The Corroboree
PhoenixSon

New QLD VLAD legislation- not just about 'bikies'

Yeah mate, writing letters is a good start - write as many as you can to as many relevant people - for example, if you're concerned about what Campbell Newman is doing in QLD, you can write to Campbell Newman's office, and to the the Governor of QLD's office (the governor has the power to appoint and dismiss premiers) voicing your concerns.

This. This is true. This is the truest thing about the campaign against the VLAD laws right now. This is working. Please do this.

Yes I know it doesn't feel like much, let alone enough, but it is chipping away. The fight against the VLAD stupidity will not be a short fight. It will be long and boring for a fair while. But also we have avoided playing into their hands thus far by failing to give them the opportunity they expected- to justify their laws by a use of physical force when people congregate actively.

Which may come in time. But not yet

The only way the law can be overturned is by a challenge in the highest courts. Which will not be quick, or cheap. It will be boring, and it will require a lot of money and goodwill, including that of the person who is locked up for the duration as the test case

This is a big list of things to give you some ideas as well: http://activistshandbook.wordpress.com/

I read some of that, I want to punch whoever wrote that in the mouth. It's a smug little diatribe which sounds like it was written by some yuppie's kid sitting in his parent's house.

I can almost imagine the homeless person he tells everyone to befriend shivering in the morning cold thinking " Oh no, the little prick is coming *back* dear god makeitstop "

It actually sounds like it was written by the opposition as part of a disinformation campaign

I mean, how puritanical is this?

256: Avoid vanities in your life, avoid vacations and any sense of ‘fun’, all ‘fun’ is laced with capitalist materialism and narcissism.

I know you meant well by posting it and there are a few good things in it. But overall it's a joyless piece of spite

I prefer Emma Goldman: "If I can't dance, I don't want to be in your revolution"

But the state is probably the closest thing I have to an enemy..besides that guy who sold me the dodgy whipper snipper :lol:

Gold :)

• Like 1

I read some of that, I want to punch whoever wrote that in the mouth. It's a smug little diatribe which sounds like it was written by some yuppie's kid sitting in his parent's house.

I can almost imagine the homeless person he tells everyone to befriend shivering in the morning cold thinking " Oh no, the little prick is coming *back* dear god makeitstop "

It actually sounds like it was written by the opposition as part of a disinformation campaign

I mean, how puritanical is this?

256: Avoid vanities in your life, avoid vacations and any sense of ‘fun’, all ‘fun’ is laced with capitalist materialism and narcissism.

I know you meant well by posting it and there are a few good things in it. But overall it's a joyless piece of spite

Yeah fair enough I guess...like I said, I only posted it after a quick Google search as a brainstorming point - something to get ideas from. I didn't actually read much of it, let alone recommend it wholesale.

It probably is crap overall, like 99% of the internet. But it has suggestions like letter-writing and stuff that are a good starting point. And by all means, if you have a better source for ideas chuck it up. I was only throwing stuff out there off the top of my head.

But it has suggestions like letter-writing and stuff that are a good starting point. And by all means, if you have a better source for ideas chuck it up. I was only throwing stuff out there off the top of my head.

Nah don't fret, I've done similar. Now I try to always read and check the source document before I post a link, have made some right doozies in the past :)

The letter/ email/ facebook writing is what's working *now*, so I'm glad it's not just me encouraging that. If you live, work, travel or invest in QLD- especially the first two- contact the relevant state member, the Premier or the Attourney General and let them know what you think of the situation

Check your facts before writing, if you need clarification- ask. Facts are the best weapon against them- that and the refusal to give up when it gets boring. Keep it polite. The QLD governments image of us is not much more than illiterate peasants who will suck it up no matter what. Give them the knowledge we aren't

I can put a contact list up here to save you time and help you focus

• Like 1

Here is a good list of places and people to start.

Queensland Contacts

Premier – Campbell Newman

Twitter: @theqldpremier

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/campbell.newman?fref=ts

Address: PO Box 15185
City East Queensland 4002

Phone: 07 3224 4500

Email: [email protected]; [email protected]

Attorney General – Jarrod Bleijie

Twitter: @JarrodBleijieMP

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jarrod.bleijie?fref=ts

Postal address: GPO Box 149

Brisbane QLD 4001
Phone: (07) 3247 9068

Fax: (07) 3221 4352
Email: [email protected]

POLICE MINISTER - JACK DEMPSEY

Twitter: @JackDempseyMP

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JackDempseyMP?fref=ts
Ministerial Postal Address: PO Box 15195

CITY EAST QLD 4002
Phone: 07 3239 0199

Fax: 07 3221 9987

Chamber of Commerce and Industry

Twitter: @CCIQLD

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CCIQLD

Online contact: http://www.cciq.com.au/contact/

Address: Industry House
375 Wickham Terrace
Brisbane, QLD 4000

Phone: 1300 731 988

Tourism and Events Queensland

Twitter: @teqld @Queensland #thisisqueensland

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/visitqueensland

Online Contact: http://www.tq.com.au/news-room/contact-us/contact-us_home.cfm

Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games: Jann Stuckey MP
Ministerial Postal Address: GPO Box 1141

BRISBANE QLD 4001

Phone: 07 3224 2004

Fax: 07 3003 0229

Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing- Steven Dickson MP

Ministerial Postal Address: PO Box 15187

CITY EAST QLD 4002
Phone: 07 3224 7477
Fax: 07 3012 7725

Miscellaneous

@QGovMedia
@qldplan
@lnpqld

@clivefpalmer

Media

@couriermail

@brisbanetimes

@tennewsqld

@7NewsBrisbane

@9NewsBrisbane

@612brisbane

@4zzznews

@SkyNewsAust

@pmonair

#VLAD

#Qldpol

#bikieQLD

• Like 3

^ This is absolutely fantastic stuff - It really feels like some positive moves can be made. Reading all the posts and the comments, I was feeling helpless and angry that there's nothing we can do. I don't even live in QLD, but I do live in Australia, and I think we all need to stand together and scream!

• Like 1

Here is a link to yesterday's excellent interview on 4ZZZ about how the VLAD law potentially affects ordinary QLD citizens and visitors.

It's almost 20 minutes, but is worth a listen. It explains everything really well, and streams easily on my slow broadband connection

http://www.4zzzfm.org.au/sites/default/files/news_package/vlad_g20_1.mp3

The scope for abuse of this law is horrendous, and is already impacting on family gatherings, people's employment and future opportunities.

• Like 1

The ugly, stupid shit coming from QLD doesn't take a holiday over the new year break:

Given that the definition of association is extremely loose, and that there is no cutoff point for having been a member of a declared organisation ( if you joined in 1972 for three years and quit, the QLD govt still considers you an active member of the organisation ) and given... ah fuggit, the number of things wrong with this legislation, the associated legislation and the practices which are being used to 'enforce' it...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/newman-governments-bikie-crackdown-to-target-public-servants-with-links-to-gangs/story-fnihsrf2-1226794620497

THE State Government bikie crackdown will begin investigating public servants with links to outlaw motorcycle gangs.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Crime and Misconduct Commission is preparing to probe whether criminal motorcycle gangs have infiltrated the public sector and gained access to sensitive information for illicit gain.

In an exclusive interview, the three men in charge of Queensland's anti-bikie assault - CMC chief Dr Ken Levy, Deputy Commissioner Brett Pointing and Detective Superintendent Mick Niland - have outlined the next battlegrounds, estimating it could take a generation to rid the state of the gangs. (snip )

The one voice of sanity in this is a bloke called Peter Wellington, independent MP for Nicklin QLD. The only politician to publicly condemn the legislation and to reach out to the public to explain it's real implications

Email the bloke some support, or like his FB page

http://www.facebook.com/PeterWellingtonMp/

[email protected]

I did receive a timely response from the QLD ALP re the VLAD legislation etc. It was pissweak. It basically said that the only problems they have with the new legislation is that it was hastily drafted and won't stand a challenge.

• Like 2

here's a song for you all, it's quite catchy

"Cambell newman your a dickhead"

• Like 4

I wish I had bandwidth and speed for Youtube, but thanks for posting those :)

I simply cannot believe Newman and the AG are getting away with this

At they EOFY, anyone suspected of links with a declared criminal organisation can have their trades license revoked

Right now the list of organisations only includes some motorcycle groups- however under the Criminal Organisations Disruption legislation the definition of 'links' is pretty damn broad. Anyone can be an associate. There is no provision for former membership. There is no requirement for proof of individual criminality.

Legally, if you have ever attended so much as a tattoo show or motor show put on years back by a now-proscribed entity a very long bow can be drawn and you can be declared an associate of that organisation. Amongst other provisions in the legislations, you can now lose your right to practice your legitimate livelihood

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/electrician-bikies-to-lose-jobs-by-july-gang-members-or-not-20140109-30ko3.html

From the article: Anyone who has declared their membership to a prescribed club, through words or action, sought to have been a member, or attended one or more meetings or gatherings of people who are members or associates, is in danger of losing their electrical licence or not having it renewed.

The online campaigns are having a real effect on making the public aware of the true extent of this heinous bunch of new laws. Online, emails and FB don't seem like much- but they are having a real effect, and are guided by some dedicated and legally knowledgeable people who I am coming to greatly admire

It only takes a moment to punch a comment into Newman or the AG's Facebook page ( I'm banned from both now under my main FB account ). And it works. Oh how it works

Campbell Newman

http://www.facebook.com/campbell.newman

Jarrod Bleijie- QLD attorney general

http://www.facebook.com/jarrod.bleijie

Share this. Discuss this. Contact your state and federal representatives. Make it stop.

• Like 2

I can see it now:

"Latest news flash"

A 16 year old boy and three of his conspirators have been jailed today after officers 1234567, 3345678 and 443234 broke up the gang 'we're so cool' Apparently eye witnesses say the 16 year old received a motorbike for his birthday, and was seen in a group of 4 yelling the name of their demonic association that opposes the government 'We're so cool!' Tazers were used to subdue the evil gang and they have been imprisoned without parole for 20 years.

Officers 1234567, 3345678 and 443234 gave no comment as due to the new laws there is no record of the incident ever occurring. The parents of the boy attempted to dispute the incident but no civil action is allowed against any police orificer...

• Like 2

I ride a uni cycle and you naturally team up for rider protection . ie when you get to the lights i go through the middle

of the traffic to get to the front when i get there sometimes there are a few other riders and its like a un written law to

ride side by side or in a group so a soccer mum does not take you out.How am i to know if they are bikie related

and since im on a uni cycle (which i have not been riding due to this) Whats stopping them from jailing me for just being

a commuter

Feel sorry for the postal union

I can see it now:

"Latest news flash"

A 16 year old boy and three of his conspirators have been jailed today after officers 1234567, 3345678 and 443234 broke up the gang 'we're so cool' Apparently eye witnesses say the 16 year old received a motorbike for his birthday, and was seen in a group of 4 yelling the name of their demonic association that opposes the government 'We're so cool!' Tazers were used to subdue the evil gang and they have been imprisoned without parole for 20 years.

Officers 1234567, 3345678 and 443234 gave no comment as due to the new laws there is no record of the incident ever occurring. The parents of the boy attempted to dispute the incident but no civil action is allowed against any police orificer...

How about, Officers 1234567, 3345678 and 443234 were considered to be members of an outlaw motorcycle gang a court was told. The Queensland Police Force Motorcycle Division were today asked to prove that they had no links to any criminal activity. The officers were said to protest their innocence however court prosecutors drew the judges attention to the Fitzgerald inquiry and outlined the long history of criminal conspiracies of this known gang.......

• Like 5

In the catchy song posted by PhoenixSon it shows a T-shirt "Campbells Clowns MC" if anyone can put me onto where

to get one please PM me :wink:

• Like 3

Waterboy I can send you some B.L.F patches and a flag then patch up

http://campbells-clowns.myshopify.com/

cc_patches_designs_pink_tiff_large.jpg?v

Edited by Bigred
  • Like 1

Sweet as Red

I am going to patch up to 1% ....lol.... My thoughts are still with you poor bastards

errrrr

i'm not game to try something like that. if i don't attract the ire of the blue meanies (queensland chapter) i might upset some of the gangsters who don't wear uniforms (anymore).

• Like 1

It is a consideration for those oppressed to look out for the foot soldiers Thunder

Soon Protests will be a thing of the past and forget about having a ride on your bike . I have been a strong member of

B.L.F since I was 15 and people are scared really scared . A lot of employers are decent people and will always give

a person a second chance . But now they are looking to all tradies for links to outlaws . Which will see groups like us

( B.L.F ) as people with links to bikies . This country was built with the sweat of the working class now they are getting

screwed by people who think they are upper class ( yes you working 9 to 5 with a million dollar mortgage) . I am all for outlaw

gangs to be jailed and the laws are there to do it already . Its just lazy police as they say police are only as good as there informants

and with bikies well they have a code . So its either back to old fashioned police laws or crazy laws that will keep policing easy.

Last year over 300 cases were thrown out of court in qld due to the cost to prosecute them . I know something has to be done

about it. They imho are not real criminals just people with very low morals and are not very liked in correctional facilities and normally

require stricter protection when in jail and normally get put in isolation to help order in the jail. But keeping any human in isolation

is very dangerous .They dont get rehabilitated they just become anti social thugs who will be a constant threat to the society they

get released in to .