The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Benzito

Benzito's Northern tour

Hey Everyone,

My special lady and I are having our holidays soon, and I will be up in Northern NSW, and probably as far north as the QLD border.

I'm really hoping to meet as many peeps of this forum as I can, as I won't be able to make the camping trip, and I've never known a group of people who I related to as well as this mob. :)

I will be heading north from Sydney around the 21st or 22nd of December, and should be in the Byron Shire and surrounds, until the 3rd or 4th of January.

So, who wants to show me a good time? :P

Can anyone suggest a good, and not tourist-laden, way to celebrate New Years around Byron?

Are there any good doofs happening during this time?

I'd be keen to view your garden, have a smoke with you, imbibe sacred plants, or whatever you think is an appropriate social interaction.

So, please, people send me a PM and we'll see what we can organise.

I'm very friendly, house trained, and respond to the name 'Ben'. :wink:

Why go north when you can come down south to SA :D

All us adaliens will show you a thing or two about fun :D

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::innocent_n:

:saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :saufen2: :wave-finger::wave-finger: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Thanks everyone. Narayan: should I be offended, or laughing? :P

I've got a few PM's so far, and I'm getting pumped!

sometimes in adelaide, we've been know to stay up as late as 1:00 AM.

sometimes in adelaide, we've been know to stay up as late as 1:00 AM.

:D

Why go north when you can come down south to SA biggrin.gif

All us adaliens will show you a thing or two about fun biggrin.gif

uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif uzi.gif innocent_n.gif

saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif saufen2.gif wave-finger.gif wave-finger.gif

lol I don't even remember posting that last night, thats probably why you shouldn't mix xanax and wine :blush:

Hi Benzito If you are interested in partying the New Year in My Mates are having a Stomping Bush Doof in the Hills of Northern New South Wales...

Loony Tunez present a Loony New Years

Set Times

7.30-9.00 ACIDOSE (lismore)

9.00-10.30 HAINEZ (loony tunez)

10.30-12.00 CHAOTIC ETERNAL (sillypsybin)

12.00-1.30 ATOMIC VOLT (loony tunez vs polysonic)

1.30-3.00 TANTRUM (loony tunez)

3.00-4.30 FOOT-E (lismore)

4.30-6.00 KANADA (polysonic)

6.00-7.30 DOLBY DIGITAL (loony tunez)

7.30-9.00 CY (polysonic)

9.00-10.30 MESQ (hive mind)

10.30-12.00 JOLE (loony tunez)

12.00-1.30 PAUL ABAD (subterran)

plus more if we feel the need to keep rockin

Sound By: Sillypsybin & Cy Productions

Decor by: Soma Loca

Donations Appreciated

Directions: Via pm, if pm's are'nt working within the next week or two we will post a phone number or email address in which to contact.

Please bring lotsa water plus the usual essentials & a positive attitude.

NO DOGS

Here is a picture right from the edge of the Dancefloor

riverofwhitefloatingchocolate.jpg

And the Dancefloor at a Looney Tunez Party Called Shitz N Giggles

shitz6.jpg

Send me a pm if you are interested to get the details.

Thankyou to everyone who has responded with offers of BBQ's, casual meetings, sleepovers, and benders. :P

This should be a great holiday, which is starting to look more like a roadtrip!

I will start driving next Tuesday, the 20th, from Sydney.

So, anyone who wants to meet up or even just has a suggestion for something to do while I'm up north, please contact me via PM, ASAP.

Thanks again everyone, I'm looking very forward to this indeed! :D

Oh yeah: anyone who can offer accommodation, please feel free to do so. I'm sure a few beers, or doobs, could be offered in exchange... :wink:

note that Byron council has cancelled all parties and fireworks for this NYE in an effort to keep the crowds away. So if you're looking for a wild time then better make plans for somewhere else on that night. Byron will be in 'family mode'.

note that Byron council has cancelled all parties and fireworks for this NYE in an effort to keep the crowds away. So if you're looking for a wild time then better make plans for somewhere else on that night. Byron will be in 'family mode'.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Torsten...

The Gold Coast and the Nimbin dance partys will be pumping and I believe Carl Cox will be playing a set at Summerfieldayze held at the Southport Spit. looks like a blast, I always prefered chilling out NYE night and then having my fun at the N.Y day party.

Personaly, I will be on the new Q1 obervation deck watch the fireworks from all around the coast, hopefuly not to many people have got the same idea. LOL .

Can anyone confirm the rumours that Carl Cox is moving to Melbourne soon?

Wouldnt that be nice!!!

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Torsten...

The Gold Coast and the Nimbin dance partys will be pumping and I believe Carl Cox will be playing a set at Summerfieldayze held at the Southport Spit. looks like a blast, I always prefered chilling out NYE night and then having my fun at the N.Y day party.

Personaly, I will be on the new Q1 obervation deck watch the fireworks from all around the coast, hopefuly not to many people have got the same idea. LOL .

Can anyone confirm the rumours that Carl Cox is moving to Melbourne soon?

Wouldnt that be nice!!!

Some people I know saw him in a car park and started talking to him, apparantly he is moving to frankston.

Yeah, thats it, Frankston, I heard the same thing from some friends while I was in Melbourne recently, LOL, wouldnt it be funny if we were actualy in the same social groups but didnt realise it... LOL.

Yeah, thats it, Frankston, I heard the same thing from some friends while I was in Melbourne recently, LOL, wouldnt it be funny if we were actualy in the same social groups but didnt realise it... LOL.

well, you both have blotter art as avatars, so you just might :)

Okay everyone, I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

I'll probably check my PM's quickly before I leave, but otherwise, I'll be uncontactable for the next 2 weeks or so. I should have contacted anyone I know about any outstanding trades, etc, but you've got until Tuesday morning to let me know, otherwise.

If anyone does need to contact me at any point while I'm away, if you're in the area, or for something important, etc, just send a PM to Amulte, and he can forward your phone # on to me.

I feel I've really earned these holidays, and look forward to seeing some of you guys in the next few weeks.

Peace, Joy, and showers of blessings,

Ben

And the Dancefloor at a Looney Tunez Party Called Shitz N Giggles

I enjoyed the last shits n giggles alot

great installations and good music blending into great music - minor technical difficulties midway through the night but it came back with a vengeance later on.

If you havent been to a nthn nsw doof yet then make sure u do. They really do more often than not have a special vibe that i havent found elsewhere, its very morish.

if its the one going on where i think it sis then im already going as are a heap of great people

they alone will make it worthwhile

c u there

Edited by Rev

minor technical difficulties midway through the night but ...

Is that what you call the cops these days :wink:

thats what i call them when they come and then go away and the party goes on ;)

lol

nice one rev

I'm writing this from AndyAmine's laptop, as we speak, still mid-holiday.

It's been an awesome time so far! :D

Gotta thank my man Amulte for mattress-hauling good times, and shouting copious amounts of smoking! I shouldn't forget his special lady either.

Mad thanks to Darklight and her partner for a great BBQ, even if only one of us enjoyed it. :wink:

Much love to cute little Oban.

And the big T-bone, Mr. T, The Torstenator; He made an off-road trip to come visit us in the midst of the national park. Taking time out in the middle of his busy working day, and keeping me awake at the same time, cause his working day is crazy. :P

And of course, thanks to Andyamine for letting me use his laptop, and for the fun that no doubt is about to ensue.... :)

I should still be around QLD/Northern NSW until Tuesday or so after New Years, so contact one of the above people for my mobile if you want to meet up.

Hope you all had a good christmas, and you're new year's will be even better!

Peace

Mad thanks to Darklight and her partner for a great BBQ

Our pleasure :)

For those who haven't yet taken the opportunity, we strongly recommend you catch up with Ben and his missus for an afternoon and/or evening of excellent freeranging conversation on all manner of topics

And we absolutely have to thank you for bringing the rain. Eating dinner during a blackout backlit only by lightening strikes with an accompanying soundtrack of a coupla hours rain was spectacular!

You two if you have any more rain to send, please feel free to send it here :)

Okay everone it is finally over! (phew) What a great 2 weeks that was. :D

I cannot thank everyone enough for your hospitality, again;

Amulte and his partner, for some great company, a feed, a smoke and a place to sleep. If that wasn't enough, we stopped off again on the way home, for yet another session together. These are two of the friendliest people you will meet, a perfect couple.

Darklight and her partner, for yet another bed to sleep on, and yet another free feed! Not to mention for showing me her awesome, awesome lab! (How many of us on this forum have dreamt of seeing the inside of DL's lab?) :wink:

But just like every other scientist, half the work was 'top secret', for various private projects and the like. I kept her on her toes, with my snooping though. You can't blame a guy for trying can you? :D

Gotta thank Torsten again for his late night trip out into the woods to meet me. (thankfully he didn't end up in a snuff film) We chatted for hours about all manner of things. If you think this man is smart, just from his forum posts, wait until you meet him in person... I couldn't believe the stuff this guy knew! And I should also thank him for the gift he left me with, I'm sure you know what I'm referring to my man.

Darcy and I we're going to meet up, but the 'Nimbin lifestyle' left me a little forgetful, and I didn't call him when I'd promised to. :wink:

Don't worry about it though mate, we'll catch up soon. If I can get my act together. hehe

Now AndyAmine, this guy let us stay at his house for far too long! I can't even remember if it was 4 nights, or 5 nights, or a month?

Andy and his brother we're the most gracious hosts I have ever met. Catering to our every need, and great fun to chat with. They took us out on a boat for new years eve, and we enjoyed the fireworks from the ocean, it was so much fun! Andy may seem like he is a bit shy, but once you meet him, he is a great guy and actually surprisingly outgoing. He also took us to some great natural sights around the area, some of which you guys will probably see on the upcoming camping trip. Get ready to witness beauty, at these places; He has scouted out some wicked scenery for all of you.

And Tripitaka, a man who I have never even spoken to, but he still invited me around to his house. Thanks for that brief driver reviver, and the cup of Yerba Mate, very nice.

Thankyou also for the plants you gave me. I've gotta make that up somehow.

I even spoke to Jono briefly, at the SAB nursery, which I almost forgot about. Thanks to jono too. Maybe next time I'll try and organise something with you.

I am totally overwhelmed at how friendly everyone was, and the huge variety of people we met. For a group of people who seem to have so many social phobia's and other psychological hang-ups, we are a surprisingly 'normal' bunch of people.

I am going to endeavour to start meeting more and more people off these forums, because they have all been great so far!

So, thankyou again to everyone, and I look forward to meeting more of you, not to mention my next holiday. :)