Sign in to follow this  
NatureBoy

Tonight I melted away....

... and now I am reborn

this is how I feel

ahh, just ended the night with some awesome pizza. And i was happy to find that

the episode of the simpsons where homer goes to the chilli cookoff was on so i

laughed and laughed while i ate my pizza

i wish everyone could feel as good as i do right now...

sounds like a good night.

i love that simpsons episode, just finished watching it.

Yeah that episode is pretty funky...I downloaded it. Maybe someone should make a thread about IT. not that this one isn't interesting, just a bit short. Interestingly I also had pizza. very interesting.

thanks for sharing the good vibes NB :D

re Simpsons...how many episodes actually include references (direct or implied) to psychedelics?

Groening and Co must've been big trippers back in the day :lol:

i know, i love the episode where homer becomes a missionary on a pacific island and just goes around randomly licking toads

re Simpsons...how many episodes actually include references (direct or implied) to psychedelics?

Groening and Co must've been big trippers back in the day :lol:

On Erowid under humour there is a a whole section devoted to simpsons drug related qoutes. It's surprising how many references they make. :lol:

My favourite has always been

"Doctor yeah yeah's got me by the brain banana"

I like the Ribwich eppisode where Homer would get a buzz on and his pupils would dilate everytime he ate one, then her went on an atround the country tour following the Ribwich specials.

Im pretty sure the episode was based on the move Requiem for a Dream, very simlar, particualry the pupil thing.

Then who can forget the Tommaco episode, such a classic!

One a side note, for those that have seen Requiem for a Dream, make sure you have a look at the below link, its fuckn crazy, it does a good job of replicating whats going on in your brain during psychosis jst like the film.

http://www.requiemforadream.com/

P.S, for those that havent seen the movie but checkout the link, no, the site isnt broken, its meant ot be like that. jst keep exploring it! :wink:

Edited by AndyAmine.

Wow, that site's cool.

If you haven't seen the movie you're missing out. It's one of my very favourites.

High impact.

on the topic of drug scenes in cartoons.....

has anyone here seen the kids cartoon movie madagasca???? that has the best ketamine scene ive ever seen!! totally blew me away that they would throw that in a kids movie!!

on the topic of drug scenes in cartoons.....

has anyone here seen the kids cartoon movie madagasca???? that has the best ketamine scene ive ever seen!! totally blew me away that they would throw that in a kids movie!!

are you serious!?!

you know, i didn't see that movie becuase i thought it'd be lame... now i've gotta see it B)

Yeah that scene in madagascar is pretty weird.... as is this requiem site. has anyone been to http://www.hell.com ??? damn that's a weird site. not as weird as this one, but i saw that one first. check it out.

Yeah that scene in madagascar is pretty weird.... as is this requiem site. has anyone been to http://www.hell.com ??? damn that's a weird site. not as weird as this one, but i saw that one first. check it out.

ITS BACK UP?!?!?! i was into the 1st one, then they changed to no-such.net then vanished!! oh YEAH!!

EDIT - looks like they are rebuilding, the portal isnt up yet and no-such.com is its sister site now

Edited by Amulte

i like all your kind and entertaining posts... its funny how most of the posts are about cartoons.

Speaking of which (and cunningly tying it back into spirituality/philosophy) I have at least one friend who is into anime so much that some of the series eg. evangeleon are part of where he gets his philosophies on life

I like the Ribwich eppisode where Homer would get a buzz on and his pupils would dilate everytime he ate one, then her went on an atround the country tour following the Ribwich specials.

Im pretty sure the episode was based on the move Requiem for a Dream, very simlar, particualry the pupil thing.

Then who can forget the Tommaco episode, such a classic!

One a side note, for those that have seen Requiem for a Dream, make sure you have a look at the below link, its fuckn crazy, it does a good job of replicating whats going on in your brain during psychosis jst like the film.

http://www.requiemforadream.com/

P.S, for those that havent seen the movie but checkout the link, no, the site isnt broken, its meant ot be like that. jst keep exploring it! :wink:

Man I love that movie... and I also got the soundtrack\musical score in my collection. Soooo beautiful.

Edit: ONE little thing shits me about the movie though - the fact that the pupils DILATE instead of CONSTRICT. Geeeeeeez it's not like they're banging E.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

yeah fully,

simpsons, futurama, evangelion have definitely got some powerful metaphors goin on!

Have you seen princess mononoke, spirited away?.....all studio ghibli stuff is great.

I reckon, check out ghost in the shell, followed by ghost in the shell 2:innocence (maybe with some coloured glasses :wink: theres a total DMT moment in no. 2!