The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

Sydney Plant Swap - 02/03/13 @ Bents basin

hopefully be able to bring a mimosa, hbwr, some rue

i have no idea what ill have to trade,

Dood, you want to make this the time we try some coleus? Its taking over my greenhouse starting to drive me crazy

404538_10200179378601535_808940441_n.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely HB! Is there any interest to camp their the night before the meet? Can we even camp there?

I will have some of my foliage to bring too and distribute to a few members. How were we gonna do this, quid and smoke? I can attempt an acetone extract as well, possibly try 25x laced back into leaf?

camping at bents is ok, it is a propper camp site with showers and toilets. although you do have to pay

Second the coleus experiment

• Like 1

Yeah i think me and at least another member will camp there the satdy night. Dont think it will be that wild, we just like camping LOL

Yeh I need more excuses to get the camper van out also! Ill see what I can muster up, I might have other duties whilst in Sydney if the mrs says so.

I think I might bring a few Peres grafts and recently harvested brug/heimia/phalaris seed also. If I have the heart ill take a few very small sections of a variegated lobivia I have and a few variegated prickly pear pads.

I wouldn't mind making a camp out of this plant swap, its been a long time since ive been to Bents Basin but i remember it being beautiful.

Ill bring along a few seedlings, A. maidenii A. obtusifolia D.Metel maybe even some n u s t y k a

Out of interest, Hillbilly, how bad is the 'kids factor' on weekends at Bents Basin ? We are looking for somewhere for ceremonial purposes in a few weeks or so, thats close to water and moderately quiet.

it does get people there even in quiet times. It is pretty big so you can usually find a reasonably quiet spot, but i dont know. Depends how private you need.

if it was me i would look at some colo sites for that kinda thing, if you need reasonable easy access that is. Theyre usually alot less people, especially the further up you go.

I don't really have anything to trade (yet), but definitely keen to come along and camp.

• Like 2

Maybe just make a post about it in the Sydney Meet thread, that way more people might notice that don't come in here.

I'll see what I can find to trade/give people on the day.

Acerola (Malpighia emarginata)

Sassafrass (Doryphora sassafrass)

Kawakawa (Macropiper excelsum)

It's in my diary

EDIT: Just a few, I'm potting some up for my bush garden ;)

Edited by whitewind

I should be able to make it , but I don't have much to trade ATM :)

Ill be adding some scelly and desoplerma to my bring along also! Some Peres grafts too if I haven mentioned em already.

Unfortunately I won't be camping as an old mate wants to catch up since ill be in town. I this falls through ill be camping for sure!

Well seeing some peeps will be camping Sat night, and peeps like me have a bit of travel, lunch.

No need to get there too early.

If I pot up some Khat runners is anybody interested.

Ok well we shall say start congregating at 1130-12ish with "official" proceedings underway at 1? That way we can have a chat before hand and nobody misses out on the swap itself?

If people have excess plants, ill be cashed up if trade isn't suitable ;)

Yes please Colhawk, just a couple. Red? Is this plant swapping or trading or both? Do we need an ethno flower in our lapels / hair to be recognised? :wink:

me and toby will be there early, most of the people will know at least one of us.

if not pm me

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios