The Corroboree
qualia

have you ever been a human guinea pig for clinical trials?

just wondering if you ever done it?

Edited by qualia
  • Like 1

yes. it has been really really good and really really bad. good to have conducted myself in such a fashion

i suppose i should say i was referring specifically to clinical trials, not really self experimentation.

• Like 1

A uni friend of mine did it when he was traveling in Europe. He did it in the UK for cash. He is a pretty healthy guy and he wasn't tested for the efficacy of the drug but for the side effects. From what I remember there were 6 people who got placebos and 6 people who got the real deal. He said he thinks he got the placebo because half of the group got the shits and the other half didn't and he was in the group that didn't get the shits. For a week or so he sat around in some clinic watching tv, reading etc whilst he was monitored by medical staff.

Naltrexone enough said

I have done 2 clinical trials in the UK for money.

One was for an alsheimers medication where my memory was tested.

The other was a diabetes medication to regulate blood sugar levels.

Due to the dollar being 2.5 time the pound it worked out to about $500 a day.

Can give more information if anyones interested.

Same, I was a part of the first intake for the Vic Naltrexone trials in like, what, 1995 or 1996 or something?
Was good and bad.

I was also a part of the Clonidine trials for Australia around the same time. (for treatment of opiate WD's)
They were horrid, they had me on 16mg of catapress tabs a day at the peak of it (4 lots of x4 1mg tabs a day!!!) I was fainting all over the shop.

Was meant to do the L.A.A.M trial but got randomised to the none-L.A.A.M group.
Im glad I did though, fuck being put onto a new opiate replacement for 12 months and then being ripped back off of it.

Bluelight has a forum devoted to Australia drug trials if you havent checked it out, lots of people in there currently doing drug trials.

• Like 1

thanks for responses . yes i am looking to participate. trouble is i don't really have anything wrong with me, medically speaking that is.

Well, really, where does anyone find one of these things to sign up to? I could use some extra cash lol.

I don't 'think' I have anything wrong with me but hey... would be worth a go ? As long as it's not like the LSD tests from years ago!

If you contact any of the big pharma companies they will have trials running all the time. Most ask for "healthy volunteers" (for phase 1 trials), you will have to sign a bunch of forms saying that you are in perfect health, blah, blah and also submit to random drug testing (& pregnancy testing for females) throughout the trial. Needless to say a positive result throws you out on your arse with no pay. These kinds of tests tend to involve things you would probably rather not be taking if you're actually healthy, like antibiotics and antidepressants. Pay varies, but from memory around $1000+ for a 6-week trial (this might involve a few appointments per week plus a few overnight stays at the lab and a bunch of blood/urine tests, and possibly other random stuff like MRIs depending on the study).

Also you can apparently register here to be contacted about trials you qualify for. Or search on here.

Not sure if this is what you're after though. Do you want cash or psychoactive drugs?

At first I was just being silly about making some money

Well, really, where does anyone find one of these things to sign up to? I could use some extra cash lol.

I don't 'think' I have anything wrong with me but hey... would be worth a go ? As long as it's not like the LSD tests from years ago!

Alot of the time they want healthy people to trials the drugs on before trialling them on unhealthy people.

Do you want cash or psychoactive drugs?

a little from column A, a little from column B.

besides being my own self administered guinea pig for various plants, no clinical trials.

But my brother has done many trials with C max from Adelaide.

Pays well.... and is pretty safe.

If your interested.. here is the link. good tax free money !

http://www.cmax.com.au/home.html

Am I allowed to post company names? if so I will list one big company I know that is currently doing trials.

I was recently asked to do a study for asthma but was disqualified due to being a smoker