The Corroboree
devance

Mystery Walking Fish Picture

Rense is not to be believed for anything, they are the internet version of supermarket tabloids.

looks like one of those deep deep sea fish.. but doesn't exactly look like it could walk

It's the same picture..also I've read that the whole deal about "deep sea creatures" being washed up on shore by the tsunami was a hoax. They just compiled a few pictures of interesting fish.

Yeah looks likes a newspaper hoax.

A fish like that could crawl around on the deep sea bottom but couldn't survive decompression, couldn't live in fresh water and doesn't have robust enough fins when out of water. And also its the same exact picture.

Well that cleared that up fast.

The nose flap could be anything from a electrical sensory organ to who knows.

That walking fish is bizzare and to me somthing similar could possibly exist but as Apo said, Rense is a Tabloid. i got no idea if its real but i doubt if it is.

but there are thousands of deep sea creatures that cannot exist above a certain their depth, and this is why we have not seen all of them. Architeuthis is one and probably the most famous having been being recently confirmed.

Contemporary artist Patricia Piccininni is worth checking out for bizarre morphic creatures!

Have seen her work at the MCA and is somewhat off putting yet resonant in terms of what is happening with genetics and manipulation of the biological!

yf_lrg_01.jpg

sl_lrg_01.jpg

SO2image_01.jpg

Dont know if I would own one though!

Contemporary artist Patricia Piccininni is worth checking out for bizarre morphic creatures!

I saw one of her exhibitions in Melbourne a few years ago, it blew me away.

It was one of her pieces that got me onto the idea of doing soundscapes for visual artists.

Ive got this book of genetically modified future homo sapien sapiens that goes from 100 years in te future to 1000 years or so - and its quite similar - pictures of lots of freaky creatures...

you know a lot of these deep water fish come up at night to feed

they can survive coming up slowly just not fast like in a trawler

only the swim bladder has to adjust

the rest of them is like anything else - uncompressible H2O

there are fossils and i think some living walking fish anyway (they found one a couple of years ago they thought was extinct).

i dont think its that big a deal in this case.

its a really cool looking fish though - i guess they needed a big headline to go with the fancy fish. "look at this weird fucking fish" doesnt cut it in the media world.

looks very star wars to me

as for Patricia Piccininni what a trip she is - i havent seen the exhibition but have seen pictures of her work - very tripped out stuff.

It was one of her pieces that got me onto the idea of doing soundscapes for visual artists.

what did she have at her exhibition prier?

what did she have at her exhibition prier?

It was sort of like, an eye covering a wall that was occasionally blinking, with heavy breath sounds and a deep digital rumbling sound underneath that.

That's a pretty bad description, but in the flesh it was just awesome.

the fish you mention of that was rediscovered was the coelacanth

a living fossil in the lobe finned fish group

http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/coela.htm

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/vertebrates/c...oelacanths.html

also includess the lungfish

it seems the lobe fins turned out to be evolutionary dead ends in the ocean but were poised as perfect preadaptations to develop into the new land based and shallow water weedy habitats

Edited by Rev

The pic on that link also looks like one of the many freaky things that was washed up from deep sea by the tsunami.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/seacreatures.html

just on a side note, dont ever link to anything from Ebaum's world. Hew steals his content, doesnt pay the artists (even in recognition) and makes money off the site.

http://www.ebaumsworldsucks.com/