The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Cadaver

Absinth Shop

This is a list of Absinthes with ratings. its linked to a german absinth forum. it appears that the first two absinths in ur link, darcy, get a thumbs down. obviously, opinions vary thou. :)

dan murphys and other discount liquor chains ussually carry absinthe.

recently bought a bottle of Pernod for $70 seen a few other brands about...

Here's a selection. the mr jeakel sells for under $40 at dan murphys.

Thanks Bacchant, I wasn't thinking of buying, just seeing if they sold good stuff or the usual crap. As you say, opinions vary, they might be someone's favourite brand :)

Thanks Bacchant, I wasn't thinking of buying, just seeing if they sold good stuff or the usual crap. As you say, opinions vary, they might be someone's favourite brand :)

mm i have fuck loads of absinthe kits that ill prob never end up using

mm i have fuck loads of absinthe kits that ill prob never end up using

Care to part with any? Often wanted to make some up... :wink:

I just made some with only wormwood, really rough but heaps of wormwood. Feels incredible! Like happiness of drinking but your supercharged and can do anything

Really? normally the amount of wormwood to produce even a threshold thujone intoxication is far beyond any amount included in any absinthe made even from the old recipes. And thujone intoxication causes seizures rather than pleasurable experiences.

for some reason i always thought absinth was illegal in autralia.

if it's not thujone that causes the pleasurable effects (other than the alcohol) what is it?

for some reason i always thought absinth was illegal in autralia.

if it's not thujone that causes the pleasurable effects (other than the alcohol) what is it?

For me it's the hype, and the placebo effect, Great stuff! Very nice high! ;)

Well most seasoned absinthe drinkers dont even believe there is an effect, but those that do attribute it to the unique mixes of fennels and other herbs.

I am siding wiht BM at the moment, kind of like Gin. and in the same way some people get a very powerful buzz from Gin.

I am siding wiht BM at the moment, kind of like Gin. and in the same way some people get a very powerful buzz from Gin.

...or like Bundaberg rum turns people into their 'animal form' like some psychedelics :D

Apparently in QLD somewhere if a person asks for Bundaberg Rum they are automatically kickied out of the pub because its so associated with anger and violence.

Apparently in QLD somewhere if a person asks for Bundaberg Rum they are automatically kickied out of the pub because its so associated with anger and violence.

hmm, haven't heard of that... I know that some trendy bars won't stock Bundy anymore because it attracts the wrong sort of crowd.

-bumpy

Does anyone know if you can get good jamaican guavaberry rum or even the commercial import 'Meyers' rum in australia? They're tops