The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Need to de-stress - clear my mind - any suggestions?

last couple of months have been highly stressed at work, at home, financially, etc. its like a perfect storm in some ways and no one's fault but there were nights where I couldnt sleep then id get tired, hit the caffeine and be worse...

I have a week off and the first few days I still feel a bit stressed. I was thinking I might try Rhodiola or something to clear the head for a day or two.

Any thoughts?

I know Rhodiola works well for a lot of people, but it always seems to make me more anxious/stressed/ or even angry. But thats just my experience.

At the moment I've gotten into listening to talks by Ajahn Brahm. You don't have to be buddhist to appreciate his awesome understanding of the mind, and how to quieten the unhelpful thought processes, and he has a very easy manner to listen to. If you happen to be interested, and don't already know where to look, I'll send you a few links.

All the best anyway Zen. Being stressed aint good, so I hope you find some relief.

• Like 1

Shame you can't chew some fresh salvia leaf. That always did the trick (back when it was legal).

zen, try some other pre-bedtime adaptegons other than rhodiola- (fresh tulsi leaf tea, ashwaganda root, Jiaogulan, Reishi tea).

• Like 2

Check out this link Zen http://www.mindpowernews.com/PutMindToSleep.htm

I went through a similar thing a while ago and couldn't sleep, I found that article and the first time I tried it I was pumping out the Z's in less than 3 minutes. Now I can fall asleep in less than a minute sometimes.

Once I started sleeping properly the stress sorted itself out.

• Like 1

zen, try some other pre-bedtime adaptegons other than rhodiola- (fresh tulsi leaf tea, ashwaganda root, Jiaogulan, Reishi tea).

i do attest to Tulsi Tea (i dont like it before bed, but great morning/day)

Tulsi is awesome for stress and so much more

edit: i will add that ive only had it dried.

Edited by Foo
  • Like 1

i was stressed, but then i realised fuck it,

seriously, fuck it all.

and now i'm ok.

ymmvoc.

• Like 4

river walking.. if you can find a stoney river somewhere in your week off.

works great for me, especially if you can find a river which allows you to rock hop your way up stream. something about flitting from rock to rock ninja-style, against the flow of the water, centered in totality, not thinking just moving, seems to wash stress out of my system more effectively than anything else.

i used to do this for hours.

flowing water. fresh air. stretching your limbs. bare feet. bird song. who could hold onto their stress among that?

...although nz rivers dont have crocs, or dangerous spiders and snakes. not sure weather i'd be game for this off-shore. dunno about my suggestion now.

but good luck and i hope you find what you need to zen out a bit.

• Like 4

What's been stressing u out at work?

Lift some weights, challenge yourself. You'll forget about everything and for hours after.

U could always reboot with dimitri

• Like 1

Haha. Some time alone in the bush helped me recalibrate. I get scattered when I'm working too hard and I can't unwind.

• Like 2

A simple cure for stress that works for me is Stress less! lol (think long n hard on the words stress-less) oh and a couple of bongs may help ?

Edited by briliant_botanist

Anitacetam worked wonders for me in the medium-term... that or it was a placebo effect

There is a comprehensive post about effective natural stress treatments at http://your-mental-health.weebly.com/1.html which includes aromatherapy, supplements, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, meditation, EFT, and hypnosis. Some of it follows:

Try placing your fingertips 2 cm, or 3/4 inch above both eyes, apply moderate pressure, and rub for a short time. Repeat as necessary.

To relieve stress, and tension, allow your head to drop down slowly as far as it will go, then very slowly rotate it, (without turning your face to the left, or right) keeping at maximum extension all the way. Then go back the opposite way; TAKE YOUR TIME! Repeat as necessary.

Getting out into nature away from caffeine and computers usually works for me

• Like 1