The Corroboree
spiders

Any finds in aussie yet?

found some beauties in one of my favorite areas from last year, some caps as big as the palm of my hand!

found some beauties in one of my favorite areas from last year, some caps as big as the palm of my hand!

yes is a great season

i also foudn heaps in anew spot and some were also quite large

so what the hell are crix's shrooms? ???????????????????????

dont look like subs ot me

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...pe=post&id=1758

us in the more uneducated circles refer to them with much disgust as faggot shrooms....they grow around balingup and i've seen them in the garden beds of the courthouse in armadale. one of my stupider mates heard a story that they were active but only in very high doses, so he proceeded to blend about 80 of them up in a shake and chowed down whilst we stood by the phone with a sample ready for the paramedics. luckily they do a whole lot of nothing....other than give you gas that is.....:)

Crix's mushrooms are mycena - i guess its a misidentification, but they look like the mysterious 'blue-foot' mycena - that blue at the base upon injury. Ive seen a few varieties on the shroomery and I actually found heaps ages ago - never bioassayed them though - but their is speculation that some forms of mycena may contain small quantities of psilocin/psilocybin

Well i finally got a chance to get out yesterday. Just in time to catch the first flush of wavy cap subs, not much activity in other patches yet but it looks like its gonna be an awesome season.

post-1464-1146715125_thumb.jpg

Imga0019.jpg

Imga0019.jpg

I went down to a patch i found about three weeks ago that had shit loads of pins. WHen i rocked up these chick and this guy were just arriving, saw me and sorta walked a different way. I went and eveything was gone - someone had literally stripped the entire patch - there would have been fucking hundreds in there and in two days they disappear. So i walk back passed the dude and chick and smell a big one being smoked. Had a chat - apparently competition at this spot is pretty tight - the local highschool kids usually go down after school every day and strip it... :(

yeah some of my favourite patches form years ago are no good these dasy since everyone knows about them and there is ahigj school right there as well

ahh well there are new spots going this year :D

Edited by hebrew

whats the situation in brisbane??????????

some many crew with no location in profiles even state..

i was thinking of going out for a hunt as it rained 2 days ago, and the nights have been really cool.

got no idea where to start tho.

Probably not worth bothering anywhere around Brisbane.

I haven't heard subs being reported any further north than Springbrook.

The rain probably wasn't enough either.

My plan is to wait for some good rain and go for a look in the higher altitued areas of northern NSW.

Thanks for the info on the mushies guys :) Ive been doing a bit of reading but cant get much info on them beyond the feedback here and in a shroomery forum, which means a no go. Wont be taking any risks :) The general consensus it would seem is that they are mycena, which is what ppl on shroomery have said also. Good to know what is around nonetheless. Plus, i wont be needing anything more than the other lovely patch i found!

Good luck to all with their hunts. Ill be sure to post some more pics soon also.

Thanks again all,

Crix.

P5070500-7-5-06.jpg

Went for a walk in the park and left an offering to the shroom GODDESS

:)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Thats a great shot Ronny!

Hope you've had a good arvo and catch you soon, I should have run into you somewhere in that park but I think Im gunna find fungus in my house soon if chores are yet again ditched for...well for anything!

Loven all these great snaps, thanks for the inspiration.

My god do you city folk have it easy with all your "take away" facilities. All you have to do is go for a stroll to the park or your nearest shopping centre. Us poor hunters in the country have to fight our way throught bracken, blackberries and thick bush whilst trudging through the forest. At least i get fit this time of year.

anyhoo i got an email off a friend from Melbourne last night, not a bad haul, 4.5kg, but he said it was a fraction of the total that was there(he gets a little jumpy picking in a busy carpark!)

post-1464-1146990110_thumb.jpg

conna2.jpg

conna2.jpg

Edited by phleb

hey guys :)

im from S.A and have been for a stomp through some lovely wet lands and found a mushroom it looked like a yellow sponge mushroom with a browny red top

anyway i pushed it over to find that it shot a strong blue colour very quickly

has any one heard of a shroom like this before???

I went down to a patch i found about three weeks ago that had shit loads of pins. WHen i rocked up these chick and this guy were just arriving, saw me and sorta walked a different way. I went and eveything was gone - someone had literally stripped the entire patch - there would have been fucking hundreds in there and in two days they disappear. So i walk back passed the dude and chick and smell a big one being smoked. Had a chat - apparently competition at this spot is pretty tight - the local highschool kids usually go down after school every day and strip it... :(

i recently discovered the biggest patch i have ever seen (approx 800) smack bang in the middle of a school, i was amazed that is was still in pristine condition, so pristine in fact that there were hundreds of subs in every stage of development including about 400 rotting. either nobody knows its there or they arent aware that the season has started. im keeping my fingers crossed that it is the first one

this school has an amazing range of other mushrooms, what im pretty sure were some blue staining gyms (although i didnt get as good a look as i would like) and shaggy manes among many others

Edited by genki

im from S.A and have been for a stomp through some lovely wet lands and found a mushroom it looked like a yellow sponge mushroom with a browny red top

anyway i pushed it over to find that it shot a strong blue colour very quickly

has any one heard of a shroom like this before???

Sounds like the infamous blue staining boletus

sounds like the blue-staining bolete - not active Im afraid.

Do any actives grow in Sydney, this is probably a stupid question to most of you here but I have never bothered down here, most of my hunts were with friends up north and so my local knowledge is limited which seems odd as i have lived in syd all my life. The closest I have ever came to any info on the subject is a relative I have claimed to have gone hunting in the windsor region (foot of the blue mountains) and in the blue mountains a few years back (about 8-10yrs) but at that time she was fairly heavily trypted out that almost all of her memories of that period are almost all lost to the unknown (think ozzy ozbourne only 30, ahh the wonders of excess :saufen2: ).

tn_gallery_565_49_259905.jpg

hey guys, i know its a bit blury, but i found these growing on horse manure in the southern mount lofty ranges, SA. Can any of you identify these? the gills on some of them have gone dark, while others are lighter off-white.

edit: i just realised how small this image is...im not good at getting images uploading and posted yet. sorry guys, ill be surprised if anyone can get enough detail to identify them from such a small photo.

Edited by NatureBoy

here is the bigger version

gallery_565_49_259905.jpg

but its still too blurry to tell. a bit of a description and sporeprint would help. If you didnt say that they had white gills I would say Stropharia semiglobata as a wild guess. btw if you dont mind saying, where exactly did you find them? unfortunately there arent too many places we get dunglovers here

Edited by Trich-Aura

I don't mind saying where i found them. I was at an outdoor paintball range near delamere.... Probably about 10 minutes drive from rapid bay. After the paintball game i snuck these babies into a paper bag I had handy. Now they've been in the paper bag a few days all the gills are dark... but theres v. little evidence of staining any colour whatsoever.

I checked out your suggestion of stropharia semiglobata, and it looks to me like they could be it. I found this picture online: (see how the gills in the small one are closer to white, while the more mature ones have darker gills - same with those i found)

Stropharia_semiglobata(bk-01).jpg

Edited by NatureBoy

Looks very similar - but gees when i first saw those pics I thought you had Copelandia/Panaeolus cyanescens.

Ill definately have to check that place out if Im ever in the area. That is a good call on the gills, it looks like the immature specimens have light colour gills at first which darken with maturity. My field guide does not describe this feature but it may not of been noticed at the time of recording the specimens. If the mushrooms you found had that little purple stained ring that you can see in the mature specimens in the your photo then that means they have a purple sporeprint. If that was the case then I would say that would pretty much confirm the identity because the only mushrooms with purple sporeprints that look like that are Psilocybe and Stropharia. Of course it could also be Psilocybe coprophila but these are usually pretty small and no other type of mushroom grows on horse manure around the Adelaide area (i havent seen any on horse dung only cow but apparently those Stropharia are really common on horse dung).

Edited by Trich-Aura