... exercise is especially good for keeping your tolerance down. change up how u take it, eating it is good as it lasts for ages and tends to be more euphoric.

thanks guys for a 19 yr old that has been smoking for 5 years your advice helps.

yeah ive noticed my tolerance levels thru smoking different bud from several different sources.

some stuff still to this day whoops my arse in one pipe but normally im smoking a gram before i even feel any different and as you said obtuse pot does turn on people soon enough..exercise daily, well i could try but like fuck im running in the cold unless its 5 in the morn and im on a hunt for a certain little bugger. any advice on diet that might help?

i used to smoke heaps, and giving up was one of the best things i ever did.

pots turns on you to some degree, and now with about 10 years of not smoking behind me, i am fully aware of how much it dulled my life, and how antisocial it made me, and that i missed out on a lot, when i should have been doing other things. let alone my short term memory, and anxiety issues that were exacerbated by my pot use and still an issue.

all fun to begin with, but if you get into a cycle of dependence its not fun anymore...

Cheers, Obtuse.

Well said.

pots turns on you to some degree, and now with about 10 years of not smoking behind me, i am fully aware of how much it dulled my life, and how antisocial it made me, and that i missed out on a lot, when i should have been doing other things. let alone my short term memory, and anxiety issues that were exacerbated by my pot use and still an issue

This was my experience as well. i was a light smoker for many years, but for some reason i went full on for a year. I got nothing done, wasted a year of my life in some ways and it wasnt even like i was getting much out of the smoke, it was like I was smoking to feel just normal rather than to get high. Before, when i smoked every second day or two it was SOOO much fun - laughing and just thinking obsecurely, but when i went hard it went kinda dark. Kinda subtle paranoid and for some reason ive never slept as well since. I forgot what dreams where like - when i smoked i never seemed to dream.

Then i developed a blood pressure condition out of the blue and even the tiniest dope drag sends my blood pressure plummiting and makes me feel very unwell so my body just said one day - you aint smoken no more mate. Had like four joints since that time (2006) and I miss it greatly sometimes but its potent blood pressure effects seem to exceed anything else for me.

centipede it sounds like you've done a great job of contolling your intake already!!!

if you have managed that much then cutting back even more over the coming months should be possible, if you feel the need.

if i could do what you've done i wouldn't have to avoid it entirely. between the two options of "avoid entirely" and "smoke bongs, forsake all else", i rate avoiding it!! life shouldn't revolve around a drug, especially one that makes you such a couch potato.

Then i developed a blood pressure condition out of the blue and even the tiniest dope drag sends my blood pressure plummiting and makes me feel very unwell so my body just said one day - you aint smoken no more mate. Had like four joints since that time (2006) and I miss it greatly sometimes but its potent blood pressure effects seem to exceed anything else for me.

hmmmm

i wonder if you or anyone can offer insight into this cold, empty, sick feeling i used to get in the solar plexus region. it was usually worse in the morning or at work, but after i started choofing for the day it kind of went away.

This might be an unconventional suggestion, but I am in the process of quitting smoking tobacco (not quitting marijuana though) and I have found that getting into drinking tea every day is helpful at least when I am at home. I have lighter, less-caffeinated white teas for right when I wake up, some darker oolongs and such for when I want a drink more like coffee, some herbal teas for nutrition, herbal teas for immune support, herbal teas to help getting to sleep, and some others that are just nice to drink like some chais and ginger teas. Then there's all the plants from the garden which are fun to make into teas. Because I have options as to which tea I want it's like taking healthy drugs and there's hardly a time when I don't have an appropriate tea to drink.

I have tried pills, gum, chemical inhalers, the patch, and licorice root in the past with not much result but by becoming fascinated with tea I think I have found a good mechanism to help myself not smoke.

• Like 1

I was a daily weed smoker in my youth... hilarious and good to 'get out of it' for a while, but then when i was running around trying to get it all the time and all my friends were potheads etc i started to not like it very much. I think I bored the shit out of my hooter smoking buddies with all my gotta stop doing this talk... eventually I started to get really paranoid when I smoked and had some really gross hallucinations, (like the skin on my hand boiling :puke: ). So around that time I turned 18 and started drinking :)

I swapped the bitch for the witch - I'm coming around to the idea that my addictions whatever they may be are symptoms of deeper problems. Dunno how I had conned myself in believing they weren't for so long really. Hmmm I think I may have been in denial lol

peace

life shouldn't revolve around a drug

amen

***totally drunk, st oned& S D'ed post***

Ok guys please let this known: that everything is a persons thing. here's heavy fucking user speaking ya,

[my friend is a heavy weight alright, mutant says, and this is all his sayings]

what are you? [no competition, justevery 25 ~30 y.o something , open up and speak up, truth is out there, that's what we're actually looking for huh?]

what I am?

me is a gnome from southern europe. booze and pot is a regular in that culture

that gnome says:

i am 30 y.o and smoking almost every day for 10 years. ok 8 or something.

this summer some friend put up a real plant, a cannabis plant, what I have been smoking for yearzzz yknow?

we've been smoking lots of this plant ['test buds'] and little from the street, these days...

TODAY

drank lots of beer meeting and old friend today [we have changed paths long ago, but like to talk to, despite huge gap nowdays], then he doesnt want continue, take him home ,

than return home, I smoke one of my own green, than after a while, some nausea settles on, I vomit a bit but I restore soon.

I smoke a portion out of a pipe full of sally-D smoke [dunno why he did this, impulsion, ways to work out friends stuff which wasn't really good? really felt like, go do it go do it!]

typical psychoactive confusion, 5min trip was typically absurd. heat, confusion. no apparent positive effect, apart from maybe some additional [to pot] anti-nausea effect.

then another smoke of my own.

which lead here, and what I have prepared and corrected so far....

and now I am writing these....

"

this is what friend has told so far...

this is a guy really into trying to control the compulsive pot use... even try to understand the mechanics of this pot 'addiction'

I am not even talking about addiction??? this is friction of truth

You know what

--salld\y d whas strange idea. but a nice one since you learn SWIMS thing from another take. and you enjoy a full on 'here's me mates thing' there's still sally afterglow, which admited, and from previous experience, this is not really good in combo with alcohol. well it's fucking great with some [a lt of beer or someting?] of it, but it's lousy with lots of alcohol. end up sedative... making it diffcult to finish the report :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

anyways... back to pot....

that fucker -this illigal friend of mine- is now messing with that stuff that it's not even dried for 3+ days or something.

they're in a way of sampling, but they were supposed [the harvested buds] to be cured for more. picking buds has instantly become a natural for him, premature buds seems to deliver one of pot's greatest potentials, when that fucking bud is a different bud from street bud, early harvest bud seemst to be 'get the fuck up man' and so. not stoney.

other than that

my man says, OK, I happened to do this this year

but

I smoke [pot] compulsively for years - I mostly do ii at night though, I don't smoke during the day, and don't like to be stoned during my work. I sure love it after alcohol session, summer afternoon --> night, rulezzz

i AM definately not the typical pothead.

I already have many hobbies and interests. most potheads dont really get on with any hobbies.

Using regularly definately seems to inhibit expression of interests and doing stuff, creaticity, initiative and leads. this is real. every pothead knows....

IMPORTANT CHAPTER

smoking cannabis makes me relatively indifferent for ladies. thankfully there's a lady now we go along, and both use.. and it rules, to be honest.

being with a lady , a girlfriend, that is, is feeling good about it and makes me forget about pot impulses.

this being said, not every lady makes me feel all good about being together and smoking green. Smoking pot and being with my lady has been a story for me ever, this proving the psychedelic nature of pot.

this lady I am currently playing with sure presents lots of ... nice things....

this is a raving, rant or whatever, and I blame my own pot crop = supposed to be test/ sample crop, but it's so fucking something.

exactly like planhelper said, and I remembered , likewise.

that early cropped stuff reminded my of similar stuff I had got in germany in 2002. I noticed it was greeny , and not skunkish pot. it fucking ruled, was not intensely psychedelic , like 'skunk' was, it was 'creative' ....

these expereriments now prove it.

but this is no a recommendation to control use right, OP ?? :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I just said I am an abuser.

get things to do, hobbies, cacti. GIRLS, but you already know that, huh?

go out to pick shrooms. go get things done...

if you do smoke a lot

you know you're already missing some stuff

even those you would be doing for your own sake mate

reduce

ok how to reduce

oih oh oh oh oh oh oi oi oi oi oi

what can satisfy the need for pot at the night you're not having it??

lots of stuff!!!

haha

*having drunk lots of booze - end ups sedative itself - but it's definately not safe overall. one must can control itself.

*smoking or otherwise ingesting tropane plants parts like datura. they can worked with

==>>>>

[dangerous if your not knowing what ya doing]

*smoking salvia coccinea/ salvia superba leaves

dagga as been almost inactive to me so far. but i did not try hard... and I never combined, and I did use the leonotis leonorus, the perennial , which is supposed to be weaker...

Edited by mutant

forgive me, huh ?

alcohol is not bad, it's just sloppy

SD is to blame too :P

farewell sab = sab is rad

thanks guys for a 19 yr old that has been smoking for 5 years your advice helps.

yeah ive noticed my tolerance levels thru smoking different bud from several different sources.

some stuff still to this day whoops my arse in one pipe but normally im smoking a gram before i even feel any different and as you said obtuse pot does turn on people soon enough..exercise daily, well i could try but like fuck im running in the cold unless its 5 in the morn and im on a hunt for a certain little bugger. any advice on diet that might help?

Try and find some full melt bubble hash.

wow this must be one of the most absurd posts of mine! Boy!

Irie,

Mutant that was a friggin awesome post!

As a daily users for the past 30yrs the only problem I've found is with it's legal status!

Respect

Z

OK from a pharmaceutical point of vew there are a few things that might help.

First is vasopressin, which might help to "defog" those parts of the pot-affected brain, and bring you into closer focus. 1 month worth of this is recommended.

Second of all, a course of selegiline for a month to restabilise your dopamine system, given, of couse, that no underlying psychosis will be set off by its ingestion.

3rd of all is getting your lipid function back in shape. To do this, I recommend daily small doses of inositol and oxiracetam/pramiracetam with phosphatidylserine plus copius amounts of green and black tea and resveratrol, pecan nuts and brazil nuts. If you start to get depressed on the inositol and pramiracetam it's because it is sensitising your muscarinic receptors, and a few kwells/ donnetab tablets should take care of this, on a daily basis.

Last of all, for sleep related probelms, which I think is the real crunch point for ex-stoners not knowing what to do at night, you need to raise your melatonin levels. The new drug agomelatine soon to be available in AUS but orderable from overseas will help you re-create the 1000X increase in melatonin that pot affords.

All in all, a repetoire of chems, should you order them from overseas, that should ease the transition and start restoring your natural brain chemistry. You will be able to get all of these through the mail, most likely. That is the usual battery of meds I recommend. And in the long run, it's about finding yourself something else to do other than smoke. Other things to spur creative thinking might help, for me the occasional dose of LSD or shrooms, even hemeia once a month, or even PEA combined with selegiline really takes me back to that creative edge without the need for THC.

centipede, how are you going with this? have any of the posts here helped you work out ways to maintain your reduced usage of pot? From your original post you seem to be saying that you don't want to completely eliminate it from your life you just want to try ways of staying on the reduced levels of using it...

Seems to me a bit like you answered your own question in the first post by saying what was already working for you :) good on ya bro.

I dunno if you grow your own or anything but when I started to grow my own weed a whole lot of the shine about it was also kinda lost - having alot of it and knowing it was always there if I wanted it also helped.

let us know how you are getting on