The Corroboree
trucha

No joke, Snu Voogelbreinder's Garden of Eden is now available

whoo hoo,sent my email off!

i highly recommend this book,have seen early copies a couple times!it seemed the most detailed reference around.

will there be copies for sale at ega?

t s t .

Congratulations Snu: It's been what, 10 years in the making?

Fourteen!

I have a copy here and it's really an amazing piece of work, so much content and detail it's definately worth getting a hold of.

Yes there will be copies for sale at EGA, and the (signed) copy I have here is going out in the EGA raffle - so I recommend buying some raffle tix if you haven't already :lol:

I ordered two. with such a sexy book the first one always tends to get sticky pages :drool2:

:lol:

guess that dos away with the collectors feel then doesn't it?

i just emailed, i can't wait to read this!

In the future, a 2nd updated edition - hopefully with colour photographs - may emerge from a professional publisher in a much larger print-run.

i was thinking ov waiting for that, i like pikchures :wub:

How likely is a 2nd edition?

i was thinking ov waiting for that, i like pikchures :wub:

How likely is a 2nd edition?

You could be waiting a few years :P

ordered mine, got a reply from Snu saying there will be a wait, but he's put one aside for me :)

A second edition with color images is not yet done and whether it occurs or not will likely depend on how well the first edition does. People should not hold their breath while waiting - especially considering how long the first one took to become available.

the nets got lots of pics......but the facts compiled in the one place ,thats snu's book!

t s t .

have arranged my copy.

Edited by t st tantra

I just received a message about this book.

too bad its an expensive printing......I really want to check this author out....but I dont think I will be able to afford a hundred dollar + volume until about a year from now...I can afford to put around 10$ away a month....

I just hope all the copies are not sold by the time I finally have saved enough cash.

I also want Jonathan Ott's latest book.....I consider myself a general book collector...though I am not concerned with collectability as I am with just having a well rounded offering. I have been waiting for Ott to product a copy of his latest book that a vegetarian would want to buy....but I dont think any were printed that dont utilize leather. I am also hoping that a cheaper version would be forthcoming.

I was lucky enough to find a somewhat cheap copy of Ratsch's psychoactive encyclopedia.....

few things irritate me more than having to wait months or years to have access to certian information.

personally I would rather just be able to buy a photocopied version of a book, created by the author of course, at a reduced price than deal with fancy trimmings.

that is why the entheogen review was such a great deal. cheap access to important information....the last thing I want to encourage is financial elitism in the entheogen scene.

anyone actually recieved this book yet?

snu is a quite well know member of the world entheo community and has been around for many years.

he has had a sample copy available at oz gatherings for a number of years.

having searched some of my plant interests in his book, i found more there than i had seen everywhere else combined.it was very frustrating not having a permanent copy for my research!

i know this book has what i cant get anywhere else,$100 no worries!i cant do without it if i dont have to.fortunately i have the spare cash though.....

t s t .

postal delivery details are apparently still being arranged but copies should be available at ega.

I just got my copy...

congratulations Snu and all those who helped this book get published. fantastic. I forget how big 500 pages is!

I can't give a review but can give my first impression - quality is a word that comes to mind.

in my library I have a few books that I consider special & I get the feeling this is going to be one of them.

first impression = very good.

& I don't think anything is lost by the lack of colour pictures. pictures are cool, but they only take up the space of quality information.

and only 500 copies of the first edition! glad I've got mine! :wink:

Edited by watertrade

My book shelf is giving me puppy-dog eyes. I might buy it a Christmas present at EGA.

is there anywhere to see some sample pages, etc. before purchasing?

i mean it sounds awesome, but i'd still like to be able to see something of the layout/content before i buy

Great book, Snu has spent years covering a huge range of topics.

You wont be disappointed, rather greatly impressed.

Get one now before the first editon is sold out.

mine is sent....usually i dont get this excited about non plant mail.....but now i am kicking the dust in front of the postman until he brings me my book :)

So would it be about $100 including shipping to the USA?

Is this a hardback book?

I'm very interested!

Hardback, yes.

The book is AUD$100 + postage.

Edited by alkatrope

postage was $40 something here (AUD$, which is nto too far from US$ now)

I'm very impressed by this book. It's amazing to see such a wide range of flora and fauna.

I'm not letting my copy leave the house, its a 'must have' I think.