The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

i realize it's a no-no..but

my gnome and his group of friends are REALLY harrassing me [ this didn't need to be here]

[ 13. April 2003, 08:48: Message edited by: Darklight ]

too right it's not on. but I'm leaving the decision up to the moderator. She's tougher than me

I'll lock it though.

You're right psycho0- it didn't need to be here.

And it shouldn't have been here.

No-one here has any interest in illegal activities. You obviously know better than that, but you made your choice. Using your friends as an excuse just makes you look weak

Have a two week holiday, I reckon. Bye

[ 13. April 2003, 09:01: Message edited by: Darklight ]

Have a two week holiday, I reckon. Bye

psychoo - posting privileges suspended as per above. You can still use PM and other forum functions.

Please PM or e-mail me in two weeks and I will turn you back on.

What a waste. These sort of posts are usually the beginning of the end on other forums. Why you would want to put this community at risk like that I don't understand. This was 'spot on' the type of post that will ALWAYS be deleted here.

Torsten, you surprised me by not deleting that when you first saw it. Let me guess- you needed Darklight to give ideas on possible punishment, right?

"These sort of posts are usually the beginning of the end on other forums."

Most other sites dont have the generally high level of maturity and structure that SAB has- we shall survive and prosper. From time to time I look in on the other sites and we are DEFINATLY way at the bottom of the government hit list for drug sites. Compared to the online crack houses that tell how to make meth in your bathtub SAB looks like a peaceful coffee house for intellectuals, just without the coffee. We need some coffee, wait hold on...

fullpot_logo.jpg

There, thats better :)

"No-one here has any interest in illegal activities."

Well some may have interest, but we cant do anything about it- the illegal activities being illegal and all. Thats why most of us came here, to learn how to fulfill our needs without breaking the law. :)

[ 13. April 2003, 16:35: Message edited by: Auxin ]

Auxin:

Torsten, you surprised me by not deleting that when you first saw it. Let me guess- you needed Darklight to give ideas on possible punishment, right?

Nope, Torsten has the good taste not to intefere with mods :) Tho I as surprised he didn't delete it outright as well ( he prolly felt sorry for psycho0 when I got hold of him )

Psycho0 has apologised very nicely and normal transmissions will resume in two weeks. We all make mistakes- I made a beauty not that long ago myself, and ppl here are pretty good at getting past them

If this is a tea house where is the mad hatter?? He seems to be on leave of absence!

auxin, this is a matter of moderator sovereignty, which is why I try not to interfere. Mods need to know that their decisions are not undermined or preempted.

I didn't think a few more hours were going to make much of a difference.

Guest electro

i dont know what this post was about so i'm probably rambling about the wrong thing here. (just replying to part of post above).i also appreciate the mods need to protect the community from things that could draw unneccessary bad attention to the forums...but ....

re illegal activities / avoiding them etc:

I dont know about all of you but i dont come here to avoid being illegal.

I come here in search of information to help me better understand and relate to people, the world and the "universe" as it is known and unknown.

I come here to share what i have learned and to constantly find new tools to help me in my quest.

The legality of those tools is of no consequence to me.

If someone wants to imprison me for using tools to become closer to myself, the world and others whilst respecting everyone elses right to do as they will without being persecuted for it then so be it !

At least i will have gone down doing what i believe in.

Not admitting to things or not using things because of their legal status is no way to change anything. that only stands to keep our country/civilisation is the chemical dark ages.

[ 19. April 2003, 16:12: Message edited by: electro ]

electro:

I dont know about all of you but i dont come here to avoid being illegal.

Great, that's you sorted, the other 300 or so members may have very different reasons for being here :)

Not only that, when you signed up to join, you agreed to abide by the rules, which include no posts discussing personally incriminating activities and no incriminating other ppl. The post which started the thread broke those rules and was edited for that reason

There are doubtless other sites around which are solely geared towards actively pushing for legalising prohibited species and compounds. Your enthusiasm for the process is one shared by many people and your support there would be assuredly valued

electro - I think many (if not most) of the people here feel the same as you. However, what we do personally is one thing and what we do to the people around us is another entirely. So while I have no problem with such discussion as long as it can be done without endangering this community (and me), I do have a problem when such precautions are not taken.

If this forum was set up to include such incriminating stuff then I am sure we wouldn't last very long at all. I prefer to provide a somehat stable platform with some limitations than a radical forum that disappears after a few months. One site can't be everythign to everyone. I try to find a middle ground of providing a stable site that will still be here in months or years to come - even if things get worse politically. I think it is important to have a base to radiate from and to organise from and my aim is for SAB to be just that. Politically that is just as important as being radical and making a point.

keep in mind that this forum can easily be used to promote another (possibly by nature more transient) forum, chatroom or mailing list where such discourse is legal and allowed.

The rules here are already stretched as far as we can. basically, whenever a rule is broken we don't automatically take action. We consider the posts merit and its ability to 'get away with it'. Mods and admin often discuss posts at length before making a decision. We are constantly walking that fine line, but essentially the final decision has to lie with the mods and admin as they are ultimately responsible. Bottom line is that asking for pot cuttings or where to score acid blotters is simply not somethign that helps this forum or anyone on it (except the person trying to score). I very much doubt that you (electro) would appreciate this forum to become a trading forum for acid and pot. Regardless of your legal beliefs, this is surely not a desirable concept. So unless you firmly believe that we should be trading acid and pot here, i suggest that criticism of our policies is retained for another time

Guest electro

Torsten my intention was not to criticise the policies in place here. By contrast i believe these forums to be the most informative and non biased forums available to the world, due mainly to the moderators and secondly to the maturity level of the members. Not only that but they are used in a responsible maner, as opposed to the many "lets get fucked up" sites around.

Also i would hate to see sab become a playground for pot swapping or acid trading.

My original post was in reply to Auxin's "Well some may have interest, but we cant do anything about it- the illegal activities being illegal and all. Thats why most of us came here, to learn how to fulfill our needs without breaking the law." and had nothing to do with the original post. (i thought it unnecessary to start a new thread to reply though, sorry). This is what brought about the issue of legalisation/whats next on the list to make illegal. This issue affects all of us and is not one to ba taken lightly. It is only something that as a community we can approach. If here is not the place then i apologise, it is however something all in the enthobotany community must address. If you wish for me to not speak of things as controvercial though, email me or just give me a quick reply and i will cease.

Darklight, to assume that my enthusiasm is solely toward legalisation is slightly offensive. legalisation is slight obsticle in the way of my spiritual journey of self actualisation[and beyond]and nothing more. I am just being realistic and voicing my opinions.

if people are too afraid to voice such things then the community is robbed of a voice....

electro:

Darklight, to assume that my enthusiasm is solely toward legalisation is slightly offensive

I wasn't assuming you were hell bent on changing the laws, I was being obnoxious cos I assumed you were having a dig at me censoring the post, on which grounds I was incorrect and I apologise for that.

Kiss and make-up? No mascara for me tho, thanks :)

Where is CS when you need him, I need to lighten up...

LOL. Looks like DL and I both got the message wrong.

Funny thing is that I myself actually took exception to what auxin said, but didn't bother posting about it cos this thread was getting messy already. So in fact there is no disagreement at all.

If you wish for me to not speak of things as controvercial though, email me or just give me a quick reply and i will cease.

We never shy away from a controversial issue and certainly would not limit anyone posting about it. My comment about "that criticism of our policies is retained for another time " was in jest (hence the winky). What I meant is that there are many censorship discussions that are much more worthwhile than the promotion of an acid & pot swap forum. But as your post had nothing to do with that anyway the whole thing didn't make any sense.

Oh what a lovely mess of misunderstandings

Let's start again.....

Torsten:

Let's start again.....

Let's not... that was the bit I had to edit LOL

Guest electro

*nods* fair enough :)

sorry to have caused any confusion.

hey someone deleted all of my replies in this post.

shaman- geezer- i've been to many places ov production & lived around users ov smack in europe, but i've never seen street markets ov such blatentcy/quality as here.

basically- if you can't find smack here, you wont find it anywhere.

i totally realise you were joking- i just find it amazing.

No idea how that happened Thel, I'll check it out