The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mimzy

Can anyone help me get my hands on a Pseudolithos migiurtinus?

As soon as I saw this little guy I knew I had to get one.

http://columbus-cactus-club.webs.com/pseudolithos%20migiurtinus.htm

This plant is extremely ancient, almost alien looking. I know they are hard to cultivate, but I'd love to give it ago. I'm not sure if they are rare or not, but if you have one in your collection that you would like to part with, let me know!

"*Pseudolithos migiurtinus

*"is a rare endemic from dry regions of eastern Somalia.

says its rare, cool looking plant! Kinda looks reptilian..

I don't have one but good luck

This is a notoriously difficult plant to maintain in cultivation. It is sensitive to over-watering, under-watering, cool growing conditions, inadequate light, excessive light, and seems to be rather selective about its potting mix as well.

In relating their experiences in growing this plant, most growers, including those people who have managed to maintain it for years, invariably end their story with the phrase "and it turned to mush overnight".

I know a guy who grows em,ill pm you mate.

Pm me.

I see these on ebay and i'm pretty sure you can get seeds easily. Just have to look around a little bit. I believe I saw seeds on koehres last time i looked through their succulent collection.

Edited by hostilis

AAARRRHHH!!! Lost an online auction for seedling today :unsure: I always wanted a pseudolithos even before I realised they were a super rare plant

The last time I was in Pasadena at the California Cactus Center, this was a couple of years or so ago, they had this species and a couple of others for sale. Rather pricey but really healthy and happy.

They might be worth a phone call to ask about availability or a suggestion as to an alternate source.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-Pseudolithos-Migiurtinus-Asclepiads-02-Free-Phytosanitary-/131105906230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e86855e36

I've ordered from this guy, He's very good and he provides phytosanitary certificates for the plants. Every plant I got from him was very healthy.

I have always loved Pseudo's, theres just something about them.. I think they have smelly flowers too, kinda like Stapeliads.

There is one up for Auction item number 271409299296 on ebay