The Corroboree
simhanada

OxFam Trailwalker Auction 3 - Finishes Sunday 8pm EST 14th April

I want you to whip ur naked back with a barbwire encrusted stick for the duration of the next trek. Barefooted. Whilst whistling matchbox 20 songs.

Be merciful! You could at least give him earplugs.

• Like 1

Watched the video, inspirational mate, im sure these auctions will become common place for SAB, i think it would be a good idea if it became a main stay here, and got more attention from all of our members, might be a good way to show people that what they saw on 7 news is not what we are about, f@#king main stream TV pisses me off, but hey we can only do the right thing and hope good things come to us, keep the bidding going guys, we are doing a good thing here

• Like 3

plus will throw in a canna terra nutrient pack grow and flower

• Like 2

WT you are a credit to your family, your community & to this community also ... :worship::worship:

We are lucky to have somebody like yourself setting the example for the rest of us to follow.

• Like 1

great video wt!!

$300...let see how high we can get this, all in the name of a good cause.

• Like 2

Well done Bromo! that extra loph is now in play, I wonder if someone can bring something special out if we pass $400!

• Like 1

The texana is in play people, ill post a photo of it soon to get everyone's juices going, if we can get it past 600 ill pull out the goods, all i will say is 'loph' and 'mutated', let your imagination do the rest, just keep bidding and see what you get, but i can assure you it will be well worth it if you win this auction

• Like 1

Watched the video, inspirational mate, im sure these auctions will become common place for SAB, i think it would be a good idea if it became a main stay here, and got more attention from all of our members, might be a good way to show people that what they saw on 7 news is not what we are about, f@#king main stream TV pisses me off, but hey we can only do the right thing and hope good things come to us, keep the bidding going guys, we are doing a good thing here

I was thinking about getting a kiva account setup just for this community. I would get it going nd people could contribute where they wanted, bascailly kiva make micro finance loans to people for things like seeds and basic materials to improve their lives. The loans are only paid back about 70% of the time but these are people in exceptional circumstances. When the loan is repaid the money is reinvested and so on. I floated the idea before but didn't.'t get many takers. I agree that we are a generally privaldged community of people who can do lots of good. Once this trailwalker business is out of the way it might be worth discussing what people want to do .

The support you guys have put behind this is fucking awesome. I'm really moved by every one getting behind it. Such a reativly small amount of money can make such a difference overseas. :)

I just hope I don't have a fall in the first few Km's and let you down ;)

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 2

Dude ur well respected here. As far as I've learned respect is something that is earned, so I wouldn't be that surprised that people are willing to support you.

• Like 1

In todays world its not often that people give a shit to be blunt, to see someone actually have a crack at solving one of the largest problems in the world is a bit different, your doing the right thing mate, so i dont see why people shouldn't help you out, where not the richest people on earth granted but most of us aren't that time poor, so putting up a couple of things from the garden is nothing, i know i have heaps, im giving up very little in the large scheme of things and that small part of my garden is going to help others grow farms when there is famine, water to droughts and , medicine to disease, i look at as a good investment all over, so we can keep it running im sure, if you all crack the 600 mark i will throw in a cutting off my crested loph when i go to divide him, it wont be for a bit but hey its a lophophora williamsi cristate so im sure people wont mind waiting that little bit so it can be divided, i will not be selling any of these to anyone, this is the only place anyone will be able to get one, it will be divided between me, a close friend who is also a member on here, and the person who can win this auction with a bid of over 600 dollars, the goods are out, get your teeth into it, you all know you want to

• Like 1

wt i can get behind the kiva thing. i usually hate taking money for trades but i would do kiva in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

plus will add some other hydroponic goodies root cubes , rooting hormone , and other nutrient boosters

• Like 2

Watertrade, I would be up for supporting a Kiva account.

Dude ur well respected here. As far as I've learned respect is something that is earned, so I wouldn't be that surprised that people are willing to support you.

Not only that, after seeing the video we know in person just how huggable he is, too.

Hey, I just split an infinitive! ;)

• Like 1

Bump.. Just a reminder that the auction finishes this evening! Endor is in front with $400. If someone bids $600 or more skywalker will throw in a cutting of his crested loph when its dividing time. Amazing!!

You could sell a crested loph on EBAY for more than six hundred :wink: .

Make all your money back and then keep the rest. If it was me I'd be keeping that loph though !

What an offer ! Id go 600 if i had the money at the moment.

Edited by tipz
  • Like 2

$600 is a lot of money! But if someone is thinking about bidding 600+ i I will add in these 5 degrafted lophs. They are either degrafted or seed grown I'm not sure. They are not the most beautiful plants but they are healthy. I think the pot is 135mm . I'm not at home at the moment so can't get better picks.

I can't post pics from my iPad so here is a link.

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/WATERTRADE/media/March%202013/c0c2d6d6-ba0a-4f21-a215-1b42312c7501_zps00f6e07d.jpg.html?state=copy

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 1

A little late in the game but just to add, I don't see anything wrong with people forming a consortium to try and reach the $600+ mark. You'd need to fight it out over the lophs though ;) Its very close and the rewards are worth it!

Edited by simhanada

Endorfimder win!!'

• Like 1

are we going to do another

bigred, sure, new thread new auction? Does anyone else want to facilitate auction 4?