The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Pyrolisation

I was sitting on the bus to work this morning and I overheard the following conversation:

These two guys were very eager to attempt smoking mushrooms, having been informed of the story of Don Juan.

So the night before, they had powdered a large amount of P. cubensis in an attempt to smoke it all.

Each cone was packed with one third mushroom powder, one third cannabis and one third tobacco.

By the end of 3 cones each, they were both thoroughly inebriated. Definitely not "psychedelic" but way further than just buds and tobacco could push them.

They decided to stop at that point, convinced at least that there was some merit to Carlos Castanedas story.

They measured how much mushroom they had smoked, and it turned out to only be 0.24g!

---------

That's when I had to get up off the bus, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Is this one of those things that science says shouldn't work (I mean how many milligrams of psilocybin/psilocin can be in a quarter gram of mushrooms!) but does?

Anyones input would be interesting

quote:

They decided to stop at that point, convinced at least that there was some merit to Carlos Castanedas story.

I was under the opinion that Carlos Castaneda was a fraud and did not do all he claimed ?

2b yeah I believe there's some controversy over the issue. Frankly, I don't care either way. I don't really believe in the bible and I still read that.

More info here

apothecary:

Each cone was packed with one third mushroom powder, one third cannabis and one third tobacco.

whats the tobacco for? didnt smoking mushroom taste bad enough?

i think half the greatness about castaneda was that what he wrote is so out there but is so totally possible. i dont believe he ever admitted he made it up. all part of the mystery. if you did know the secret he knew would you want to proove it to everyone or let them decide for them selves, that way only the people interested will follow as apposed to every tom dick and harry.

Could you use it as snuff ?

lol mushroom boogies :P smoking may very well have an effect, has anyone tested the by product formed by heating, or tested the heat of vapourisation of psilocybin??? i thought psilocin was the only really unstable compound?

well done but experiment is null n void unfortunately

try again

this time with no tobacco or cannabis....'

or alcohol or anything else

goes for anythings eles too..

if ur doing a serious bioassy plz stick to one drug at a time - pref in a 48 hour period

i've tried smoking cones ov pure dried powdered subs, & in the Uk cones ov pure dried liberty caps.

this was done in desparation---no buds or hash.

from the liberty caps 0

from the subs---maybe a very slight 'something' but nothing that was worth enduring the rank taste ov shroom smoke.

I had no effects from smoking cubensis.

Rev, I didn't do the experiment, it was the guys on the bus :)

How can you be sure that smoking it by itself is the only way? What if there is a synergy between the mushrooms and other ingredients that doesn't exist when each is on its own?

Do bioassays of P. viridis and B. caapi not count because they were had together?

[ 26. May 2005, 03:05: Message edited by: apothecary ]

should be interesting to add 12inches of dried spider grass root to that mix.

trout states canabis will increase the effects of tryptamines.

tobacco needs more work here for its entheogenic effects.but it helps with the burning[smoking].

i think the mix well thought out.

t s t .

Theres nothing wrong with mixes at all

and they are the logical next step

but u have to establish what they do on their own first so u can differentiate subtle synergies

like people training for wine testing who taste stuff like tannin fruit acids and alcohol to train the palate to distinguish the subtle flavours. were just doin it with the mind instead

tobacco cannabis and shrooms is kinda like mixing beer wine and mead in one cup and then trying to answer if drinking beer gets u drunk. its impossible to know.

Well if it helps, I've had cannabis on its own before, tobacco on its own before, and the two combined.

I know the effect of those two. What the guys on the bus described was something more than that. :)