The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gr33ntea

$150 for an opuntia???

it's worth what people are willing to pay for it

• Like 1

I agree, i want to buy it, but i am short of funds :S

if you have a serious plan,.. then it might be worth it....... like make divisions and resell when they are big enough.... or hybridize....

A serious plan and patience. And look at your financial priorities first or if there are better investments to be made. BUT if you really LOVE plants.... then it might be a no brainer.

I've seen them go for similar over here too. Though that is the reddest one I have seen yet.

I've seen them go for similar over here too. Though that is the reddest one I have seen yet.

The guy that's selling it is located in the Los Angeles area & has been the main source of the same plants sold on ebay in the US.

He posted this auction on ebay Australia.

It's reddish colored because thats typically the coloration of some variegated (and even green fleshed) cacti when exposed to too much sun.

have heaps of those if anyone wants for swap

• Like 1

have heaps of those if anyone wants for swap

^^ I would be keen on a piece cactus kate, is the Opuntia you have "sunburst variegated"?

Cheers

jox

• Like 1

^^ I would be keen on a piece cactus kate, is the Opuntia you have "sunburst variegated"?

Cheers

jox

I would be uber keen as well, is it "sunburst variegated"?

Definitely overpriced wow unbelievable . That Opuntia should be given away traded, good thinking cactuskate!

NO WORRIES WILL GET PICTURE AND CUTTINGS DONE IS GREAT TO SHARE

buy it,.... lay it down flat,... will set multiple roots,... cut in sections propagate,... SELL SELL SELL

I doubt it would make it through customs seeing as it's in US and that it's an opuntia, but you never know.

I doubt it would make it through customs seeing as it's in US and that it's an opuntia, but you never know.

sometimes they send you an invoice on paypal after u win the auction, for the permit so they can get it through. But i'm not too sure

^^ I just mean because Opuntia spp. were one of the country's most notorious weeds for a long time before the supermoth was released, and because live plants are generally too much of a PIA to get in regardless.

Edited by gtarman