The Corroboree
Torsten

Drug lab arson starts bushfire. ABC is bad at maths

Price of ice/meth appears to have gone up... or rather the maths skills of ABC journalists have declined. A kilo is now apparently worth 2 million. That means a gram of pure ice is worth $2000 and a gram of street quality meth thus about $200. I think he got that wrong by about a factor of 10.

http://www.abc.net.a...torched/4463672

Drug squad detectives have arrested a father and son over two clandestine drug laboratories, after a bushfire swept through Sydney's south-west.

Police believe the laboratories, hidden in remote bushland at Camden and only accessible by foot, had been operating for years.

They say a fire was deliberately lit to destroy the labs last week, sparking a bushfire in the Blue Mountains National Park which destroyed 55 hectares.

A father and son were arrested last night and have been accused of making millions of dollars worth of the drug known as ice.

Police say the laboratories were capable of producing five-kilogram batches of the drug. A kilogram is worth up to $2 million.

Detectives began watching the men just before Christmas and had planned to raid the labs last Tuesday, but the hot weather and extreme fire danger stopped them.

The next day, police allege the 27-year-old son started the bushfire when he tried to destroy the drug labs.

"We don't know what tipped them to light the fire," said Acting State Crime Commander Peter Cotter.

"It will be our summation that they obviously became aware of our investigation - we're not sure how that happened."

The bushfire was only completely extinguished last night after six aircraft and ground crews worked on it.

• Like 2

I wonder if the cops think that as well? Not suggesting there all fuck ups who can't use there calculator app.

Edit- their....

LOL, I think you need to edit again. 3rd time lucky ;)

It has been pointe dout to me that meth prices have increased quite a lot in the last 15 years, so the truth is probably half way between me and the ABC. Still trying to get more details. Anyone know what the price of pure meth/ice is per gram?

• Like 1

$1000 per g in W.A. I have heard of friends paying. Dumbfucks if u ask me, just go ask the doc for sum duramine :P

$1000 per g in W.A. I have heard of friends paying

lol is this true?

i thought $350 for a gram of shit coke was stupid but holy cow

$1000 per g in W.A. I have heard of friends paying. Dumbfucks if u ask me, just go ask the doc for sum duramine :P

fuk that $350 to 500 a gram around the suunycoast but shitte coke is a hit with tha kiddiez now

Edited by bullit

?

$100 per point here is absolutely normal.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear of higher prices in more remote locations like NT.

edit: and i'm not even talking about pure sadly :(

The price has gone up five times from about 6 years ago

Edited by Distracted

Online:

$600/g

$75/point

Can't comment on purity though.

350 cut / 450-500 to the gee pure off the rock down these parts they tell me.

coke?whats that...

Edited by waterboy

min $500/g for pure seems to be the concensus here and on FB. While anything over $1000/g pure seems to require special circumstances [eg remote]. That's quite an increase from my party days at min $200/g pure or min $50/g street quality [which was about 10-15%].

Online:

$600/g

$75/point

Can't comment on purity though.

very very high purity ( so I have heard ! )

And online OS something like $120 an 8th for glass :wacko:

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

no wonder some people get so angry when they take it, i'd be furious too if i was paying those prices,

• Like 10

Detectives began watching the men just before Christmas and had planned to raid the labs last Tuesday, but the hot weather ... stopped them.

meanwhile, at drug squad HQ...

post-1342-0-78189500-1358178942_thumb.jp

post-1342-0-78189500-1358178942_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-78189500-1358178942_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

ice is the worst drug ever, and for what it is i cant believe the price it's attracting most labs are pseudo cooks

you never really see p2p methlamine labs. If they made the sudafed hard to get ie a script you would see

a drastic drop in the market as most cooks ive ever meet only did the hypo iodine simply because

they have no scientific training and it is so easy to convert pseudo to meth it;s not funny

Every one I know pays 1000 per g on the sunny coast. Id never say that for any drug especially one as shit as ice. Ppl here pay that for "pure" speed. Speaking of which what's the differents between the two? I thought ice was just really pure speed but everyone says the pure is as good as ice and looks completely different

Meanwhile, At drug headquarters..... :blink:

Yep, the big players....

Edited by tipz
  • Like 2

there is so much variation in quality and price, i don't think it's at all farfetched to say that a gram could be cut down and sold for several thousand but no more than a thousand without cutting. a discerning tweaker would probably take the real ice for 1000 rather than "i can't believe it's not ice (wait, yes i can)" for 700

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Never bought it but around me in Sydney ice is $60 a point so I guess around $400/$500 a gram.

Edited by OPP

I was told while in SE Asia a few weeks ago that one could make $10,000 taking a bottle of "Wiskey" (sudo) back to aust.

This was bar room chat at a late hour with a rather shady stranger though. So i cant be certain if he was talking big or actually serious.

Edited by eatfoo