The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Have you ever met a psychopath (corporate or otherwise)

Ah to have such kneejerk reactions.

People spoil threads like this.

To people who are wondering, no I am not a "Christian".

However I am not so stupid as to throw out baby with bathwater.

• Like 1

^ obv. since it's still apparently ok for you to ref. TAZ in yr sig.

everyone keep clear of reptilians and women, totes dodge according to mycot.

(don't worry about humans... too easy to recognise)

I am reading a book about them at the moment, I will get back to at the end of the book. When I better understand psychopathy. I suspect the answer is yes. But not the serial killer type.

Edited by watertrade

this an intelligent conversation here, it doesn't need me nor you

4 me aye

• Like 1

Ahem. as far as I can see this is a thread about psychpaths and not about gender issues.

Any issues seem to be yours.

As for commentary I wasn't sure it needed commentary and was obvous in itself.

Ie that pschopaths have existed at all times in history and had been written about.

Psychopaths of whatever sex are reptilian predators on the rest of humanity and here a young man is being warned against becoming a victim of one of the female variety way back when. Pity todays young men who have no warnings given to them.

The thing is, the vast majority of people have no idea at all about these reptilian vampire predators who all leave a trail of destruction in their wake(David Icke does) or even being able to recognise them and so are easy prey.to these entities whos true nature is as Ceres says here ealier closer to that of a demon.

A lot of people just think that because psychopaths are so bad they must be easy to recognise. Wrong.

They are by and large invisible to most people and to illustrate this I point out the film Basic Instinct where I think Sharone Stone plays the part of a psychopath/sociopath quei well fooling one and all,even the "intellegent".

Is proverbs chapter 5 more about not committing adultery?? Nothing to do with psychopaths nor psychopathic tendencies. Especially not about reptillians. That is of course my own interpretation of the chapter.

??? TAZ "Temporary Autonomous Zone" by Hakim Bey.

I came across the quote on a website on psychopathy. The bit taken by itself could be taken to descibe a psychopathic relationship. As for a correct interpretation I have no idea.

Edited by Mycot

(wrong thread)

Edited by Anodyne

I get confused about the whole thing a bit. I think I have met one or two people who could be quite psychopathic in the workplace, yet go home and be tender and loving to their own family - sometimes amazingly so. I could never put the two together.

I also think I knew a guy at highschool that was a callous manipulator and didnt seem to have much use for people other than for his needs. In the end we got in a fist fight and at that time I felt he deserved what he got.

In modern western society a bit of shut off from empathy and some callousness seems traits that are encouraged for capital success. I knew a guy who was very successful in business and he said to me that he assumed everyone he dealt with in business was out to get him or rip him off and treated them all that way - brutally and cruelly at times.

And then you have real estate agents...

But you kind of get the feeling that these people confuse financial success with actually living...

• Like 2

Lately I am convinced that the world is heading in a really bad direction and I worry about it. Never in my life did I think my country would be citizened by a majority of able-bodied people that openly and proudly begrudge paying a small sum to the disabled.

• Like 5

Actually I met one in taiwan called Weyland. He and his missus really tried to shaft us royally and when I rang him after a few beers and cut loose on him he seemed genuinely surprised. Would have cost us $2,000

I get confused about the whole thing a bit. I think I have met one or two people who could be quite psychopathic in the workplace, yet go home and be tender and loving to their own family - sometimes amazingly so. I could never put the two together.

Appearances can be deceiving man. if you can sense an air of psychopathy, it is most likely carried out through every area of the persons life.. they are probably just more well-versed in building positive perceptions of themselves in the context of their own family, perhaps even so effectively that their loved ones can be controlled and manipulated covertly and have little awareness of the abnormal power imbalance which dominates their lives.

Lately I am convinced that the world is heading in a really bad direction and I worry about it. Never in my life did I think my country would be citizened by a majority of able-bodied people that openly and proudly begrudge paying a small sum to the disabled.

i am worried too. quite so. i think the best way to proceed is to be informed by our concerns but not let them entirely dominate our thought, feeling and action.

kia kaha Zen Peddler.

• Like 3

I dream of buying a small plot of land as far away from human civilisation, building a house and living off the land and having as little to do with the economy as one can have. LOL

• Like 3

One thing that I have noticed about psychopaths is their ability/need to connect with you. They can be charming/captivating or even malevolent. Deprive them of that connection/reaction and keep as much distance from them as possible. They literally feed off other people. Simplistic I know but that's it in a nutshell. However this advice is ageless "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" now this is the most dangerous form of juggling of all..

• Like 1

isn't that a bit true of almost everyone though? most of us suffer some degree of egotism and without weaving others into the mess it isn't quite valid. i still agree with you though. assuming psychopaths are more likely than others to be true megalomaniacs, then yes, delusions of grandeur require delusions of awed onlookers haha

One thing that I have noticed about psychopaths is their ability/need to connect with you. They can be charming/captivating or even malevolent. Deprive them of that connection/reaction and keep as much distance from them as possible. They literally feed off other people. Simplistic I know but that's it in a nutshell. However this advice is ageless "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" now this is the most dangerous form of juggling of all..

i agree with you mostly, but i also think *yes and no*

i have considered this alot. in all honesty i have spent more than half my life around a psychopath and learnt alot from her about how to keep myself safe.

what you say is correct, about their incessant need to connect (impose their reality onto your reality) and not allowing them to connect with you in this way is crucial, BUT you have to be careful not to polarize the situation by giving them any more or any less than any other joe average you encounter. i consider it similar to the way cats are drawn to people who hate cats. if they see that you are not willing to play their games, they will see a challenge, which (if you are not careful to be completely neutral around them) will intensify their desire to engage you.

i think a form of indifference is the most suitable state. not giving them more, not giving them less, just treat them like they are nothing special and you wont be of much interest to them.

when you find yourself in a space with them, avoid their engagement like the black plauge and they will want nothing more than to infect you.

let them be, and leave when its appropriate.

• Like 1

i agree with you mostly, but i also think *yes and no*

i have considered this alot. in all honesty i have spent more than half my life around a psychopath and learnt alot from her about how to keep myself safe.

what you say is correct, about their incessant need to connect (impose their reality onto your reality) and not allowing them to connect with you in this way is crucial, BUT you have to be careful not to polarize the situation by giving them any more or any less than any other joe average you encounter. i consider it similar to the way cats are drawn to people who hate cats. if they see that you are not willing to play their games, they will see a challenge, which (if you are not careful to be completely neutral around them) will intensify their desire to engage you.

i think a form of indifference is the most suitable state. not giving them more, not giving them less, just treat them like they are nothing special and you wont be of much interest to them.

when you find yourself in a space with them, avoid their engagement like the black plauge and they will want nothing more than to infect you.

let them be, and leave when its appropriate.

Yes I do see your point, my tactic has been to ignore them mostly, however this doesn't always work and when you mention "i consider it similar to the way cats are drawn to people who hate cats. if they see that you are not willing to play their games, they will see a challenge, which (if you are not careful to be completely neutral around them) will intensify their desire to engage you. is so true and has indeed happened.

My problem is I lack the social skills necessary to face up to a psychopath without making myself look like the aggressor/fool and them the innocent victim.

They seem to have this ability to "tune into you" that makes you feel unclean and yes "infected", with everyone else nearby completely unawares. They know just how much they can get away with so its a very subtle challenge that only you know about but would be seen as unreasonable if you reacted to it.

They always want a piece of you, something that you own, your partner, even if its just your time, they leave loss, anger and resentment behind them. Its funny what you say about cats, dogs always make a beeline to me before going to the person next to me every time. The big slobbery exuberant dogs make me wary and they know it along with those yappy little tiny phyco toy breeds that go for your ankles. Apologies if your a dog owner btw...

Dogs and people are very alike in many ways.

On the odd occasion I am a psychopath :ana: !!!

This only happens after many weeks of watching the news, sharing the road with dickhead drivers, dealing with stupid people etc................

Oh hang on, maybe I have a short fuse? Maybe I am normal :wacko:? Maybe I am human :wink:!!!

Cheers

Jox

• Like 3

My problem is I lack the social skills necessary to face up to a psychopath without making myself look like the aggressor/fool and them the innocent victim.

They always want a piece of you, something that you own, your partner, even if its just your time, they leave loss, anger and resentment behind them. Its funny what you say about cats, dogs always make a beeline to me before going to the person next to me every time. The big slobbery exuberant dogs make me wary and they know it along with those yappy little tiny phyco toy breeds that go for your ankles. Apologies if your a dog owner btw...

Dogs and people are very alike in many ways.

Hey bro, if you wanna have a chat about this sometime plz pm me, I thought about contacting ya after what I saw your post in the 'don't cha hate it when' thread recently, as I have some experience in these kinda situations but from a female perspective, I got suckered in and because of this I know some of the tricks they use. While I'm no expert, I just felt straight away that I should potentially talk to you about my experience as there were too many parallels for me to ignore. Either way tho, I don't mind not speaking to you about it, that's all g with me, but if you would appreciate a bit of insight from my hindsight then get it touch.

• Like 2

^^^ You my friend are such an awesome person :worship: !!

You seem to be so switched on to other peoples feelings & are always willing to offer support, I tip my hat to you.

Cheers

Jox