The Corroboree
Change

Tool Tour 2013

yeah, I'm going to go the melbourne and sydney shows also breadfilter. Also coming over this month for puscifer :)

People are so rude about old musicians, I hope they aren't quite so mean about my garden when I get old. Plenty people still want to see Sabbath, even if they aren't and never can be the same as when they first started. Pioneers, great musicians, revered elders. Same as Tool, really.

I haven't been yet but you can see me in the crowd. It's amazing how listening to this stuff can still make my skin crawl, after all these years! It's no wonder my parents were convinced they were satanic, but to me there stuff probably kept me on the straight and narrow more than anything else.

EDIT:

Or should I say, away from the crumbling edge?

Edited by whitewind

yeah, I'm going to go the melbourne and sydney shows also breadfilter. Also coming over this month for puscifer :)

Incog and I are going to see Puscifer in Sydney. If you are at that show let us know and we can hang out.

Edited by Bread Filter
  • Like 1

I used to be a massive Tool fan (and even have a Lateralus vinyl somewhere signed by the band members), but after 10,000 Days kinda went off them a bit.

Having said that, I'll probably still go -- only so I don't regret it later on.

I cant see any vid's my flash player dont work :(

Need I remind you that the members of Tool are around 50 years old (apart from JC)

I don't suggest that Sabbath would be an awesome live show in 2013, in fact I think it would be horrible.

However I do think that the shows from the start, up to the Lateralus era were the last of the great Tool performances.

Anyway, bring on the fucking last album !

What else would one expect, apart from a shit gig, rolling out the dinosaurs. We need to put that aside, and focus on the time-capsules that represent them in their prime. Sabbath are the kings of the dark & heavy. Who cares how shyte they are, onstage in the new millennium!? They nailed some quite awesome grooves throughout their first five albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjspyo-_aI

Hang on 50 years old isn't past it.

It may seem old to a twenty something year old but I would like to see how you feel when you when you get there. I am past 50 and I can keep up with plenty of people that are twenty years younger than me and as far as old rockers go most have mellowed a bit but there are still many that can still put on a show as good if not better than when they were younger.

I saw ACDC at there last concert and I recon it was easily one of the best concerts that I have seen and how old are they now ?

You don't have to be young to rock you just need rock in your soul

Stand up and be counted
For what you are about to receive
We are the dealers
We'll give you everything you need
Hail hail to the good times
'Cause rock has got the right of way
We ain't no legend, ain't no cause
We're just livin' for today

For those about to rock, we salute you

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

I cant see any vid's my flash player dont work :(

Hang on 50 years old isn't past it.

It may seem old to a twenty something year old but I would like to see how you feel when you when you get there. I am past 50 and I can keep up with plenty of people that are twenty years younger than me and as far as old rockers go most have mellowed a bit but there are still many that can still put on a show as good if not better than when they were younger.

I saw ACDC at there last concert and I recon it was easily one of the best concerts that I have seen and how old are they now ?

You don't have to be young to rock you just need rock in your soul

Stand up and be counted

For what you are about to receive

We are the dealers

We'll give you everything you need

Hail hail to the good times

'Cause rock has got the right of way

We ain't no legend, ain't no cause

We're just livin' for today

For those about to rock, we salute you

Cheers

Got

Yep, one of the best concerts i have seen too.

• Like 1

Old guys can still put on a show I seen Judith priest and that was an awsome show those boys are pushing 70 lol. I was very disappointed with tools last show at Soundwave but love there music to the point of obsession so I'll be giving them a second chance

• Like 1

Too old. Lemmy 68 he still goes hard.

And Bob Dylan he's gotta be 70 an playing heaps of rockabilly these days. Mind you he sounds like Tom Waits lol.

Also John Paul Johns he's kicking around in Them crooked Vultures.

I'm going to see Robert Plant in march and can't wait to see what he is like now.

• Like 2

Weighing in on the 'old rockers can rock' argument... after witnessing Anvil 4 times in total now, fuck can old dudes still get amongst it and rock out! I think some of the performance hype is also lost in the massive areas ya'll go to watch these bands in... Personally I only go to shows with 1-300ppl as my favs only pull this sorta crowd. Ie the hardons still rock as hard as their 1980s live clips :) same as my last witness of the hitman and radio birdman

• Like 2

Gotta love them tool fans ;)

Psylo I read an interview with Keenan not long ago when he admitted his heart was no longer residing with tool nor apc, and that he no longer has the range that he did when he started with tool. I believe it went that he was pushing himself back then, and now in his advanced years he just can't crack the vocals required to belt out a tool tune. The last tool and apc concert I went to SUCKED. They had a fan in me after the alternative nation tour which they played in before opiate was released. They where fucking awesome then, Keenan was a real showman.

I tells ya who blew me away whilst working in an rsl bar one night 4 yr ago- darryl braithwaite :)

Best vocal performance I've witnessed honestly!!!

Edited by incognito

ha ha...trust you to change it from Tool and Sabbath to Darryl Braithwaite!

hopefully will make it to the Sydney show...got to give Tool credit...if they hadn't got me into Bill Hicks, Alex Grey and the notion of Third Eyes and psychedelic therapy...well who knows where i'd be these days...

• Like 2

Darryl can sing man, oh how darryl can sing!!

Yep, one of the best concerts i have seen too.

agreed

i saw tool in brisbane last concert and I must say that it was fucking awesome, he sounded better than on the albums. true, he mainly does tool to pay for his vinyard, but hey wouldn't you too? Do a job to pay for your hobby?

• Like 3

How good was Alternative nation. Best line up of the 90s. NIN was there too Primus Faith no more.

• Like 1

Was the shiz. I got to see em all :)

• Like 2

Black flag

Hey did they do two days were you were? Did you see Lou reed?

• Like 1