The Corroboree
alkatrope

EGA Bookmark Sale

Who wants a raffle when you can have a bookmark sale?!

As Entheogenesis Australis is all about learning and to celebrate the EGA Symposium 2008, we are releasing a strictly limited edition EGA bookmark. 100% of the purchase price goes towards ensuring the ongoing longevity and success of Entheogenesis Australis.

We are incredibly thankful to be supported by a wide range of organizations and businesses, who have supported Entheogenesis Australis by donating a wide range of interesting, educational and beautiful items. We strongly believe in sharing that support with the very people who support us, and as such, these donated items will be gifted to those who support us by purchasing EGA bookmarks.

How does it work?

Each bookmark contains a limited and unique number and each unique number will both

A) Demonstrate to you that you are one of a select (and much loved) group who has chosen to support EGA, and

B ) Assist us in sharing these donated items with you.

THIS IS NOT A RAFFLE, the EGA Bookmark is a collectable item in its own right and demonstrates your support of Entheogenesis, with the unique number acting like a receipt. We are holding the items below on behalf of some very generous individuals and businesses who pledged them as gifts to thank you for supporting EGA and buying bookmarks. We will be passing the gifts on to six bookmark-holders lucky enough to be selected for it.

Can I purchase more than one EGA Bookmark?Yes, of course! We personally like to read several books at once, so a bookmark for each book is a splendid idea. We are extra thankful to those who can purchase more than one bookmark, and will show our thanks by increasing the likelihood of these people receiving gifts.

When will the donated items be gifted away?

To allow for the many interstate and international supporters who lovingly support EGA each year, we will be gifting away the donated items on December 30th. Please feel free to buy additional bookmarks until that time, we will happily post them to you if need be.

How will we be Gifting the Items?

There will be one major gift consisting of at least two signed McKenna books, the bronze Lophophora, some hairdressing quality scissors and an assortment of other delectable bits and bobs. There will then be an additional five assorted gift selections to go out another lucky few. One person per gift selection, except in the case below!

One of these smaller giftings is post-event only and so only bookmarks purchased via Paypal/money order go into the running to receive this gift selection. That means you that if you purchase a bookmark now, you're going into the running for two separate giftings and could receive two sets of gifts!

We believe the EGA cat – Audrey, is the best judge of who should receive which EGA gift assortment. If she feels drawn to your name and the unique number, we will contact you and arrange delivery of gift.

Where do I get one!?

These limited edition bookmarks can be purchased online at http://www.entheo.net/2008helpEGA.htm

So get ready to help support us by buying some bookmarks, you could be lucky enough to score yourself some amazing gifts in doing so!

2008 Prize Pool

Shaman Australis Hamper

1 Sapo stick - $100

1 750ml bottle of real homemade absinthe 85% - $120

1 DVD - "Ibogaine, rite of passage" - $35

Selection of herbal extracts & consumables - $150

Native timber herb grinder - $25

Trout's Notes Some Simple Tryptamines - $48

Trout’s Notes San Pedro - $45*

SAB Seed & Plant (only) voucher - $155*

Total - $678

Books signed by Dennis McKenna - $600

Herbalistics Pack

Argyreia nervosa "Cape York" 50 seeds - $19

Lactucarium - $7

Stictocardia tiliifolia 40 seeds - $20

Wormwood Hydrosol - $7.50

Galbulimima baccata leaf powder - $9.50

Petalostylis cassioides 30 seeds - $8

Total - $71

2ft log of T. psycho0 - $60

Yowie plant - $25

3 Trichocerus seedlings (J1 x pach, pach x psycho0, bridgesii) - $30

Trichocerus hybrid seeds - $5

Total - $120 - Courtesy of PD

Hand-made bronze Lophophora - $200 - [email protected]

Happy High Herbs Hamper - $250 - www.happyhighherbs.com

T-shirt + hoody + ? by Izwoz - $200 - www.izwoz.com.au*

2 EGA09 tickets - $310 – EGA

2 Rainbow Serpent Festival tickets - $300 - www.rainbowserpent.net

Jeremy's Entheogenic Acacia Seed Pack - $50 - Jeremy J*

Hairdressing quality scissors x3 - $940 - Excellent Edges

Framed photographic print by RonnySimulacrum - $200

Salt Lamp - $120 - www.nurturedbynature.com.au

$30 Gift vouchers - $60 - www.nurturedbynature.com.au

Assorted wines - $350 - www.metierwines.com.au*

Original Mayan artwork - $200 - Kim Hauselburger

30cm T. pachanoi - $30

5 kk339 T. pachanoi - $50

5 seed grown T. bridgesii - $50

Total - $130 - Courtesy of Jono*

MEstix firestick custom made by MindExpansion - $90 - MEStix

Diggers voucher - $100 - Anonymous

Tomorrow Is Today, Australia in the psychedelic era 1966-1970 - $30 - PolyEster Books www.polyester.com.au

2 free natropath consultations (Melb) - $110 - Sam Zylberberg, Natropath

Assorted entheo info - Priceless - William P

Pharmacotheon by Jonathan Ott - $95 - Obtuse*

Official beard girth of RonnySimulacrum (consume one hair an hour before sunrise or as required) - Priceless - RonnySimulacrum

Books by and from Zuni Drake

Mermaid story books $40

Doodle/story books concerning clean water $40

Current total - $5284!!!

*Pledged but not yet in our hands / unconfirmed

Now for some pics..

_MG_8527.jpg

_MG_8529.jpg

_MG_8535.jpg

_MG_8536.jpg

_MG_8537.jpg

_MG_8538.jpg

_MG_8540.jpg

_MG_8565.jpg

_MG_8576.jpg

_MG_8570.jpg

Note - this is definately not the entire gift pool, nor does it depict what will be in each gift assortment, just a few photos of what was currently on hand! :lol:

Gifting complete! The gifted will be notified and you can check now at http://www.entheo.net/2008helpEGA.htm :)

Edited by alkatrope

im excited, the prizes for this are usually great!

If it is legal we are interested.

Just came to me, maybe I can enter this year, I will be donating another picture this year too. Donators can still buy tickets to the raffle.

The EGA raffle seems to be a Psychonaut mojo bag from hell each year, well worth getting tickets for.

:wink:

I won third prize last year B)

I'll try and come up with something to contribute :lol:

hey what was last years prizes? sounds exciting :)

Sure would, Nagual - send us an email with the details! :)

hey what was last years prizes? sounds exciting :)

* "The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, and the I Ching" EGA / McKenna $300

* "True Hallucinations" signed by Dennis McKenna EGA / McKenna $300

* "Psilocybin: Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide: A Handbook for Psilocybin Enthusiasts"

Signed by Dennis McKenna EGA / McKenna $300

* Hairdressing quality scissors Excellent Edges, Vic $640

* Shaman Australis Pack Shaman Austrlis $205

* Sticky point magazines Stickypoint $TBA

* 10 Premium wines Metier Wines $350

* Herbalistics Seed and Extract Pack Herbalistics $100

* Salt lamp and Nurtured by Nature Hamper Nurtured by Nature $120

* Blacklight active artwork IZWOZ $200

* Fire twirling class vouchers x 5 Chris $50

*Handmade Drum Mahjee Drums $500

* Rainbow Serpent Tickets x 2 Rainbow Serpent Festival $300

* Framed artwork by Wandjina Wandjina $180

* Sticky Point Magazine's Sticky Point Magazine $ TBA

* 3 echinopsis lageniformis cacti 10cm, 3 echinopsis pachanoi kk2151 10cm cutting, 1 crestate grandiflora cutting Anonymous $35

* Entheogen Review back catalogue 92-06 on CD x 5 Entheogen Review $250

* Assorted Cactii The now defunct Earthpod $150

* Assorted camping gear Anaconda $400

* Polyester Books, Sacred Vine Spirits: Ayahuasca – Ralph Metzner, Mr Nice & Mrs Marks: Judy Marks, Herbs of the Northern Shaman: A guide to Mind Altering Plants of the Northern Hemisphere: Steve Andrews $100

* Framed photographic print by Ronnysimulacrum Ronnysimulacrum $200

* 12 New England wines from Nth NSW Ben TBA

:lol:

JESUS!!!!!!!!!! THAT HAS GOTTA BE A JOKE OR SOMETHING!?!?!?!?! :drool2: fuck that just makes me wish i could get down to ega!! im sure this year's prizes will be even better (i dunno how much better it can really get though :lol:). will tickets be availble to buy online?

Pretty mammoth prize pool, hey! Hoping we can come close to matching it this year :)

Yup, tix will be available online via the entheo.net website as soon as we have sorted out what prizes we can start listing!

Here's my contribution :

The Shaman Australis Hamper

1 Sapo stick $100 [see current thread in ethnobotany forum if you want to know more]

1 750ml bottle of real a b s i n t h e 85% [my own recipe - never for sale] $120

1 DVD - "Ibogaine, rite of passage" $35

Selection of herbal extracts & consumables $150

native timber herb grinder $25

Trout's Notes Some Simple Tryptamines $48

Cheers T, awesome contribution! :lol:

Please email me when the list is final :)

I'll be donating a custom (i.e made to the winners specs) MEstix (the name i've given to this little business I'm trying to get going) firestick, postage included.

Valued at up to $120 depending on specs.

Peace

Edit: Alk, those final details are coming as soon as ive got the time, (being after next thursday) sorry man.

Edited by MindExpansion

I will be giving one of those bronze Lophophora I made for the grafting comp with a hardwood base- not sure about the value yet.

That sounds amazing watertrade and thanks so much MindExpansion, i know some of you are unable to make the trip this year, and by donating or buying tickets to the raffle you are still having a very real and important effect on the event.

Big up to Sina too, your the man. And to the big T, that always gives such an amazing donation.

I just love some of the prices, some a Random as hell and some just what us plant heads dream about having :lol:

I have been talking to Dennis McKenna and we are going to work out some more books for this year.

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

i offer one hour alone with PD in his frilly pink knickers and Mu in his new pink SILK gimpsuit.-value $33.80c

one scrote wax by retero-value $5.40.

I can donate a 2ft Psycho0 log, a Yowie tip cutting (rooted), various hybrid tricho seedlings and lotsa tricho seeds of desirable hybrids. Mite be a bit more floating around ill hafta check. I will also donate my new and improved anti incognito spray, it could save you from of a lifetime of horrendous sexual memories.

Ill email ya alkatrope when i get a list of everything together.

Much thanks, guys! :lol:

Here are my offerings :)

post-1464-1226464129_thumb.jpgpost-1464-1226464238_thumb.jpg

Log is approx 65cms, yowie is approix 22cms and the seedlings are approx 60mm tall.

seedlings are J1 x pach, pach x psycho0 and T. bridgesii.

post-1464-1226464282_thumb.jpg

inner core of the psycho0 log.

plus the seeds of course.

IMG_0432_1.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0432_1.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

What's the one on the left of the second pic PD? Is it a scop X bridge or something? It's really beautiful!

Very nice PD, your a gun.

Working on all the legal stuff to do with the raffle with alkatrope, what i can say is the draw will be after ega, legal stuff, but we hope to get tickets up for sale before then. But we can still work on getting all the cool prizes together for when we get the green light.

So good to see the community come out and donate for the raffle

seedlings are from left to right - T bridgesii, J1 x pach and pach x psycho0.

Here are some pics of J1 -

img0046yc0.jpg

img0047ph7.jpg